Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your pre-season thoughts on: Miami Heat

I'm curious to know what you peeps think of the Heat this coming season.

I see a team lacking shooting and with shitty perimeter chemistry so far from what I have seen but I could be wrong. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Your pre-season thoughts on: Miami Heat

Was at the game the other night and couldn't really take anything away from it. They definitely are working on chemistry at this point. Neither wade or Bosh looked any more assertive than they did when that other guy was in town, but I need to see them in games that actually count. Green looks to be a bright spot for them though, and I'm not sure what to make of Winslow yet. He didn't really do anything of note. They should make the playoffs this season assuming health but I dunno how far they can go, doesn't look too promising just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Was at the game the other night and couldn't really take anything away from it. They definitely are working on chemistry at this point. Neither wade or Bosh looked any more assertive than they did when that other guy was in town, but I need to see them in games that actually count. Green looks to be a bright spot for them though, and I'm not sure what to make of Winslow yet. He didn't really do anything of note. They should make the playoffs this season assuming health but I dunno how far they can go, doesn't look too promising just yet.

Hmm. yeah. For what it's worth Bosh looked a bit more assertive but yeah both of those guys were so spoiled by that guy that I'm not sure we will ever see them have that elite mental discipline to take over consistently again. Maybe Whiteside will have to become an all-pro for this team to stay relevant...

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    Hmm. yeah. For what it's worth Bosh looked a bit more assertive but yeah both of those guys were so spoiled by that guy that I'm not sure we will ever see them have that elite mental discipline to take over consistently again. Maybe Whiteside will have to become an all-pro for this team to stay relevant...
    Seemed like it could have been a this is the preseason cakewalk for them but I guess showing out in exhibitions are for the youngsters.

High School Varsity 6th Man Dr. Ice's Avatar

They look like a 5th seed

We lack offensive cohesion, and it is mainly to do with coaching. The good thing is, we added size and rebounding, and hopefully the center, Benson sticks on the team, since it's nice to have two 7 footers in the team.

I'm thinking we win 46-48 games this season, which is up from my prediction of 35 last season. I think adding size, and Amare as an aggressive scorer down low will help us a bunch. I think Wade, and Dragic particularly are extremely overrated at this point, but hopefully guys like Green and Winslow can step up, as well as Deng.

Bosh can shoot his 16 footers now that we have Whiteside in there. He must be thrilled.

This team has talent, but it is made up of guys who have been in the league too long, and are somewhat content with where they fit in the bigger picture. As much as I like Wade, I don't think he particularly cares if he wins another one. Same with Bosh. Whiteside is young and wants to make a name for himself, but he is the funnest one to watch on our team, so I don't mind. Winslow is someone I can look forward to, and enjoy watching progress. Dragic is just a middle of the pack PG who got paid too much, and now we're stuck with him. Amare doesn't really care about much, apart from being home in Florida and simply playing the way he always did; no defense.

Just a bunch of guys thrown together really, and some get sucked into the hype. Others hype them, much like they did last season, to somehow get back at Bron. I can't believe people were predicting 50+ wins for this team after Bron left. It's like only a select few people saw how bad and depleted this team was without Bron on the floor. Him leaving was a good thing in regards to finding a talent like Whiteside though.

Banned

Outside of OKC, they are the only team in the league with 2 superstars (Wade + Bosh)

So I expect them to come out of the East and at least make the Finals competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    We lack offensive cohesion, and it is mainly to do with coaching. The good thing is, we added size and rebounding, and hopefully the center, Benson sticks on the team, since it's nice to have two 7 footers in the team.

I'm thinking we win 46-48 games this season, which is up from my prediction of 35 last season. I think adding size, and Amare as an aggressive scorer down low will help us a bunch. I think Wade, and Dragic particularly are extremely overrated at this point, but hopefully guys like Green and Winslow can step up, as well as Deng.

Bosh can shoot his 16 footers now that we have Whiteside in there. He must be thrilled.

This team has talent, but it is made up of guys who have been in the league too long, and are somewhat content with where they fit in the bigger picture. As much as I like Wade, I don't think he particularly cares if he wins another one. Same with Bosh. Whiteside is young and wants to make a name for himself, but he is the funnest one to watch on our team, so I don't mind. Winslow is someone I can look forward to, and enjoy watching progress. Dragic is just a middle of the pack PG who got paid too much, and now we're stuck with him. Amare doesn't really care about much, apart from being home in Florida and simply playing the way he always did; no defense.

Just a bunch of guys thrown together really, and some get sucked into the hype. Others hype them, much like they did last season, to somehow get back at Bron. I can't believe people were predicting 50+ wins for this team after Bron left. It's like only a select few people saw how bad and depleted this team was without Bron on the floor. Him leaving was a good thing in regards to finding a talent like Whiteside though.
    Yeah I get that vibe from Wade in particular. He's just enjoying his time in the league and maybe isn't serious enough to want another ring... I don't know. But if this team caught fire and Whiteside takes over the team and becomes like a Cousins, there is enough here to make a run at the Cavs. I would start Green to shake it up but that's just me.

Yeah I get that vibe from Wade in particular. He's just enjoying his time in the league and maybe isn't serious enough to want another ring... I don't know. But if this team caught fire and Whiteside takes over the team and becomes like a Cousins, there is enough here to make a run at the Cavs. I would start Green to shake it up but that's just me.
    Cousins passes.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Cousins passes.
    Totally different games, I know, but I mean he becomes like a centerpiece.

Totally different games, I know, but I mean he becomes like a centerpiece.
    No, I mean Whiteside literally never passes. At an unprecedented rate.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    No, I mean Whiteside literally never passes. At an unprecedented rate.
    Yep. I've seen it.

I think if they end up in a series they give the cavs a run regardless, 1st round or conference finals. Don't think it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Seemed like it could have been a this is the preseason cakewalk for them but I guess showing out in exhibitions are for the youngsters.
    maybe...

I think if they end up in a series they give the cavs a run regardless, 1st round or conference finals. Don't think it matters.
    probably right. it's just going to be inevitable.

Local High School Star

i have completely lost faith in spo. i know the heat had a lot in injuries last year but there were alot of games that were lost mainly because of bad coaching. bad player rotations, no ingame adjustments, just terrible overall decision making. that team still shouldve made the playoffs.

now assuming they can stay healthy, and with all the talent they have, they can brute force their way past spo's *hitty coaching and hit around 55-ish games.

but realistically, its an aging roster so they're bound to have injuries. combine that with spo's *hitty coaching and they'll wind up in the 40-45 range.

but if its anything like last year where the team was plagued with injuries all season, shuffling forty something different lineups, then itll be another disaster with no post season. a good, or even decent coach might be able to rally the troops and make a playoff push in the weak east, but spo *ucking sucks *ss.
    Last edited by f0und; 10-20-2015 at 12:16 PM.