Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default mark my words. d'angelo russell will be an allstar starter before okafor/towns

Okafor just spams that drop step spin move hook/layup all day. Will get blocked by any legit defender or help defense

Russell didnt go off due to clarksons dominance. But the few times he was allowed to create i could see flashes of brilliance in his passing. That backdoor cut when he threaded the needle with backspin showed me 10 times more of whats to come than any okafor travel/slide of pivot foot

Okafor is good. But not for todays game. Russell is born to play in the steph curry era. Slow paced strategic artistry/ pace with creation for himself or others

Clarkson is just an attack mode ball dominant 2 guard like kobe. So it kind of inhibits russells gameplan

The 2 shouldnt be on the floor at the same time.

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: mark my words. d'angelo russell will be an allstar starter before okafor/towns

k.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Default Re: mark my words. d'angelo russell will be an allstar starter before okafor/towns

His passing and vision is off the charts but what worries me is his lack of suddenness. Even a guy like Ginobli and Harden possess quickness at times, which is crucial. I never saw any of that. He doesn't have light feet.

My fear is he turns into just a great passer and not a great scorer. I want to see him break down set defenders. Almost every time he had situations to create against set defenders, he chose to defer. But only 2 games in. Way too small of a sample size to make concrete assessments.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan

Get used to it. Russell is the future of this organization

Scott said he had "the it factor" ... so regardless hes gonna be given the time and opportunity to be great

Okafor on the other hand will get buried in philly under the tank peogram

Banned

He's a decent guard in a league full of decent guards. He will be a solid starter but don't see the major hype on him.

I rule the local playground

slow first step

he's the new andre miller

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    His passing and vision is off the charts but what worries me is his lack of suddenness. Even a guy like Ginobli and Harden possess quickness at times, which is crucial. I never saw any of that. He doesn't have light feet.

My fear is he turns into just a great passer and not a great scorer. I want to see him break down set defenders. Almost every time he had situations to create against set defenders, he chose to defer. But only 2 games in. Way too small of a sample size to make concrete assessments.

Hes a pass first pg that utilizes screens/cuts from others and sees everyone/everything before it happens.

Manu and harden are attack the basket to draw defenders that already have their mind made up whom theyre gonna pass too

Russell is more of a nash type assist guy that will get 15ppg but also get 10 assists at the same time... atleast when his prime rolls around.

I dont see a 22-23ppg / 7-8 assists out of him

Clarkson seems to be the scorer for the lakers future

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by asd
    slow first step

Magic
    Stockton
    Nash
    Kidd

All had slow first steps.. guess what else they all have in common

Quick attacking pg's are just more likely to be injured or lose their power over the defense later on.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    Okafor just spams that drop step spin move hook/layup all day. Will get blocked by any legit defender or help defense

Russell didnt go off due to clarksons dominance. But the few times he was allowed to create i could see flashes of brilliance in his passing. That backdoor cut when he threaded the needle with backspin showed me 10 times more of whats to come than any okafor travel/slide of pivot foot

Okafor is good. But not for todays game. Russell is born to play in the steph curry era. Slow paced strategic artistry/ pace with creation for himself or others

Clarkson is just an attack mode ball dominant 2 guard like kobe. So it kind of inhibits russells gameplan

The 2 shouldnt be on the floor at the same time.

If there is one thing that it absolutely evident on this forum... It's that your opinion is one of the worst to take seriously

Russell bust confirmed thanks KG

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival

My fear is that he is Kendall Marshall, a brilliant passer and not much else. He doesn't hardly come off the ground when he shoots the ball, and he hasn't shown that he can drive the ball effectively to the rim. So far most of his shots have come off of screens, he's not getting by people. Hopefully he gets more aggressive and starts using that length to create something.

NBA Superstar

Your word is about as garbage as it gets..

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    Hes a pass first pg that utilizes screens/cuts from others and sees everyone/everything before it happens.

Manu and harden are attack the basket to draw defenders that already have their mind made up whom theyre gonna pass too

Russell is more of a nash type assist guy that will get 15ppg but also get 10 assists at the same time... atleast when his prime rolls around.

I dont see a 22-23ppg / 7-8 assists out of him

Clarkson seems to be the scorer for the lakers future
    I was hoping for more. A guy who is not only a passing savant but also a guy who can break you down on iso and get his anytime he wanted with subtle skills, hestiations, change of pace etc like Ginobli and Harden annd not just a great pg who can shoot the ball. I wanted that superstar level impact, like a Curry.

Like I said, only 2 games in. Hope for the best.

Made that high school varsity squad Solidape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by asd
    slow first step

Question for those calling him slow.....wouldn't Byron Scott and Mitch notice that about him in the workouts????

If he was that slow where it might be a big issue in the league, surely they would evaluate that weakness to the nth degree?

I think that Byron and Mitch know more about players and the game in their pinky than most of us here, especially since they were players themselves.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by toxicxr6
    If there is one thing that it absolutely evident on this forum... It's that your opinion is one of the worst to take seriously

Russell bust confirmed thanks KG

2017 nba allstar starter = d'angelo russell

If not then 2018

Mark it down...

Rookie average = 10ppg/6apg
    2nd year average = 13ppg/ 8apg
    3rd year average = 15ppg / 10apg