Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Default Re: D'Angelo's father arrested

And this is what is wrong with lowering the age requirement. These young athletes don't know how to handle money at all.

Say Russell became a BUST and can barely stay in the league. The money he is spending will not last nor will he have a single dime the minute he is out of the league. A Maserati before he earned his first NBA pay check? He better hope Nike keeps rolling him some dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz
    And this is what is wrong with lowering the age requirement. These young athletes don't know how to handle money at all.

Say Russell became a BUST and can barely stay in the league. The money he is spending will not last nor will he have a single dime the minute he is out of the league. A Maserati before he earned his first NBA pay check? He better hope Nike keeps rolling him some dollars.
    A maserati isn't that crazy or extravagant of a purchase, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    wait how the hell did his dad already get a maserati?
    Debt is a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    Im sure he has good lawyers. Improper search, thus evidence is tainted, charges dropped.
    Regardless, the guy is an asshole.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    What's a new maserati worth? Like 150k? Not that crazy I'm sure he has people offering him loans.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    ummm.... Yes it is, especially if you have even earned your first pay check.

He is probably going to be earning 4.5 - 5.5 million on his first year. 20-30% goes to state and federal taxes and 4%-10% goes to his agent.

Lets just say he earns $4,500,000 minus 10% agent commission minus 30% taxes = $4,500,000 - ($450,000.00 + 1,350,000) = $2,700,000.00

30% is generous income deduction rate as it is.

He buys a Maserati for $250,000.00 and that is approx 10% of his first year salary already. I say that is a unreasonable expense considering he hasnt even earned a pay cheque yet.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    What's a new maserati worth? Like 150k? Not that crazy I'm sure he has people offering him loans.

150K is probably the lowest model they have to offer.

NBA Legend

He is probably going to be earning 4.5 - 5.5 million on his first year. 20-30% goes to state and federal taxes and 4%-10% goes to his agent.
    More like 40-50% in California.

But obviously if his Dad is that selfish and retarded to have his son buy him that at this point, then drive around with codeine not wearin a belt at 40 years old, who would have ever taught DAngelo sensible money management? His dad is a straight loser.

Feel bad for Russell. Its probably in his own interest to disown this clown but obviously easier said than done when its your own family.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 08-05-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    More like 40-50% in California

To be more precise...

Based on $4,500,000.00 Annual income paid out on a bi-weekly payment looks like this in California:

Bi-weekly Gross Pay $173,076.92

Federal Withholding $66,825.32
    Social Security $7,347.00
    Medicare $2,509.62
    California $24,308.50
    SDI $939.40

Net Pay $71,147.08 which equals to

1.85 Million before he even cuts a piece of pie for his agent.

College star

Lets just say he earns $4,500,000 minus 10% agent commission minus 30% taxes = $4,500,000 - ($450,000.00 + 1,350,000) = $2,700,000.00

He buys a Maserati for $250,000.00 and that is approx 10% of his first year salary already. I say that is a unreasonable expense considering he hasnt even earned a pay cheque yet.
    Hey dumbass, rarely is a brand new car bought with cash. Average household income in the US is what, 60k, a new civic is 25k, OMG how can any american afford a civic when its 40% of their income!!!

High end vehicles are generally leased. That thing is probably 1.5k/month.

NBA Legend

To be more precise...

Based on $4,500,000.00 Annual income paid out on a bi-weekly payment looks like this in California:

Bi-weekly Gross Pay $173,076.92

Federal Withholding $66,825.32
    Social Security $7,347.00
    Medicare $2,509.62
    California $24,308.50
    SDI $939.40

Net Pay $71,147.08

Cali got a lot of prisoners who need (and deserve) to be treated like royalty.

Lot of unions whose part-time employees' pensions need padding.

Lot of illegal's kids to support in those school systems.

California

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile

Cali got a lot of prisoners who need (and deserve) to be treated like royalty.

Lot of unions whose part-time employees' pensions need padding.

Lot of illegal's kids to support in those school systems.

California
    Most prisons are private contracted to the government. they just price fix and charge the government a shitload. Those owners are the ones that profit, thats why jails have shit food and conditions (in terms of actual rehab, security etc.) while costing the US a ridiculous amount of tax dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by BigNBAfan
    Hey dumbass, rarely is a brand new car bought with cash. Average household income in the US is what, 60k, a new civic is 25k, OMG how can any american afford a civic when its 40% of their income!!!

High end vehicles are generally leased. That thing is probably 1.5k/month.

Not arguing that fact except you calling me a dumbass.

My point of my original post was that these young guys don't know how to handle money. And someone stating the fact that a Maserati is not an expensive investment for his dad. I am just saying it is and there is an alarming rate for young guys in the NBA that ends up broke after their playing days.

College star

Not arguing that fact except you calling me a dumbass.

My point of my original post was that these young guys don't know how to handle money. And someone stating the fact that a Maserati is not an expensive investment for his dad. I am just saying it is and there is an alarming rate for young guys in the NBA that ends up broke after their playing days.
    my apologizes, i overreacted but if you look back at your posts you seem to argue he or his father can't afford a vehicle of such caliber when anyone earning 100k annually can. The maserati's start at 100k btw.

You really think he just dropped $250,000 (it likely wasn't that expensive) in cash/check up front for the car? Of course not...he likely put a down payment, thus he wouldn't be spending NEAR 10 percent of his 1st year salary.

You're also conveniently forgetting that Russell just signed a deal with Nike as well.

Once again, NOT an extremely extravagant nor expensive gift considering the circumstances.
    Last edited by LoneyROY7; 08-05-2015 at 07:46 PM.