Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: John Henson gets racially profiled at jewelry store

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak

if some fat joe lookin a** was walking up to a young woman in an ally... i doubt theyed say "well i can't unfairly profile this person. it could be fat joe"

na...999999999 times out of 1000000000 its probly a thick ugly fat disgusting thug look alike ready to rape and pillage

its better to be safe than sorry

i can almost guarantee anybody that isnt fat joe that shares these same characteristics is probably a scumbag and would take whatever virginity a helpless woman had to carry with herself down a dark ally way
    Last edited by kennethgriffin; 10-19-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Good High School Starter Crimsonrain777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    The store's explanation:

Dixon said the store has had three armed robberies in 18 months, and one of the suspect vehicles involved is from the same dealership as Henson’s vehicle. Dixon said when employees saw the vehicle with dealer plates, they became suspicious based on the previous robberies.

Dixon said the misunderstanding is over the vehicle involved, and was not due to racial profiling.

http://www.wisn.com/news/bucks-playe...store/35928260
    i wonder if they informed Henson of this when he was allowed into the store. The explanation for why they were cautious sounds reasonable enough
    Last edited by Crimsonrain777; 10-19-2015 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    if some fat joe lookin a** was walking up to a young woman in an ally... i doubt theyed say "well i can't unfairly profile this person. it could be fat joe"

na...999999999 times out of 1000000000 its probly a thick ugly fat disgusting thug look alike ready to rape and pillage

You're comparing an encounter in an alley to a public establishment locking its doors for a costumer?

Banned

i can almost guarantee anybody that isnt fat joe that shares these same characteristics is probably a scumbag and would take whatever virginity a helpless woman had to carry with herself down a dark ally way
    If any race of dude walked up to a girl in an alley at night they'd be worried.

This isn't even a comparison though, this is a guy trying to get in to a store in the middle of the day.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    You're comparing an encounter in an alley to a public establishment locking its doors for a costumer?

you act as if fat joe vs a woman wouldnt hold just as much of an inferior matchup as some 7 foot black guy vs a 4 foot asian jewelry store owner

theyre both equally scared for good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Context is key.

Racial injustice is always the juicier story though.

Very good NBA starter

Maybe the owner had just finished watching Menace 2 Society?

what are you going on about Kenneth?

White privilege views in this thread are real

you act as if fat joe vs a woman wouldnt hold just as much of an inferior matchup as some 7 foot black guy vs a 4 foot asian jewelry store owner

theyre both equally scared for good reason.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    If any race of dude walked up to a girl in an alley at night they'd be worried.

This isn't even a comparison though, this is a guy trying to get in to a store in the middle of the day.

7 foot black dudes banging on a window yelling racial bias isnt your typical customer though

like i said. whos that eager to buy jewelry so spontaneously and ill-conceived.

theyed more than likely have false representation with evil intentions. or just happen to be that 1 out of 100000 times a celebrity with pockets fulla pockets fulla pockets fulla Benjamin's babaaay

now.. if youre a store owner. you have to go with the odds

7 foot black dudes banging on a window yelling racial bias isnt your typical customer though
    Ringing the doorbell twice equals "7 foot black dudes banging on a window yelling racial bias"?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy
    White privilege views in this thread are real

white people have privilege because we shame our own race when they commit crimes

black people encourage it and defend their own even with overwhelming evidence against whoever it is.

whether it be OJ or michael brown. black people will get behind the criminal and say "black lives matter! .... innocent!"

lol

this is why you can't have nice things

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Ringing the doorbell twice equals "7 foot black dudes banging on a window yelling racial bias"?

i'm sure it went down like that

if he was that non confrontational he never would have made a big deal about it in the first place

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Context is key.

Racial injustice is always the juicier story though.
    It seems a few other details would still need to be fleshed out a bit. For instance, a car merely being from the same dealer shouldn't warrant such a response. I'm wondering if the make and model were similar and if Henson matched a prior suspect... a seven-foot African-American man with athletic build.