Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Woj - Denver extends Danilo Gallinari; 2 years/ $34 million

Eh, its only two years. That's a lot of money for a guy who has been hurt for as long as he has, but didn't he just drop like almost 50 on Dallas back in March or April or something? He outsizes most of other 3's, can pass alright and has a nice touch.

Since he came back from injury, and with a coach that actually has a clue, Danilo played like an allstar.
    This money is way less crazy than other contracts that have been signed recently.

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    You could say the same for half the league these days. Every role player is getting 10+
    There's a big difference between 10 mil per and 17.

I love Gallo, but that's a ridiculous contract especially knowing his history with injuries.

College star

Pretty fail-safe contract, i mean a tad high but after a year he'll be a nice trade for those looking to clear some space. This guy probably will never be the same/show his potential with his last few seasons of injury.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Eh, its only two years. That's a lot of money for a guy who has been hurt for as long as he has, but didn't he just drop like almost 50 on Dallas back in March or April or something? He outsizes most of other 3's, can pass alright and has a nice touch.
    If he stays healthy it's a great deal (I think he had two 40 point games in the second half of the season?)

Obviously if he doesn't, it's not

But like you said...only two years. I like it.

Banned

What ridiculous owners. Are they mad? Have they gone crazy?

17m a year for a Euro scrub? That's Denver for you.

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    If he stays healthy it's a great deal (I think he had two 40 point games in the second half of the season?)

Obviously if he doesn't, it's not

But like you said...only two years. I like it.
    You gotta figure he's an attractive trade piece next year too IF he stays healthy. That's a nice expirer.

Decent college freshman

This deal isn't that bad at all- Denver wasn't going to spend that space on anything else, really, and now they have a guy who expires in summer 2017 on a fairly reasonable contract if he's healthy.

They're paying so much per year this year and next b/c it's such a short deal.

If some star demands a trade in the meantime, this is a great contract for salary-matching purposes (as is the Wilson Chandler contract).

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    There's a big difference between 10 mil per and 17.

I love Gallo, but that's a ridiculous contract especially knowing his history with injuries.

True. He's actually getting I think 14,15,16 the next 3 years but I see your point

However, when healthy, he's easily worth 15-16 million per.

I'm just happy we kept him. I'm glad those trade rumors were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    What ridiculous owners. Are they mad? Have they gone crazy?

17m a year for a Euro scrub? That's Denver for you.

You know, the less serious I take you, the more enjoyable your posts are to read. Your posts are like they are written by then Tasmanian devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    You gotta figure he's an attractive trade piece next year too IF he stays healthy. That's a nice expirer.
    True. Although I think it would be for 2016-17 because it's a two yea extension starting after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    This deal isn't that bad at all- Denver wasn't going to spend that space on anything else, really, and now they have a guy who expires in summer 2017 on a fairly reasonable contract if he's healthy.

They're paying so much per year this year and next b/c it's such a short deal.

If some star demands a trade in the meantime, this is a great contract for salary-matching purposes (as is the Wilson Chandler contract).
    Someone check my math but we were suppose to have 46 million in cap space - 15 for Gallo - 5 million for other random players = still 26 million in room next summer? We probably can't even spend all of it.

Very good NBA starter

Danilo is another player that gets max deals because hes still young enough adn skillful...

The guy can't stay even remotely half healthy. He's been collecting checks while not having to practice or even play 60 games a season.

He's only 26 years old but I haven't seen any incremental improvement in his game.

He can be a sharpshooter but he's not that consistent. Mirotic is basically what Galinari is offensively and defensively.

How much would mirotic get this summer if he was a free agent?

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Gallo gets slept on. Good defense, incredibly smart player. People confuse him for being just a shooter when that's not even the best part of his game. In fact outside of him being made of glass I'd say his inconsistency as a shooter is his biggest flaw.

Gallo and Shaw butted heads. Shaw didn't even have him starting. Gallo averaged 19/5 on 44/40/89 post All-Star break in 24 games. Only getting 31 minutes. He's capable of averaging 16-19 points, being a solid defensive player, and just making smart choices with the basketball.

I would have preferred Denver to wait a season before they re-signed him but clearly they didn't want to risk it. It's a risk in itself given his injury history but after losing Lawson for nothing I can't really blame them for wanting to hold on to assets.

For all we know Danilo gets moved, or Chandler. Seems like Denver's just making sure they don't lose guys for nothing and take another Lawson like hit.