Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2001 Lakers vs 2015 Warriors: Who wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Thesmallmamba
    I've only been posting here for a day, but the level of retardness displayed by your posts

Should've known, you're a cHeat fan who got mindf*cked since LeBron left your pathetic franchise

Having an advantage at only C is NOT good enough

By that logic the Kings should win the championship every season since they have an advantage at C (Demarcus is the best C in the league) vs every team in the league

Sure you have.

in today's league, Shaq will make every warrior players foul out in 20min.
    Shaq would break Bogut's body and mind in 1 dunk.

College star

The Warriors.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I can see this being a very competitive series, the '02 Kings took the Lakers to 7 games, a team very similar to the Warriors without the defense.

What is the purpose of this obvious thread?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    I can see this being a very competitive series, the '02 Kings took the Lakers to 7 games, a team very similar to the Warriors without the defense.
    The 2001 Kings were even more similar to the 2002 Kings than the 2015 Warriors were, and the 2001 Lakers swept them. Lakers slaughter the 2015 Warriors. I think Lakers win 4-1.

Lakers slaughter Warriors in 4 games at best Warriors maybe win one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesmallmamba
    How? Only position the Lakers have an advantage is in Center, and the Warriors also have a better bench.
    Shooting guard?

The Warriors were on the ropes against a Love/Irving less Cavs team with LeBron shooting under 40%. I'll take the Lakers in this one

Local High School Star

Unless you have Michael Jordan in your back court, a GREAT inside team will beat a soft perimeter oriented team like the Warriors 9 out of 10 times under ANY RULES!

With the soft video game rules the NBA has now the Warriors take away maybe 1 game, with the 2001 rules which resembled real basketball those Lakers SLAUGHTER the Warriors!

Shaq at his absolute peak and Kobe nearing his?!? Please!

The Warriors are a nice little team for today's NBA but would translate horribly into any other era of basketball

If you wanna take Curry out of the game you gotta do to things the Lakers could do:

1. Make him guard..preferable post him up. Any of the lakers guards could post him up easily or just run them down there to tire him out.

2. How athletic long disciplined defenders to guard him. Go back and look at the 2001 lakers. kobes defense is a prob gonna surprise those young folks.

This is not even mentioning Shaq who could have possible been the greatest player to ever pick up a basketball during the playoffs in 2001. That is how good he was...wasn't even fair. And you telling me he isn't gonna shit on some guys trying to say his style of pay doesn't work.

Also not to mention...Kobe was a ****ing monster. That's two monsters with championship experience plus GOAT tier role players. Horry, Fisher and Fox were no joke. They were tough, good defenders that made winning plays all day long.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 10-19-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    What?
    We're talking about the 2001 Lakers, not the 2002 battling injuries.
    The 2001 Lakers won like 20 straight games before finally losing to the 76ers in overtime after a long layoff. And it took Iverson's historic playoff game to even upset LA.

They should have been the first team in league history to sweep the competition in every round.

Fact is, Kobe and Shaq were the two best players in the world during those playoffs. They took turns on shitting on their opponents. Kobe took a dump on SA, while Shaq took a dump on the Sixers.

Jordan & Pippen in their PRIME would have gotten slaughtered by 01' Kobe & Shaq. I guess too many of you youngsters just haven't seen the dominance. They swept a pretty darn good Spurs team by an average victory margin of 20 PPG; to this day, it's the highest point differential in league history.

They did this to a 2nd seed Spurs team that won close to 60 games in the regular season I believe.

They would wreck Golden State in 5 games max.

good luck playing small ball against peak Shaq

Either the Warriors keep the tempo up, and they win.....

OR.

Shaq and Kobe are able to slow the game down, and they win.

These two teams could not have been more different. The Lakers obviously have 2 of the 3 best players on the court, but the Warriors have the shooting and tactical flexibility to make it a close series.

Lakers in 7

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    What?
    We're talking about the 2001 Lakers, not the 2002 battling injuries.
    The 2001 Lakers won like 20 straight games before finally losing to the 76ers in overtime after a long layoff. And it took Iverson's historic playoff game to even upset LA.

They should have been the first team in league history to sweep the competition in every round.

Fact is, Kobe and Shaq were the two best players in the world during those playoffs. They took turns on shitting on their opponents. Kobe took a dump on SA, while Shaq took a dump on the Sixers.

Jordan & Pippen in their PRIME would have gotten slaughtered by 01' Kobe & Shaq. I guess too many of you youngsters just haven't seen the dominance. They swept a pretty darn good Spurs team by an average victory margin of 20 PPG; to this day, it's the highest point differential in league history.

They did this to a 2nd seed Spurs team that won close to 60 games in the regular season I believe.

They would wreck Golden State in 5 games max.
    The Warriors put up a top-10 all time Margin of Victory and SRS. They did that while resting their players, and playing in an extremely tough conference. The only teams in history with higher SRS than last season's Warriors had MJ, Wilt, or Kareem. Let's not just write them off like that. 8 of the top-10 teams in SRS won a championship that season, and one of the teams that lost (71-72 Bucks) had to play another top-10 SRS team (Lakers) in the conference finals that season.

These Warriors are the only team to ever lead the league in both pace AND defensive efficiency. While other All-time-great squads ran their guys in the mid-high 30's in minutes played, Curry led the Warriors with 32.7 MPG
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 10-19-2015 at 11:56 AM.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

It would certainly be entertaining to see if the Warriors would try to go small ball and how successful they would be, but short and simple they are going up against the most dominant playoff team ever, there's a reason they went 15-1 there. As good as the Warriors are, you'd have to give the series edge to the Lakers 9 times out of 10