One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Which team will reach relevancy quicker? Rank them with an explanation.

Knicks?
    76ers?
    TWolves?
    Lakers?

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: Which team will reach relevancy quicker? Rank them with an explanation.

lakers, the team is loaded with young talent. Upshaw, Kelley, Russell, Clarkson, Randle

Default Re: Which team will reach relevancy quicker? Rank them with an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Knicks?
    76ers?
    TWolves?
    Lakers?
    Twolves
    Lakers
    76ers

Knicks

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Twolves
    Lakers
    76ers

Knicks
    saving you a neg

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

TWolves
    Sixers
    Lakers
    Knicks

The Wolves roster just needs a little time in my opinion. The Sixers roster is a mess, but they still have a ton of assets and could use some of them to catch lightning in a bottle. The Lakers have a nice start, but the fit isn't as good as the Wolves, and they still don't quite have the upside of the Sixers in terms of more longterm assets. But if Russell is the real deal it would really speed things along. They also have to move on from Kobe without stunting the kids. I like Porzingas as a piece, but the Knicks are just getting started. And Melo coming off knee surgery and with what he's owed is going to be complicated.

College superstar

Two separate rankings...

Which will be competitive first?
    Knicks -- Only team with a legit superstar player. The other 3 teams wish they had a player like Melo; they all hope that one of their young studs turns in to someone as valuable as he.

Wolves -- I really like their young pieces and how they fit.

Sixers -- They have, arguably, the best assets of these four teams. The Lakers may be a better team, straight up, than the Sixers, but Lakers are in the WC, and don't have the future assets, with which the Sixers could improve drastically and quickly. That "liquidable asset" thing is the only reason Sixers are ahead of Lakers.

Lakers -- I don't believe that Kobe will ever be back to all-star caliber (that's not to say he won't make a team based on popularity/name), and that roster without Kobe is not that great. I like Clarkson/Randle/Russell as a trio, but all 3 are worse than the Sixers trio of Okafor/Noel/Embiid (if he ever plays).

Which team has the brightest future?
    Sixers -- Not many bad NBA teams actually have a long-term plan, much less one that they have been executing. I fully expect the Sixers plan to pay off very shortly. I see either a player (Okafor?) turning into a bonafide superstar, or I see a pretty massive trade (think Houston for Harden) that pays off.

Wolves -- I think they lucked in to their current, excellent situation. Wiggins, KAT, and Dieng are arguably better and more valuable than the 3 best players for Philly, but the difference is, again, that I feel like Minnesota lucked in to it, whereas Philly has a plan. When thinking of a future, I'll take a plan over luck. Speaking of...

Knicks -- If they had even just their own picks in the upcoming years (much less other picks, too, like Philly!), they'd be first on my list. Again with the plan, but NYK/Jackson seem to have a long term plan, and a Plan B. I can't emphasize enough how much I enjoyed this Knicks offseason. They swung, and missed, for every major FA. Any other FO would have panicked. But instead, the Knicks went out and made some solid, albeit low-impact, signings. I really, really liked that "lack of panic" after their failed plan. They have the plan, they have the presence of mind... they just lack the assets.

Lakers -- They have more assets than the Knicks, but they have no plan beyond "sign the best FA possible". That strategy has kept the Lakers relevant for my entire time watching the NBA, so I can't knock it too much... but I've seen little else from the FO that makes me feel confident in their ability to execute the plan or to maintain their composure if it doesn't go so well.

1. Twolves- Wiggins the type of player that will be able to drag 4 scrubs to the playoffs in a few years and they already have a few decent pieces around him.

2. Lakers- Still probably the favorite destination for most players because of combination of team history, endorsement potential and location. Once Kobe is gone they are almost inevitably going to get better.

3. Knicks- Sort of a toss up between them and Sixers because of lack of talent but the edge goes to Knicks because of the allure of NYC lifestyle and Melo has proven he is good at what he can do, score.

Banned

Where are the Suns? Jazz? Kings? Magic? Etc?

1. Lakers - usually attracts top free agents, marquee market, good crop of current youngsters. Mitch is pretty solid despite a stupid owner.

2. Knicks - all of the above, minus the good crop of current youngsters. Jury's out on Phil.

3. Sixers - good youngsters with size, one good move away from acquiring some good guards.

4. Wolves - always has young talent but never uses it well. Needs a change of leadership big time.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    lakers, the team is loaded with young talent. Upshaw, Kelley, Russell, Clarkson, Randle

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lensanity
    Where are the Suns? Jazz? Kings? Magic? Etc?
    why should these teams be in the poll?