Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Traffic deaths jump 14% in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Self driving cars will happen...in like 30 years

In the mean time we gotta do something to keep idiots off their phones
    For sure, but prototypes are already on the road. I think they'll be available to the public soon, 2025 at the latest

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Self driving cars will happen...in like 30 years

In the mean time we gotta do something to keep idiots off their phones
    They're actually a lot closer than this. All car manufacturers should have a self driving car by 2020.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer[B
    ]I guess it's the universes way of enforcing natural selection.[/B]. Don't want to sound like a dick but is that text all that interesting that you must look at it that instance instead of waiting 10minutes?!?

People are way too caught up with this social media/pop/celebrity culture(and I know this on the surface has no connection with texting while driving)
    Yeah but half the time the casualty is the other person, who was doing nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    I do it all the time.

The way I see it, ive had my license for 11 years and never been in a wreck. Several speeding tickets, but no wrecks.

Therefore, if i happen to get in a wreck looking down at my phone, im still a better driver than just about everybody I know.
    is this a bait post?

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    is this a bait post?
    No. UK2k literally thinks he's the greatest person in the world. And then proceeds to rant about how others are narcissistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    is this a bait post?
    No.

Just saying I drive while texting.

I'm doing it now.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    No. UK2k literally thinks he's the greatest person in the world. And then proceeds to rant about how others are narcissistic.
    Nah I have plenty of faults. Because I am superior to you doesn't mean you have to hate me for it.

I also didn't say i condone it either.

If i get a ticket for driving and using my cell phone, i wont bitch about it.
    Last edited by UK2K; 08-17-2015 at 07:13 PM.

the funny thing is people like him think you're just putting your own life in danger. if it was that i'd be like "okay do it natural selection"
    but it's not. you are putting other's lives in danger because you can't wait to text at ****ing home. you're a ****ing prick

Banned

I'm currently typing this post while driving

live.love.tsk

I'm currently typing this drive while posting

Nah I have plenty of faults. Because I am superior to you doesn't mean you have to hate me for it.

I also didn't say i condone it either.

If i get a ticket for driving and using my cell phone, i wont bitch about it.
    To gloat about texting and driving is like gloating about driving drunk. You're alive with no incident so far? Great, who cares, texting and driving is like playing Russian roulette with a cartridge that has several-hundred empty slots. Only the gun isn't just pointed at your head it's also pointed at the heads of others who cross paths with you on the road. Texting and driving doesn't cause accidents in everyone who does it. But it ramps up the odds a great deal, as evidenced by disproprtionately rising traffic deaths in this cell phone using generation. And no it isn't your skill with your phone or driving habits or some bullshit like your narcissistic mind is thinking. You divert momentary attention to your phone, something happens in front of you, you won't see it or have time to react quickly. Period.

I get the temptation to look at your phone while driving, but I don't get why people don't get a dock that attaches to the windshield or above the dashboard. At least then you'd have your peripherals. It makes no sense to take your eyes completely off the road no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    To gloat about texting and driving is like gloating about driving drunk. You're alive with no incident so far? Great, who cares, texting and driving is like playing Russian roulette with a cartridge that has several-hundred empty slots. Only the gun isn't just pointed at your head it's also pointed at the heads of others who cross paths with you on the road. Texting and driving doesn't cause accidents in everyone who does it. But it ramps up the odds a great deal, as evidenced by disproprtionately rising traffic deaths in this cell phone using generation. And no it isn't your skill with your phone or driving habits or some bullshit like your narcissistic mind is thinking. You divert momentary attention to your phone, something happens in front of you, you won't see it or have time to react quickly. Period.
    And people have licenses who probably couldn't pass a drivers test.

I don't pretend I'm impervious to harm. I accept the risks.
    People are distracted by things on the road all the time. Putting on makeup, lighting cigarettes, yelling at kids. It happens.

I'm not gloating at all. Just pointing out a fact.

People are distracted by things on the road all the time. Putting on makeup, lighting cigarettes, yelling at kids. It happens.

you missed the point again. this isn't just about you.

Your take on this is that of a person who values only themselves. So you see other people doing distracting things on the road? Who cares, two wrongs don't make a right. You are acting like you doing risky shit that puts other people in harms way is considered acceptable merely because you've seen other people act the same way. Are you a man? Or or are you a boy? Your pictures you posted looked like a man but this opinion you've given mirrors that of a child.

If you understand the risk of texting and driving be a man and stop. Did you or would you take unnecessary and preventable risks that put both you and your fellow soldiers lives in danger when you were serving in the military merely because you saw others act equally careless? I would expect more responsible behavior from a person who served time in the military.