Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Would you rather live in Brazil the rest of your life...

as a millionaire or would you rather continue as you are in the US?

Two options, you get a mansion on a beachfront in Rio, a new Ferrari and 75 million bucks but you have to live in Brasil the rest of your life. You can take friends and family with you but you can never go back, not even to visit the US. You can visit any other country, just not the US. That means you'd have to forget everything you know about American life and now you have to learn Portuguese

or...you continue as you are...

What say you?

I chose Brazil just randomly so if any Brazilians get butthurt, I'm not implying your country sucks in any way, shape or form.

Banned

Default Re: Would you rather live in Brazil the rest of your life...

That's a tough one because I always said winning or given that huge amount of money is a curse. Then again, you are not home, so you don't have people begging you for money like friends and family.

You are starting over in a new country so it may be hard to trust people since they know you are rich.

On that note, tell the flight attendant I need two pillows and keep the champagne coming.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    That's a tough one because I always said winning or given that huge amount of money is a curse. Then again, you are not home, so you don't have people begging you for money like friends and family.

You are starting over in a new country so it may be hard to trust people since they know you are rich.

On that note, tell the flight attendant I need two pillows and keep the champagne coming.
    I hear you, pretty tough choice...

NOT!!!

what a tough choice lol

Very good NBA starter

i visited brazil in 2012. it is not what you think it is. the beaches of rio de janeiro are actually filled with ghetto and obese women who look nothing like those victoria's secret models. a lot of them need to hit the treadmill. it kinda shattered a lot of fantasies. and when you walk down copacabana or ipanema at night, it's not very serene nor safe. a lot of tourists get robbed, and we got warnings and recommendations by the hotel to not walk to many places. and half of rio is are favelas, or slums with very high levels of crime. unemployment is also ridiculous, and their inflation is pretty absurd too.

I'll be a millionaire soon so here

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    i visited brazil in 2012. it is not what you think it is. the beaches of rio de janeiro are actually filled with ghetto and obese women who look nothing like those victoria's secret models. a lot of them need to hit the treadmill. it kinda shattered a lot of fantasies. and when you walk down copacabana or ipanema at night, it's not very serene nor safe. a lot of tourists get robbed, and we got warnings and recommendations by the hotel to not walk to many places. and half of rio is are favelas, or slums with very high levels of crime. unemployment is also ridiculous, and their inflation is pretty absurd too.
    With the 75 million your house can always be stockpiled with victoria secret models

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    With the 75 million your house can always be stockpiled with victoria secret models
    you have a point

Local High School Star

murica > 75 mil

[COLOR="White"]sike![/COLOR]

College star

If I didn't care about family and friends, only about myself, I would do it. But I wouldn't be happy if I couldn't see them, and honestly, I don't want to be a rich guy taking all his close friends and family to his place in a remote country and make them dependent on me. No option. I'm pretty sure no one would be happy. I'll be able to live a more than decent life in my homecountry, and so will all my friends and family, so no, thanks.

I'd fly my family and closest friends down, although I don't imagine they would wanna live there. Maybe my closest friends would, being that I am getting them a nice home too or they can live in my mansion rent free. I'd make sure I had a nice bball court + pool + security. I don't know if being that rich down there makes you a target, but I just read TMZ's athletes getting robbed link

I could still follow sports, and I don't know what time zone it is but I don't think it would be that far off from Eastern Time Zone. Sign me up

Sure, Brazil will be my "home" but I will be busy visiting the rest of the world.

I'll spend the money buying properties in Singapore/Canada/Australia/Europe/etc. Will live off the rent and only live in Brazil a week out of a year. Retiring in England or Australia don't sound that bad.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Brazil. I haven't met a single dude who wasn't in their 20s and said visiting there wasn't fun. I had friends go during the World Cup in Rio de Janeiro and said the nightlife was off the hook crazy although they were certain streets and areas that they were told to not even dare go through. Apparently cab drivers rip you off a ton there too. Similar thing in Istanbul when I was there. Didn't happen to me but the hotel I stayed at said to beware of the meter and said it should never exceed so and so amount if you're only driving for 15-20 minutes.

For the purpose of this thread, I would choose Brazil because I've met some South American/Latina girls in high school who were from countries like Brazil and they were mostly dimes. Although I would admit a lot of them acted pretty ghetto.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

man.... i'd definitely miss american girls. that is until i realized i can go to dubai with a suitcase full of money, and fly out C-level celebrities to fck them