Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Mavs should have done the sign and trade

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    Like I said, nobody cares enough to debate your bullshit b/c you go on endlessly in an eternal effort to get the last word in.

I've read your garbage the last few weeks and just didnt feel like engaging b/c Ive read you enough to know you'll dig in and throw a wall of text at whoever disagrees with you.

Sorry but you are dead wrong and are full of shit on this.

Saying shit like they never intended to keep tyson is flat wrong. They had an intention to keep Tyson UNTIL they thought they had a great shot at getting DJ. Things change during the year, its all fluid.

and since I dont care to debate a person who pretends that their opinion is fact, I'm done with this thread.
    From Grantland:

[B][I]It

5-time NBA All-Star

Pretty foul. While I was hesitant to believe it as DJ's game.is predicated on point guards. hooking him up, this seems unpresidented. DJ had a first and second day itinerary and Dallas wasn't in it and then the verbal agreement popped up out of nowhere. Seems like a waisted year for the Mavs.now.

Like I said, nobody cares enough to debate your bullshit b/c you go on endlessly in an eternal effort to get the last word in.

I've read your garbage the last few weeks and just didnt feel like engaging b/c Ive read you enough to know you'll dig in and throw a wall of text at whoever disagrees with you.

Sorry but you are dead wrong and are full of shit on this.

Saying shit like they never intended to keep tyson is flat wrong. They had an intention to keep Tyson UNTIL they thought they had a great shot at getting DJ. Things change during the year, its all fluid.

and since I dont care to debate a person who pretends that their opinion is fact, I'm done with this thread.
    You won't engage because you'll lose. Yes, I will respond to you...LOL at wall of text. That is how one communicates here.

My opinion is not fact, but there also facts.

And it's a simple fact that signing Parsons and making those trades were ****ing terrible given our plans in free agency this season.

Those are just basketball facts at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    From Grantland:

It’s the big-picture stuff for which Cuban deserves the L. Yesterday’s dance at DeAndre’s was one of many examples of him banking on a quick fix, only to find his team in utter ruin. We all know the song Cuban has played ever since winning a title. He invests nothing in the draft, signs B-level talent to short-term contracts, loses them in the next free-agency period, rinses, and repeats — all the while claiming his organization is clever because they zig while others zag.

The Mavs winning the title in 2011 is like a large-scale version of a Monta Ellis game-winner in December. It’s great for the time being, but now Monta thinks he’s invincible and nothing can stop him. He goes into heat-check mode. Cuban and Donnie Nelson have been operating in heat-check mode every summer for the past several years, and every time … clank.

The worst part in all of this is Dirk. If the best teammate he ever plays with in the last five years of his career is Ellis, then Cuban has done him a giant disservice — especially after Nowitzki gave up an insane amount of money so the Mavs could rebuild.

Cuban prides himself as a businessman first, and as he probably knows more than anyone, in this business — like most businesses — it’s all about results. The Clippers were petty, yes, but they got it done and now have a solid future ahead. They zigged, while the Mavs zagged.

Spot on.
    literally has nothing to do with what I said which is why debating with you sucks and is ultimately pointless.

You won't engage because you'll lose.
    My opinion is not fact, but there also facts.
    the only thing I'll lose is several minutes of my life that I'll never get back wasting time with your drivel.

And it's a simple fact that signing Parsons and making those trades were ****ing terrible given our plans in free agency this season.
    no its an opinion and THAT is a fact.

literally has nothing to do with what I said which is why debating with you sucks and is ultimately pointless.
    I was just posting another person saying similar things to me.

Debating with you is pointless because you often attack other people...seen you do it a lot.

Again, just take the L...Parsons was a terrible signing for all the reasons I said.

And yes, if you aren't for sure keeping Tyson...you don't make that trade. You have to actually have a plan and stick to it.

But what is the point of debating with someone that can't admit they were dead wrong about Parsons?

You are useless....

the only thing I'll lose is several minutes of my life that I'll never get back wasting time with your drivel.

no its an opinion and THAT is a fact.

It's as close to a basketball fact as possible. We have decimated our franchise due to that signing....and he can opt out. It's utterly terrible.

We ended up trading Calderon/Larkin/Crowder/Wright and a first rounder and 2nd rounder for a 1 year rental of Tyson and half year rental of Rondo....and Felton on a 2 year deal. With absolutely nothing to show for it other than cap.

