Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Lol you are joking right? The gunplay and ai was terrible in tlou.
    It really wasn't. It was fantastic.
    Last edited by Heavincent; 10-17-2015 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    hey west-side

look at ign's new top 100

mgs 3 #25
    mgs #41

uncharted 2 #47
    the last of us #48

TLoU being so low is criminal. What it did for storytelling in video games cannot be understated.

It's the GOAT.

Banned

Halo 1 and 2 are the GOATs

Like Jordan in his prime

They tick all the boxes

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    IGN is kind of a joke though. Not exactly gospel.
    well, they are the biggest, most popular site in gaming reviews. and ign ratings and critic reviews were all west-side used to prove his point earlier.

Banned

TLoU being so low is criminal. What it did for storytelling in video games cannot be understated.

It's the GOAT.
    i can see why some might love it, but i think it's a bit overrated. story doesn't do as much for me as others.

and we both know who the king of stealth is ;)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    Halo 1 and 2 are the GOATs

Like Jordan in his prime

They tick all the boxes
    played the first mission of halo pc yesterday.

shit's basic af

i can see why some might love it, but i think it's a bit overrated. story doesn't do as much for me as others.

I didn't know you were a Splinter Cell fan.

Banned

Halo 1 and Halo 2

Gamechangers.

National High School Star

Can we please get this thread back on track as the count down for the new uncharted, slash Uncharted/Naughty Dog discussion.

Not for you guys to have your pissy little whinge fest which has been done to absolute death.

Halo 1/2 as the goat? puh-leese, its not even intelligent debate, just bloody trolling. If we are going off topic, at least be intelligent.

PS. IGN might be one of the most popular gaming sites, but their scores are shit. Look at other popular stuff that is shit: Iphone, beats by dre & justin bieber. Just cause it's popular doesn't mean they have a clue as the general public is filled with idiots like GIFREACTION

Banned

It's easily one of the most over rated games of all time, has some major issues and the story is just a flat out mish mash of existing stories. Nothing is original or ground breaking except for the acting and production values. It's a great game don't get me wrong and I enjoyed it, but it's just infuriating when fan boys won't admit it's flaws. Then they turn around and say anyone who doesn't like it is an xbox fanboy and can't accept that other people value different aspects of games (game play is important regardless of how pretty a game is) and didn't enjoy something as much as they did.

Halo 2 is over rated as **** too, the single player campaign was a huge let down but again xbox fan boys won't admit it's flaws. The only halo game that was truly a great game was the first one.

Back on topic I'm really glad they did this uncharted collection, it's great value and a really good lead up to uc4. People are complaining about the re-releases this generation but if you don't like them don't buy them, so far I've enjoyed the ones I've bought. I hope they do a mass effect collection as well and I'm disappointed that microsoft's gears remake is only the first game.

Did other people see the UC4 demo from a few weeks back where they slipped up and mentioned assests from "the first last of us" then got all fumbled making it likely there's a sequel in the works?

It's easily one of the most over rated games of all time, has some major issues and the story is just a flat out mish mash of existing stories. Nothing is original or ground breaking except for the acting and production values. It's a great game don't get me wrong and I enjoyed it, but it's just infuriating when fan boys won't admit it's flaws. Then they turn around and say anyone who doesn't like it is an xbox fanboy and can't accept that other people value different aspects of games (game play is important regardless of how pretty a game is) and didn't enjoy something as much as they did.
    Gameplay is extremely important, so it's a good thing TLoU has great gameplay as well.

Anyone who says it wasn't ground breaking in terms of storytelling is lying to themselves. There has never been a video game story of that quality. It's a well told story by ANY standard, not just video game standards.

Banned

Gameplay is extremely important, so it's a good thing TLoU has great gameplay as well.

Anyone who says it wasn't ground breaking in terms of storytelling is lying to themselves. There has never been a video game story of that quality. It's a well told story by ANY standard, not just video game standards.
    The way it told the story was groundbreaking, the actual storyline was incredibly predictable and just a bunch of existing movies/books rolled in to one.

The way it told the story was groundbreaking, the actual storyline was incredibly predictable and just a bunch of existing movies/books rolled in to one.
    Who cares? Most great TV shows and movies of the 21st century are based on shit that's been done a million times. The Sopranos is a show about the mob in the NY/NJ area...cool. That was done 30 years beforehand. True Detective season 1 is essentially a buddy cop show. Etc. Both shows are filled with cliches from their respective genres. Does it matter? No.

Characters and the way the story is told is a million times more important than the overarching plot.

Banned

Who cares? Most great TV shows and movies of the 21st century are based on shit that's been done a million times. The Sopranos is a show about the mob in the NY/NJ area...cool. That was done 30 years beforehand. True Detective season 1 is essentially a buddy cop show. Etc. Both shows are filled with cliches from their respective genres. Does it matter? No.

Characters and the way the story is told is a million times more important than the overarching plot.
    We get it your a ps fanboy move on.

We get it your a ps fanboy move on.
    Great argument.

I didn't even own a PS3 last generation.