Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will Paul George be a whole new player this season?

Well?

Default Re: Will Paul George be a whole new player this season?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Well?
    Nope. Still the same 22/7/4 player on mediocre efficiency and elite defense.

I don't think his skill set will change too much, but I think he has a whole new mindset. Pretty much said so in his twitter feed the other day.

They want to experiment with him in the PF role so it's hard to say.

I assume they'll see how it goes for a while and then decide to move him back to SF or not.

Plus this will be his first year I believe w/o trash can Hibbert.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Probably will look like Spurs TMac if Pop wasn't an idiot and actually played him.

NBA lottery pick

New player? Not really, but he will be playing a new position. I'm not really sure why they're experimenting with him at the power forward. I get they're trying the whole Warriors strategy of faster offense with flexible defense without big slow guys like Hibbert, etc.

This guy is coming back from a crazy injury and when he gets back, he's playing a whole different position. If I was George, I wouldn't be the happiest of campers. However, I'm sure he'll adjust and get his mind in the game. I'm not worried about his physical ability. The guy was doing in between the legs dunks in China a while back. He looks like he will be back at 100% pretty soon. So, he should be the same player but playing a different position in a different offense.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

If Myles Turner has a monster rookie season, no doubt they make the playoffs. If he's just average, not sure.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Well, if the preseason game against Chicago is anything to go by, then yes. It's the only time I've seen him since last year and he looked like a flat out superstar. His handle, quickness and ability to create for himself all looked a good 2 notches above what he looked like in 2014 - when he was just your average All Star, nothing more. I was amazed by how badly he schooled Jimmy Butler. PG's been compared to T-Mac in the past, but he actually demonstrated T-Mac like ability in that game.

Remember when Kobe stans jump shipped to the Paul George bandwagon? Good times.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Yes, and I think the Pacers will surprise a lot of people by making the playoffs and go for a deep run.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Why would he be a whole new player? He's still going to be the guy with average handles who takes way too many perimeter shots. He'll also still play great defense. He's never going to be a superstar, but he's a max player in the league.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Well, if the preseason game against Chicago is anything to go by, then yes. It's the only time I've seen him since last year and he looked like a flat out superstar. His handle, quickness and ability to create for himself all looked a good 2 notches above what he looked like in 2014 - when he was just your average All Star, nothing more. I was amazed by how badly he schooled Jimmy Butler. PG's been compared to T-Mac in the past, but he actually demonstrated T-Mac like ability in that game.

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    Remember when Kobe stans jump shipped to the Paul George bandwagon? Good times.
    Remember when Lebron choked in the finals, not once...not twice...not three times, but four times? Good times.

I have a feeling he was a flash in the pan and will prove to be not that great now that his team stinks and teams have had time to scout him. Also the injury interrupted his momentum.

Lance Stephenson and, for a while, Roy Hibbert were also big names, when the Pacers were winning and playing elite team defense. Ever since they've fallen apart, no one associated with those peak Pacers teams has done a damn thing.

Not as dependent on momentum as Deron Williams and Jeremy Lin (flash in the pan point guards are a distinct species) but I do think he will fall out of conversations when second-tier SFs are being discussed (Kawhi Leonard, Melo, etc)

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Still Can't Score In The Post