Cap we aren't using because it makes no sense now.

And it all started with using all of our cap on Parsons....

I was just posting another person saying similar things to me.
    which had nothing do with what we were talking about.

Debating with you is pointless because you often attack other people...seen you do it a lot.
    i'm not going to deny that I'll attack bullshit when I see it

Again, just take the L...Parsons was a terrible signing for all the reasons I said.
    nope, it wasnt.

And yes, if you aren't for sure keeping Tyson...you don't make that trade. You have to actually have a plan and stick to it.
    if you can get a 26 year old fringe AS center over a 32 year old fringe AS center you take that chance every time.

But what is the point of debating with someone that can't admit they were dead wrong about Parsons?
    sorry that I dont agree with you?

You are useless....
    tries to take high ground in debate by saying person attacks people

proceeds to attack people.
    Last edited by kentatm; 07-09-2015 at 02:21 PM.

It's as close to a basketball fact as possible. We have decimated our franchise due to that signing....and he can opt out. It's utterly terrible.
    again, making things up to suit your narrative

We ended up trading Calderon/Larkin/Crowder/Wright and a first rounder and 2nd rounder for a 1 year rental of Tyson and half year rental of Rondo....and Felton on a 2 year deal. With absolutely nothing to show for it other than cap.
    Calderon and Larkin were big losses now? Werent you bitching about his contract two years ago?

The trade for Rondo was a fail. I readily admit that. However, nobody could have known he would have been that big of a tard when he was traded for. They weren't even going to keep Wright or Crowder anyway b/c they were going to go for a big FA this summer.

Cap we aren't using because it makes no sense now.
    we dont yet know what direction they will take

And it all started with using all of our cap on Parsons....
    Never mind that Dirk took way less specifically b/c he wanted Parsons on the team.

which had nothing do with what we were talking about.

i'm not going to deny that I'll attack bullshit when I see it

nope, it wasnt.

if you can get a 26 year old center over a 32 year old center you take that chance every time.

sorry that I dont agree with you?

tries to take high ground in debate by saying person attacks people

proceeds to attack people.

Hate to go school yard on you, but you started it.

This summer was clearly deandre or bust....and that isn't worth it.

And we are in this position, quite clearly, because of the horrendous Parsons signing that has the chance to **** this franchise for years to come.

It's a lose/lose situation now for us...Parsons leaves and we decimated the franchise for years for nothing....Parsons stays and we have to overpay an over-rated player that likely isn't good enough to lead us anywhere.

You don't ever put yourself into the position the Mavs currently found themselves in. Again, this started with the Parsons signing. If we had filled out the roster differently...we still would have had space to offer DJ the max....only difference is we wouldn't be stuck with complete shit if he didn't come...and he might have not backed out if we had a real ****ing team of players unlike we do now.

again, making things up to suit your narrative

Calderon and Larkin were big losses now? Werent you bitching about his contract two years ago?

The trade for Rondo was a fail. I readily admit that. However, nobody could have known he would have been that big of a tard when he was traded for. They weren't even going to keep Wright or Crowder anyway b/c they were going to go for a big FA this summer.

we dont yet know what direction they will take

Never mind that Dirk took way less specifically b/c he wanted Parsons on the team.

It's about the plan dude. You can't make that trade if the plan is to go after DJ. I loved the Calderon trade if we were going to keep Tyson and build around him/Dirk....you can't make that trade...see Tyson still has it and fits well...then throw the entire team away for the chance to chase DJ. Again....we had Tyson's bird rights!!!!!!!!

We could have signed Matthews and filled out the roster and then added Tyson...we'd be a 55 win team if healthy with a chance to make a run if we got hot or added a good buyout guy.

And that is even with signing that clown Parsons to a terrible deal.

You keep ignoring the plan.

You can't have it both ways. You can't make the Rondo and Tyson trades and then less than a year later say the plan is to get younger. The Parsons signing doesn't fit with any of this...hence why it's so bad.

Crowder/Wright and the pick being traded was smart. Totally agree...but we never make the Rondo trade if we don't spend it all on Parsons.

You make it sound like I wasn't vehemently against this shit from day 1 last summer.

It was obvious then...it's even more obvious now. That contract was a disaster. You don't mortgage everything we did hoping that Parsons would turn into a superstar and hoping DJ leaves a much better basketball situation.

It's high risk...average reward...which is why it was so stupid.

