Moses Malone

Overrated:
    Charles Barkley
    Kevin Garnett
    Tim Duncan
    Blake Griffin
    Hakeem Olajuwon
    Fraud lists

First of all no way in hell Iverson is underrated, probably one of the most overrated player ever. Overrated Barkley? KG and Timmy D? What kind of Crack are you taking?

Default Re: Underrated and Overrated NBA Players

Crawford. Both ways.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Megabox!
    You can add MJ to the list of overrated players. Yes he's the GOAT but reading most of the posts here or on any type of social media you would believe the man never had a bad game in his life.
    a bad game for MJ is most likely better than most average NBA players can achieve

I rule the local playground GoSpursGo1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Bill Russell won like what 9 rings in a row (albeit in a joke of an era)

Tim Ducan has never won b2b, only made b2b finals once in his career and it wasn't a star

spot fuccing on with this though
    He still won 5 Championships so what if they were not back to back? I do not understand this obsession with back to back championships at the end of the day the number of titles does not change wither you won back to back or one now and one 15 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Nice try at a deflection, but it's the same laundry different pile. I see your schtick and it's to try and emphasize the idea by claiming to be a fan of the opposite. Like those posters who say " Brady is the greatest, and I'm a Manning fan!"
    You support that idea. It doesn't matter if you dislike the person or not.
    Are you saying that I'm pretending to not be a fan of MJ when I am? Am I hearing you right? Hard to tell sometimes with the internet. If so, you couldn't be more wrong on who I'm a fan of - I've got thousands of posts on Spurs topics to prove it.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Some Rafa fans say that Nadal is the GOAT because of his head-to-head vs Fed - that Fed can't be GOAT because of the matchup record, but if you look at Fed's body of work - nobody compares to it. Same with Gretzsky. I would add that it's the same with MJ. Look, nobody's got a perfect record/career - everyone's got holes. Looking at the usual suspects, is there anyone whose career stacks up against MJ's? When you look at individual stats, team accomplishments, peak, records, etc. - I don't see anyone.

I also feel that beyond the accomplishments, MJ had that mental edge that no one (I've seen since 1977) had. Not Federer, Borg, Sampras, Gretzky, Magic, Bird, Lebron. The closest I've seen is probably Usain Bolt (no knock against my fellow Jamaican) but what a cocky character - not that he doesn't back it up.

Anyway, my ORIGINAL point to the poster I quoted was that it's not just the Jordan fan base (of which I am definitely not one of) that thinks MJ is so great.
    Sampras was kind of crazy, some of his match wins are absolutley unreal, 95 AO vs Jim, 96 USO QF Corretja, Davis Cup vs Chesnokov, 2000 Wimby....he was so pissed at fed winning so much in 2000s that he even contemplated a come back...greatest tennis player by miles though, fed is lucky he Pete never got a rematch for his Wimby loss when he was still playing.

Also, Carl Lewis was kind of crazy, his golds in 92 & 96 are unbelievable.

Gatlin is a fukking beta though.

Are you saying that I'm pretending to not be a fan of MJ when I am? Am I hearing you right? Hard to tell sometimes with the internet. If so, you couldn't be more wrong on who I'm a fan of - I've got thousands of posts on Spurs topics to prove it.
    Are you trying to insinuate that because you're not from Chicago that makes you automatically not a Jordan fan? That is a pretty narrow statement considering all the Jordan stans all over North America. You realize you are allowed to be a fan of both right? In any case I was not implying you are not a Spurs fan.
    What I was implying is that saying your not a fan to emphasize your point about Jordan is a transparent tactic.
    Last edited by hateraid; 09-02-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Iverson is disgustingly underrated by the stat nerds that roam the basketball internetz today
    He is overrated in some ways and underrated in others.

Overrated as a player, no player should ever lead a team shooting sub .400, no excuses, that is horrible.

Underrated for potential. The guy could have been GOAT point guard had he focused on his playmaking and running the break. Such a damn shame he went full chuck mode. When he passed the ball and played smart he was a much better player.

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bawkish
    a bad game for MJ is most likely better than most average NBA players can achieve
    Same thing can be said for any all time great player honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Are you trying to insinuate that because you're not from Chicago that makes you automatically not a Jordan fan? That is a pretty narrow statement considering all the Jordan stans all over North America. You realize you are allowed to be a fan of both right? In any case I was not implying you are not a Spurs fan.
    What I was implying is that saying your not a fan to emphasize your point about Jordan is a transparent tactic.
    I'm not insinuating anything especially since I'm a Spurs fan who lives in Miami. I repeat - I'm not a MJ fan, never have been, never will be - but I know what I lived through/watched and as you can see by the endorsement money he still makes, MJ has left an imprint on the NBA like no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Underrated: Kobe
    Overrated: Lebron

Overated: Lebaldo and CP0

Underrated: Durant and Pippen

I'm not insinuating anything especially since I'm a Spurs fan who lives in Miami. I repeat - I'm not a MJ fan, never have been, never will be - but I know what I lived through/watched and as you can see by the endorsement money he still makes, MJ has left an imprint on the NBA like no one else.
    I'm going to break it down for you since you seem to not be grasping what I'm trying to say and are going in circles. There are TWO distinctly separate points here that I'm trying to clarify.

1- Your comment is geared towards saying since your a Spurs fan that makes you not a Jordan fan. The point I was trying take is that being a fan of another player/team does not make you exclusively a Jordan hater. Capiche? I'm from Philly. We have more reason to hate Jordan than Spurs fans and there are plenty of Jordan stans here. So you statement is pretty much a myth
    On to point 2, so get point 1 out the way
    2- Saying things like "so and so is GOAT, and I'm not even a fan of so and so" is something people say to try and sound impactful but is very transparent. I think Magic is GOAT, and I'm from Philly. See what I did there? Just because you're not a fan does not mean we have to take your word for it.