Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star MoBe1Kanobi's Avatar

Default Re: How much seprarated 2006-2008 Kobe and 2012-2014 LeBron? (peak play)

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyPls
    What a compelling counter argument dumbass

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Default Re: How much seprarated 2006-2008 Kobe and 2012-2014 LeBron? (peak play)

Quote Originally Posted by MoBe1Kanobi
    Kobe at his peak just played EXACTLY LIKE MICHAEL JORDAN

LeBron at his peak plays like blake griffin with better handles and lamar odom level passing ability (very good) but still inconsistent jumper and unreliable in the 4th

Who gives af what the stats say

Stats are a quick summary of the game to try to explain what happened to people who didnt see the game

Stats are NOT the game

Not at all

Watch the game

If you think prime kob is worse than prime bron than u think prime bron is better than prime jordan

That simple
    State a fact in that rambling Kobe worship, and it might justify more than an emoji.

Local High School Star MoBe1Kanobi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyPls
    State a fact in that rambling Kobe worship, and it might justify more than an emoji.
    State anything

A string of consecutive words perhaps that create a counter claim to my statement thus proving that your brain is actually capable of forming an analysis and but until then.. the aforementioned title of "dumbass" still stands

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoBe1Kanobi
    State anything

A string of consecutive words perhaps that create a counter claim to my statement thus proving that your brain is actually capable of forming an analysis and but until then.. the aforementioned title of "dumbass" still stands

Still waiting for something remotely objective my good man. Kobe is a beast, one of the 10 greatest players ever (and currently, one or two spots higher on the proverbial all-time list than Bron, based on career/longevity/team accolades/winning), so I do give Mamba his props.

However, I have watched both extensively, and in my opinion, Lebron from 2012-2014, is the second best player I have ever watched other than MJ. I don't think Kobe ever quite got there, although Kobe was incredible. Bron is my favorite player ever, so I am biased, but I believe at his best, he is marginally better than Kobe at his best, all things considered. I will spare you the stats, since you apparently don't value such criteria very highly, but on eye test alone, I thing Bron's ceiling, at his peak is higher then Kobe's peak (not by a huge amount but still better), and he reached a level of individual play that Kobe couldn't quite accomplish.

A lot.
    Because LeBron was making finals year by year winning 2 titles in that span while Kobe was getting bounced in first rounds chucking away. (Except for 2008)

While playing better defense, being a better playmaker, better rebounder, and was much more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    well.. I believe that that extreme effeiency was the result of great momentum being built on the account of no counter strike being leveled against them.. thats what i saw and what the contextual numbers bare out.

You can disagree I'm not saying you're wrong or anything
    Such a stupid thing to say.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Take the opinion of a n!gga tryna sell a book claiming Kobe is uncoachable while getting caried by Kobe to 2 extra titles?

Nah, I take what I seen on the court
    This is just pure Bias

and Kobe's on ball defense was far greater than Wade's...Wade just had more athletic steals. I take my actual view of a player that I've watched in every game over yours, aswell as the views of actual NBA COACHES THROUGHOUT THE NBA, not just 1 butthurt coach tryna make a sell.
    Kobe's On-Ball Defense wasn't far greater than Wade's in any of those years and I'd even argue Wade's Man Defense was better. Wade was a terror defensively. He altered shots, strips, deflections. How did Wade finish 3rd in DPOY Voting yet Kobe was on 1st Team in '09? How was Wade 7th in DPOY Voting(Highest Among all Guards) in '10 but Kobe was on 1st Team? Please justify that

I think you upset because Kobe did this to your boy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHGleTaT2x4

Get over it.
    You pulled up 1 Possession where Kobe shut down Wade? As if I'm "mad" at that

I think you're mad Wade did this to your boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJTru6GhyyQ

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    I've got your ass on a leash. You're my puppet. Dance puppet dance!
    With that logic, kobe got you dick whipped since you're staying up all night looking on ANY news on kobe just to bash him.....LOL

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    \
    Kobe's On-Ball Defense wasn't far greater than Wade's in any of those years and I'd even argue Wade's Man Defense was better. Wade was a terror defensively. He altered shots, strips, deflections. How did Wade finish 3rd in DPOY Voting yet Kobe was on 1st Team in '09? How was Wade 7th in DPOY Voting(Highest Among all Guards) in '10 but Kobe was on 1st Team? Please justify that
    2011 Wade was definitely better, but in 09/10 it's arguable. I would say Kobe had the edge in man D but Wade had the edge in help D.

Those DPOY placements don't really mean much considering that neither Kobe nor Wade were seriously considered. I mean in 2009, Dwight had 105/120 first place votes, Lebron had 4, and Wade had 3. Kobe had 2. In 2010, Dwight had 110/120 first place votes. Wade tied for 10th with 13 points and Kobe was just under him with 9 points (12th). The placings for DPOY are pretty irrelevant since there's barely any separation. Dwight ran away with the award both years anyway. It's the same thing in 2002. Kobe was technically 3rd behind Ben Wallace and KG, but Wallace had 116/120 first place votes.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Wade fans stop bitching about Kobe "taking Wade's spot on the all defensive teams"

there are 2 spots for guards.. Kobe isn't taking both..

Raja Bell, Kirk Hinrich, Chauncey Billups & J Kidd were making all defensive teams over Wade in his prime..

so bitch about that..

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    A lot.
    Because LeBron was making finals year by year winning 2 titles in that span while Kobe was getting bounced in first rounds chucking away. (Except for 2008)

While playing better defense, being a better playmaker, better rebounder, and was much more efficient.
    because bran playing with his super teams while Kobe played with Kwame and Smush doesn't make a difference in their playoff results

Kobe averaged 28ppg on 50% in the 06 playoffs, including 34ppg on 57% the last 3 games.. in 07 he put up 33ppg on 46%..

Different tier.. 2006 Bron is comparable to 2006 Kobe, 2012-2014 is another discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Different tier.. 2006 Bron is comparable to 2006 Kobe, 2012-2014 is another discussion.
    A different tier all-together? lol. If we're speaking about team achievements, sure, but actual play and impact on the court?

Like I asked another poster, if LeBron from 2012-2014 were THE best player today, where is 2006-2008 Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    because bran playing with his super teams while Kobe played with Kwame and Smush doesn't make a difference in their playoff results

Kobe averaged 28ppg on 50% in the 06 playoffs, including 34ppg on 57% the last 3 games.. in 07 he put up 33ppg on 46%..
    Vs a defensive Jaggernaut in Phoenix

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Kobe is better and the stans are getting shook