Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Brandon Bass on Kobe: "he's arguably the best player in the game still"

Id LOVE to hear that argument

Default Re: Brandon Bass on Kobe: "he's arguably the best player in the game still"

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    Id LOVE to hear that argument
    I'd love to hear an argument for him being top 50 atm.

Kobe is a legend, but he's done.

My burger was cold 20Four. Your bitchass needs to give me a full refund. Get off the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    My burger was cold 20Four. Your bitchass needs to give me a full refund. Get off the internet.
    How were the fries, though?

He was legit one of the worst players in the league last year. It was sad watching him at times. Hope he comes back strong with no major injury and has a solid season but it's hard for me to see that happening. His mentality/stubbornness and age won't allow it.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    He was legit one of the worst players in the league last year. It was sad watching him at times. Hope he comes back strong with no major injury and has a solid season but it's hard for me to see that happening. His mentality/stubbornness and age won't allow it.
    the worst player in the league last year put up 19 points and 17 assist in his last game

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear

And you wonder why your 50 years old, fat, virgin with no life...you eat McDonald's everyday wtf

Is this a serious post?

A guy that averaged ~24/6/6 on Wizards MJ efficiency is FAR from one of the "worst players" in the league.

Here are his games vs this past seasons NBA finalists:
    19pts and 17ast vs Cavs
    44/5/4 in 3 quarters vs Dubs

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    How were the fries, though?
    Terrible. It's like they didn't even salt them.

I'll be talking to your manager 20Four.

College superstar

Brandon Bass? Kobe stan.....

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    People who say that are honestly just trolling..

mentally he may still be the strongest but Lebron, Curry, Durant.. all these newer generation people should have his number by now.. just frankly speaking
    Why is Kobe mentally tougher than those players? Because he makes mean faces?

I've never witnessed anything in particular that makes Kobe more mentally tough than most. What is it that he does? How does one measure mental toughness?

If anything, Durant and Curry have shown they are more mentally tough than both Bron and Kobe. When rattled for a moment, they come back, and still play good basketball. Curry gets locked up for a few games, still puts up a great finals. Same with Durant when he got locked up. Bron gets shook out of a game, plays like trash, way below his standards in a final. Same with Kobe on several occasions.

So Durant and Curry>Bron and Kobe, if we actually have any metric to go by. Unless you have a better explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Is this a serious post?

A guy that averaged ~24/6/6 on Wizards MJ efficiency is FAR from one of the "worst players" in the league.

Here are his games vs this past seasons NBA finalists:
    19pts and 17ast vs Cavs
    44/5/4 in 3 quarters vs Dubs
    His efficiency was horrific. 47.7 TS% - 96 ORtg (both waaay below league average). He was literally using more possessions than scoring points, that's detrimental to ANY team in ANY era. That's just offense, his defense was also terrible.

He was a negative on both ends. Overall, the Lakers were -11.8 with him on the court.

You can't just look at a bunch of highlights. For every one of those great performances, there were 4-5 horrible ones.

His efficiency was horrific. 47.7 TS% - 96 ORtg (both waaay below league average). He was literally using more possessions than scoring points, that's detrimental to ANY team in ANY era. That's just offense, his defense was also terrible.

He was a negative on both ends. Overall, the Lakers were -11.8 with him on the court.

You can't just look at a bunch of highlights. For every one of those great performances, there were 4-5 horrible ones.
    First of all, ORTG is a team stat. Same as the +/- stuff.

His averages are no worse than MJ during his Wizards years, and nobody thought dude was one of the worst players in the league. Was Kobe inefficient and a terrible defender? Yeah obviously - but ranking him with some of the worst players, including scrubs that hardly see PT, is crazy talk.

Those are full game edits, BTW. Kobe had a decent year offensively if we consider the injuries he's had to overcome.

If he's playing the Raptors every night, sure.

Even Droid isn't dumb enough to post in this thread to back Bass up on that quote.