NBA rookie of the year

Default Al Jefferson: "Hornets adding 3-point shooting this offseason will benefit my game."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba-news...enters-big-men

"I think people don't realize, 3-point shooting is what makes me who I am,

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Al Jefferson: "Hornets adding 3-point shooting this offseason will benefit my game."

Al Jefferson gets it.

Modern emphasis on 3 point shooting creates spacing for interior scoring.

Banned

Default Re: Al Jefferson: "Hornets adding 3-point shooting this offseason will benefit my game."

it's 2015

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

One of the great passing big men in the game. Double him and bang!

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Al Jefferson gets it.

Uts been that way since the 3 point line was in the game. Go look at the 93-96 Rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Uts been that way since the 3 point line was in the game. Go look at the 93-96 Rockets.
    No, it was in it's infant stages at that point. Look at the NBA's 3 pointers made from 93-96 and then from 2012-2015.

Note that the influx of 3 point shooting shown in the mid 90's was caused from them moving the 3 point line in. When the 3 point line was moved back to the distance it was today we see a sharp decline back down to the normal trend.

Its always a pleasure watching Al operate in the post.

One of the few in the league that has a eye appealing post game.

Al Jefferson gets it.

Lol at you thinking this is some new thing. Like coaches just found this out last summer

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Lol at you thinking this is some new thing. Like coaches just found this out last summer
    According to the numbers, coaches have been figuring out more and more every summer that 3 point shooting creates spacing for interior scoring.

Only problem is that he can't pass that well nor does he have an offensive IQ geared towards that...

Dude certainly can do his thing in the post though, really like to watch it, and ofc the spacing will help his game...

Let's see though.

Very good NBA starter

No, it was in it's infant stages at that point. Look at the NBA's 3 pointers made from 93-96 and then from 2012-2015.

Note that the influx of 3 point shooting shown in the mid 90's was caused from them moving the 3 point line in. When the 3 point line was moved back to the distance it was today we see a sharp decline back down to the normal trend.
    I said the Rockets used it not the whole league. They couldn't triple team Hakeem has much.

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    I said the Rockets used it not the whole league. They couldn't triple team Hakeem has much.
    ngga you are backtracking

Very good NBA starter

ngga you are backtracking

A team did it so its not some new thing al Jefferson was talking about

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Its always a pleasure watching Al operate in the post.

One of the few in the league that has a eye appealing post game.
    Eye appealing...but not efficient at all since every shot he takes is AWAY from the basket so he barely gets to the line. 18.3 shots to 3.0fta's...that's pitiful for a guy who's supposed to be an INSIDE SCORER.

Meh, he's a shitty passer so I doubt much will change.

It's like last year when he said he really worked on his defense - yet it wasn't any better.