Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Bill Burr vs Louis CK

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    I know you're joking but that has nothing to do with it.

BTW, not a big George Lopez fan, I hated his tv shows and his stand up isn't that funny to me.
    Lol. All trolling aside, Louis CK is great. George Lopez however is just awful. He's not remotely funny, and all he does is caricature Mexicans in the most negative way.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Better craftsman and performer - CK
    Funnier - by far Burr, his last 3 specials shts on CKs

CK is overrated and most of his bits have his usual "ohhh im white..............and my kids are @zzholes"

CK isnt that funny TBH, prolly the most overrated comedian with a bunch of comedy snobs for fans. The only people i know that watch/listen to him are white ppl and yes i know about the Mexican thing. He tries too hard to be George Carlin, but never once did I find myself laughing at anything he says nor does he even have a tenth of his skill. His jokes about having white privilege are spot on tho. The average whiteboi wont admit they have it the easiest of every other background. Hes like the Eminem of comedians only white ppl really rate/listen to him, hes one of the most overrated at his discipline and he was good at one point but fell off and has been mediocre for a while

Burr appeals to a wider range of people despite being a pasty white redhead from Boston, is way more diverse/versatile and hes a guy whos podcast freestyles sht on most work by active comedians. the only bad part of his podcasts are when he talks baseball or hockey but even then he makes them entertaining and same with the sponsors he kills it. Burr literally has a bit about everything and his animation is far better, he has better voices/impersonations too. His LADY voice, his feminist and gay voice are fcking hilarious. Burr is hood certified

CK really isnt in his class at all in terms of humor. Hes not on the level of the top white comics like Burr, Stanhope, Stewart Lee etc.
    Louis is nothing like George Carlin

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Louis is nothing like George Carlin
    This. Luis is very PC besides the few jokes he makes about white people because people won't call him out on that. Just talks about *********ing, how guys just care for sex and how he's fat. He's funny tho and I do like his show.

Burr is the one who talks about the sensitive issues, corporations, government conspiracies, NWO, bankers, Monsanto, politics, global warming, etc. Comedians generally stay away those area. Burr is the GOAT tho. The realest comedian out there.

Thats a tough one, Bill Burr made me chuckle somewhat more tho.

What do you guys think of Jim Gaffigan tho? Is he up there with these two? I think he is funny, i can listen to him talk about food / fatness all day & thats exactly what he mostly talks about lol....

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    What do you guys think of Jim Gaffigan tho? Is he up there with these two? I think he is funny, i can listen to him talk about food / fatness all day & thats exactly what he mostly talks about lol....
    Not on the same level at all, but still hilarious.

I like Mike Birbiglia a lot. He has the awkward shtick down pat. My Girlfriend's Boyfriend was a really well design piece of storytelling/stand-up.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    Why do people say Louis is a better performer? I've seen all their specials and nothing hints to that.
    It's a subjective thing.

Bill Burr.

I made a thread earlier this year about how Louie Anderson > Louie CK.

Local High School Star

Louis ck. Better comic. Put him in any situation and he is better. Burr seems to have a limited style. Angry full throttle tempo. Ck can cover more topics and have a more depth. Both are great. Ck is one level up