Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Why are LBJ fans so insecure around MJ fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    You obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

You are a product of Lebron James ball and you embarrass yourself every time you even question the judgement of someone that watched MJ play live.
    Well, I actually started watching basketball 4 years before Lebron ever played a game, and didn't really care much for him at all until 2008 or so.

I'm as much of a product of TMac, Shaq, Kobe, and Duncan as I am Lebron.

I guess I'll never understand a fan who isn't humble in any way. It's weird to me that people pound their chests so hard for things that they literally had zero contribution in doing. I know they identify with it, and that's fine, but still.

That goes for everyone, not just MJ fans. Florida and Auburn fans are fvcking dismal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Better than 1/20. 1 mvp in 20 seasons of basketball
    That's you comeback? PAthetic...

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    Well, I actually started watching basketball 4 years before Lebron ever played a game, and didn't really care much for him at all until 2008 or so.

I'm as much of a product of TMac, Shaq, Kobe, and Duncan as I am Lebron.

I guess I'll never understand a fan who isn't humble in any way. It's weird to me that people pound their chests so hard for things that they literally had zero contribution in doing. I know they identify with it, and that's fine, but still.

That goes for everyone, not just MJ fans. Florida and Auburn fans are fvcking dismal.
    You'll never understand it because you didn't live it. After having lived it, I just can imagine being a fan of basketball without having ever watched MJ play. It's like playing video games like NBA2K16 without knowing what it was like to open up an NES console on Christmas day of 85. How can you truly appreciate a game like NBA2K16 if you didn't experience playing a game like double dribble in it's hay day? Or watching a new transformers movie without having grown up with seeing transformers everywhere in the 80's. How can a Cavs fan appreciate a 2017 victory as much as a Cavs fan who also watched Price and Ehlo get destroyed by MJ? Simply put, they can't.

There are just some things in this world that when experienced by those who didn't experience previous variants of them can't fully appreciate or understand what the hell they are experiencing, and their experience PALES in comparison to someone that did experience versions of it in the past. I'm certainly not saying that these things can't be enjoyed, but the frame of reference is just completely different than someone else who experienced previous variants of it and it definitely was a superior experience in everyday imaginable. Things like watching NBA basketball and playing video games are just a few of these things. I don't know how else to explain it to you.

Alabama fans are worse that Florida and Auburn btw.

NBA lottery pick

You'll never understand it because you didn't live it. After having lived it, I just can imagine being a fan of basketball without having ever watched MJ play. It's like playing video games like NBA2K16 without knowing what it was like to open up an NES console on Christmas day of 85. How can you truly appreciate a game like NBA2K16 if you didn't experience playing a game like double dribble in it's hay day? Or watching a new transformers movie without having grown up with seeing transformers everywhere in the 80's. How can a Cavs fan appreciate a 2017 victory as much as a Cavs fan who also watched Price and Ehlo get destroyed by MJ? Simply put, they can't.

There are just some things in this world that when experienced by those who didn't experience previous variants of them can't fully appreciate or understand what the hell they are experiencing, and their experience PALES in comparison to someone that did experience versions of it in the past. I'm certainly not saying that these things can't be enjoyed, but the frame of reference is just completely different than someone else who experienced previous variants of it and it definitely was a superior experience in everyday imaginable. Things like watching NBA basketball and playing video games are just a few of these things. I don't know how else to explain it to you.

Alabama fans are worse that Florida and Auburn btw.
    This is just utter bullshit. Now I wasn't playing NES in 85, but I remember my first time playing on an atari and then an NES. I recall when I got my SNES. Just like i recall watching MJ.

What you posted is absurd beyond anything I can even begin to type out. Though props on still playing video games into what I'm guessing are your later 30's or 40's. I haven't had a new system high school due to that whole working and college thing took up time and now....well who's got time.

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    This is just utter bullshit. Now I wasn't playing NES in 85, but I remember my first time playing on an atari and then an NES. I recall when I got my SNES. Just like i recall watching MJ.

What you posted is absurd beyond anything I can even begin to type out. Though props on still playing video games into what I'm guessing are your later 30's or 40's. I haven't had a new system high school due to that whole working and college thing took up time and now....well who's got time.
    How is it bullshit?

How can say a Clevelander who just started watching the Cavs play appreciate a victory this year if it happens more so than someone who's watched them lose over and over and over again for decades? There's no way they can. The same thing applies to the other experiences that I referenced.

So yes, when a bran stan on here starts getting into a conversation with someone who watched MJ play, the bran stan's replies just reek with insecurity. It happens so often that it's like I don't even notice it anymore.

Atari was fun, but when that NES came out it was mind blowing. Mario became a household name almost overnight. Me and my friends were like "holy shit! We don't have to go to the arcade to play a perfect replica of Super Mario Bros!!" LOL

Many other systems have come out, and while they were improvements over the previous gen, the step up from atari to NES was unparalleled.

I don't have that much time to play either, so I have to be selective in what I play.

NBA lottery pick

How is it bullshit?

How can say a Clevelander who just started watching the Cavs play appreciate a victory this year if it happens more so than someone who's watched them lose over and over and over again for decades? There's no way they can. The same thing applies to the other experiences that I referenced.

So yes, when a bran stan on here starts getting into a conversation with someone who watched MJ play, the bran stan's replies just reek with insecurity. It happens so often that it's like I don't even notice it anymore.

Atari was fun, but when that NES came out it was mind blowing. Mario became a household name almost overnight. Me and my friends were like "holy shit! We don't have to go to the arcade to play a perfect replica of Super Mario Bros!!" LOL

Many other systems have come out, and while they were improvements over the previous gen, the step up from atari to NES was unparalleled.

I don't have that much time to play either, so I have to be selective in what I play.
    The SNES was a bigger upgrade than atari to nes, but what ever, and the psx was an even bigger step up. The problem is when you're a kid you're an idiot but you don't forget those days and feeling.

It's the same with basketball and sports. Being young makes things better because you're young.

Tolerant Liberals