The kick in the nuts is that it retroactively makes the decision after 11 even worse now that there ended up being 0 to show for it....and another kick in the nuts is that we are in a lose/lose situation with Parsons unless he turns into an all-nba player...and that isn't happening.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-09-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Hate to go school yard on you, but you started it.
    dont trying and say "well you attack people so poo on you" and then proceed to do it.

just makes you like a hypocrite brah

This summer was clearly deandre or bust....and that isn't worth it.
    if he had not punked out the last second it would have absolutely been worth it.

And we are in this position, quite clearly, because of the horrendous Parsons signing that has the chance to **** this franchise for years to come.
    I'm sorry but it was not a horrendous signing. look at the contracts other players just got. His contract isnt a killer no matter what Morey tried to spin.

It's a lose/lose situation now for us...Parsons leaves and we decimated the franchise for years for nothing....Parsons stays and we have to overpay an over-rated player that likely isn't good enough to lead us anywhere.
    I doubt he leaves and I doubt he will be a cap killer.

You don't ever put yourself into the position the Mavs currently found themselves in. Again, this started with the Parsons signing. If we had filled out the roster differently...we still would have had space to offer DJ the max....only difference is we wouldn't be stuck with complete shit if he didn't come...and he might have not backed out if we had a real ****ing team of players unlike we do now.
    DJ sounds like he would have backed out regardless. I dont think it had anythign to do with the make up of the Mavs and everything to do with him being a little kid that just wanted the Clips to coddle him.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Kent, are you active on the dallas-mavs.com board?

dont trying and say "well you attack people so poo on you" and then proceed to do it.

just makes you like a hypocrite brah

if he had not punked out the last second it would have absolutely been worth it.

I'm sorry but it was not a horrendous signing. look at the contracts other players just got. His contract isnt a killer no matter what Morey tried to spin.

I doubt he leaves and I doubt he will be a cap killer.

DJ sounds like he would have backed out regardless. I dont think it had anythign to do with the make up of the Mavs and everything to do with him being a little kid that just wanted the Clips to coddle him.

The bold is a contradiction.

Also, I'm human...you call me a name and piss me off. I'm coming right back at you.

You doubt he leaves and doubt he hurts the cap? Not sure how that works unless Parsons turns into a all nba type player....again you focus on the amount and not the length.

It was a terrible contract for the length...not just the dollar amount. And we don't have his bird rights this summer...so yes...it could be a problem...it could be a huge problem.

It's about the plan dude. You can't make that trade if the plan is to go after DJ. I loved the Calderon trade if we were going to keep Tyson and build around him/Dirk....you can't make that trade...see Tyson still has it and fits well...then throw the entire team away for the chance to chase DJ. Again....we had Tyson's bird rights!!!!!!!!
    again, I think they would have kept Tyson if DJ hadnt indicated he was willing to go to another team.
    We could have signed Matthews and filled out the roster and then added Tyson...we'd be a 55 win team if healthy with a chance to make a run if we got hot or added a good buyout guy.
    possibly but its also possible Matthews signed b/c he thought DJ was going to be there for years and unlike DJ he isnt so lame that he'd go back on his word.

And that is even with signing that clown Parsons to a terrible deal.
    except it really isnt a bad deal

You keep ignoring the plan.
    no, I'm not.

You can't have it both ways. You can't make the Rondo and Tyson trades and then less than a year later say the plan is to get younger. The Parsons signing doesn't fit with any of this...hence why it's so bad.
    I didnt say that. I said they saw the chance to get a fringe AS center that was 26, were given indications they had a legit shot, and decided that was better for the team long term. Rondo is 29 and would have fit into making the team younger since he was replacing 33 year old Jameer who replaced 33 year old Calderon.

Crowder/Wright and the pick being traded was smart. Totally agree...but we never make the Rondo trade if we don't spend it all on Parsons.
    you dont know that b/c you dont know what they would have done had they not gotten Parsons. You are trying to claim you wanted them to do as fact.

You make it sound like I wasn't vehemently against this shit from day 1 last summer.

It was obvious then...it's even more obvious now. That contract was a disaster.
    nope sorry, cant agree with you that it was a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath
    Kent, are you active on the dallas-mavs.com board?
    I used to be really active on the Dallasbasketball.com boards but once it switched over to being on the awful scout forums I stopped going there w/regularity. I'll still post now and then but its not all that often.