Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: How many Euroleague teams would legitimately be PLAYOFF teams in the NBA?

zero.

Banned

Default Re: How many Euroleague teams would legitimately be PLAYOFF teams in the NBA?

Absolutely none of them

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    I can't think of any place in Europe where basketball is a real popular or top sport, other than Lithuania, and it's a tiny country.
    It's the top sport in Serbia (7 million) and has always been that in terms of popularity.

As to the main question, I guess that the cream of the crop of the Euroleague would probably make the playoffs, but it's an utterly hypothetic question, since it would involve them playing under durress to say the least (too long flights to the US, NBA rules, etc.).

In absolutely equal conditions, they would probably be more successful. But of course the NBA is a better competition, since all the best European players gravitate towards the NBA and European basketball has been depleeted of top talent in the last 20 years.

Equally hypothetical is the question who would win in a 7-series finals between a top NBA team and a top European national team (say France, Spain, Lithuania or Serbia), Since the USA have like 300 million people and these countries far less, that showdown would be just about right.

Played under FIBA rules, there is absolutely no way the Warriors or the Rockets to dominate an international national team. I would be close and I wouldn't know where to put my money.

But that's all hypothetical.

With a legendary big 3 of Gustavo Ayon, Rudy Fernandez and Andres Nocioni, Real Madrid might challenge the Cavs for top spot in the east.

I can't think of any place in Europe where basketball is a real popular or top sport, other than Lithuania, and it's a tiny country.

However, I don't think basketball is all that popular in the USA as people think it is, in this terminology of NBA.

Basketball is miles and miles away from American football, whether it be NFL, NCAA, high school, and it's not even in the same class as baseball for the majority of the country.

It's less popular than ice hockey in much of the northern US.

And at the youth level, even soccer (European football) is way more popular than basketball.

On top of that, "basketball" is what most people like in the USA, not the NBA.

The NBA is a very distant second place to NCAA basketball in terms of popularity in the USA.

Of course, all of the insane and retarded and totally delusional NBA only fans will claim none of that is true. But that's because they are retarded, delusional, and insane.
    Prove all of those claims, I'm pretty sure the ratings say otherwise. NBA ratings have been better than MLB.

I'll be waiting...

Pathetic lying psycho asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Where are you getting that information from? A simple google search of the "Nielsen ratings" will debunk everything in the bold.

After football (NFL), the NBA is clearly and FACTUALLY second place in terms of most watched.

Don't derail my thread with your incessant trolling, psycho.
    You are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by fandarko
    It's the top sport in Serbia (7 million) and has always been that in terms of popularity.

As to the main question, I guess that the cream of the crop of the Euroleague would probably make the playoffs, but it's an utterly hypothetic question, since it would involve them playing under durress to say the least (too long flights to the US, NBA rules, etc.).

In absolutely equal conditions, they would probably be more successful. But of course the NBA is a better competition, since all the best European players gravitate towards the NBA and European basketball has been depleeted of top talent in the last 20 years.

Equally hypothetical is the question who would win in a 7-series finals between a top NBA team and a top European national team (say France, Spain, Lithuania or Serbia), Since the USA have like 300 million people and these countries far less, that showdown would be just about right.

Played under FIBA rules, there is absolutely no way the Warriors or the Rockets to dominate an international national team. I would be close and I wouldn't know where to put my money.

If the series was played with FIBA refs, no NBA team of history would win a single game, even against the worst selections of Spain and Lithuania.

Spain and Lithuania get the games rigged for them by FIBA refs going on something like 10 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    With a legendary big 3 of Gustavo Ayon, Rudy Fernandez and Andres Nocioni, Real Madrid might challenge the Cavs for top spot in the east.
    Nocioni is nothing more than a very minor bit part role player on Real Madrid.

He is nowhere near to being one of their top 3 players.

He's like a 10th man.

Quote Originally Posted by nba_55
    Prove all of those claims, I'm pretty sure the ratings say otherwise. NBA ratings have been better than MLB.

I'll be waiting...

Pathetic lying psycho asshole.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by fandarko

NBA teams record against Euroleague team 73-15

The cream of the crop of the Euroleague team has scrubs all over their lineup.

Look at when Maccabi won the Euroleague a couple of years ago, it's mostly American rejects who can't make it on NBA teams

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Andres Nocioni won the Euroleague Finals MVP last year and he was getting roll of DNPs with the worst team in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    NBA teams record against Euroleague team 73-15

The cream of the crop of the Euroleague team has scrubs all over their lineup.

Look at when Maccabi won the Euroleague a couple of years ago, it's mostly American rejects who can't make it on NBA teams
    No it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Andres Nocioni won the Euroleague Finals MVP last year and he was getting roll of DNPs with the worst team in the NBA.
    There is no such thing as Euroleague Finals MVP, you ****ing moron. Euroleague does not have a Finals idiot.

And he is the 10th man of their team, both last year, and this year.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    Real Madrid would make the playoffs in the east.

Llull and Rodriguez are both top notch guards, playing against the celtics recently they were clearly the two best players on the floor, and they have a bunch of quality bigs. They're clearly better than the nets last year, and it would probably come down to injuries/luck between themselves and the celtics.
    Who are those bunch of quality bigs?

Ayon , Nocioni

Banned

There is no such thing as Euroleague Finals MVP, you ****ing moron. Euroleague does not have a Finals idiot.

And he is the 10th man of their team, both last year, and this year.
    quit trolling ****ward. He won the final four MVP which is often called the finals MVP. If you don't believe me here's a link to the OFFICIAL EUROLEAGUE web site where if you read through Noccioni's bio you will see it says he was named the 2015 finals MVP. So either the OFFICIAL EUROLEAGUE website doesn't know what it's own awards are called or you are once again making shit up.

http://www.euroleaguebasketball.net/...015#!biography