Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default The problem with immigrants

Is that they do not assimilate to the country's culture they immigrated to.

And it's actually the fault of the country. Take the United States. We don't even have a National Official Language. Combine that with Politically Correct leadership, America's Nationalism and culture does not get enforced on these people who technically came here for a better life.

I'm all for people immigrating to this country legally, but embracing American culture and values. The same goes for any other country out there. Instead, what we find, is complete segregation. Look at the UK and their Muslim-Only zones. And the moment we open our mouths about this problem, we are labeled bigots. But how can this be? How can we allow so many different cultures into countries, and allow them to not assimilate, and just carry on with their own culture and values till it conflicts with regular every day citizens and quite possibly, the law?

Default Re: The problem with immigrants

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

And it's actually the fault of the country. Take the United States. We don't even have a National Official Language. Combine that with Politically Correct leadership, America's Nationalism and culture does not get enforced on these people who technically came here for a better life.
    U.S. does not have a nation

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine

Asians have been coming to the United States for a few hundred years now. If there is a culture that assimilated and made something for themselves here in America, it's the Asians.

They have a stranglehold on the fortune cookie market.

Banned

I'm all for people immigrating to this country legally, but embracing American culture and values. The same goes for any other country out there. Instead, what we find, is complete segregation. Look at the UK and their Muslim-Only zones. And the moment we open our mouths about this problem, we are labeled bigots. But how can this be? How can we allow so many different cultures into countries, and allow them to not assimilate, and just carry on with their own culture and values till it conflicts with regular every day citizens and quite possibly, the law?
    This 1984, Big Brother, simpleton muhphucka.

Give us a rundown of what specific steps immigrants should take to assimilate to 'American Culture'.

None of your usual vague, bumper sticker bullshit. If I'm an immigrant from say, Taiwan and I want to assimilate... guide me step by step on how to do that.

Asians have been coming to the United States for a few hundred years now. If there is a culture that assimilated and made something for themselves here in America, it's the Asians.

How is setting up Chinatowns all over America where only Chinese culture- language, food, etc propagated an example of assimilation? If someone told you that was Shanghai in that picture, how would you know they were bluffing?
    Last edited by DonDadda59; 11-18-2015 at 11:02 AM.

Banned

They do assimilate... But it takes a long long time. I don't think it is smart to bring in such large amounts at once, especially ones with such different values systems and religious beliefs...

Assimilation can be broken down into three types
    1. Anglo- conformity or, in more universal terms, host-conformity--the refugee must become like the native, completely accepting the dominant culture
    2. Melting pot.... A romanticized liberal utopia where every culture wins.... This never happens and is completely unrealistic
    3. Cultural pluralism, the refugee will acculturate to the dominant pattern particularly for politics, play, education and work, but will preserve his communal life and much of his culture.

because they are immigrants. they come and adapt, not assimilate, thats the natural process for human beings. their offspring will naturally be assimilated into the culture. you really are stupid arent you?

how does having a china town an example of assimilation? its actually the opposite. chinatowns were created by immigrants so they can feel a sense of normalcy in a new land. it also provided a cushion for immigrants and their families coming from china to living in the united states.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    because they are immigrants. they come and adapt, not assimilate, thats the natural process for human beings. their offspring will naturally be assimilated into the culture. you really are stupid arent you?

Adapt and assimilate. What's the difference? Learn English. Don't collect handouts.

Weak leaders = weak people.

As long as western countries keep electing weak leaders, western people will be weak.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    how does having a china town an example of assimilation? its actually the opposite. chinatowns were created by immigrants so they can feel a sense of normalcy in a new land. it also provided a cushion for immigrants and their families coming from china to living in the united states.

Chinatowns across the U.S. are a multi-million dollar business. I think they've long assimilated to the American Dream and Capitalism. The mere fact that I can get Rolex knock-offs at half price speaks volumes of their willingness to assimilate.

Banned

Dude, loads of US immigrants work really hard to assimilate, probably more than immigrants in any other country. Be proud you're in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Dude, loads of US immigrants work really hard to assimilate, probably more than immigrants in any other country. Be proud you're in the USA

You're probably right. That's why I mentioned the UK. Trust me, I know myself, and if I lived in the UK right now, I'd be in charge of the EDL.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Western European countries don't promote assimilation. Assimilation is "racist."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Western European countries don't promote assimilation. Assimilation is "racist."
    Yep. Western European countries support changing their own rules and culture so that immigrants feel more at home