Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Mavs should have done the sign and trade

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Really disagree. And I've explained why. This stuff is way more connected than you are letting on.

By signing Parsons it puts your franchise in a specific position in which certain moves become necessary.
    Again, we have no idea what direction they would have gone had they not gotten Parsons.

You cannot say they traded for Rondo b/c they signed Parsons. They traded for Rondo b/c they decided it was worth the risk and b/c Jameer wasn't good enough.

Dude. We never had DJ in the bag...even Cuban said it was touch and go.

DJ was torn the entire time...there was never any indication we had him in the bag.

Absolutely revisionist history....

Once we decided to pursue DJ...we lost Tyson unless Tyson breaks his word with the Suns....that is a fact.

Sorry but I'm just going by reports from people who are actually around the team vs what you pull from your posterior.

They told him to go ahead and get his b/c they liked their odds w/DJ. You dont have to like it but thats how it is.

and PS, I know you'll just haaaaave to get the last word in but you may as well not waste your time b/c now I am 100% done with this thread.

peace.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    Again, we have no idea what direction they would have gone had they not gotten Parsons.

You cannot say they traded for Rondo b/c they signed Parsons. They traded for Rondo b/c they decided it was worth the risk and b/c Jameer wasn't good enough.
    Well of course, but if you don't use all your cap on Parsons....signing a point guard and sf makes sense.

You act like it's some stretch. If we hadn't gotten Parsons...we would have gotten Ariza. There were really no other scenarios that made sense given the Wizards really not pushing hard.

We would have had a starting sg, sf, pf, and center.

Pretty sure pg was our next stop.

But yes, of course, if we still had the same exact team at guard we could have made the Rondo trade. I've said that before and I actually supported the Rondo trade given the reasons you and I agree on.

Banned

Mavericks fans fighting? You'd never see this with Clutch City.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    Sorry but I'm just going by reports from people who are actually around the team vs what you pull from your posterior.

They told him to go ahead and get his b/c they liked their odds w/DJ. You dont have to like it but thats how it is.

and PS, I know you'll just haaaaave to get the last word in but you may as well not waste your time b/c now I am 100% done with this thread.

peace.
    I'm going by reports around the team as well. It was never in the bag...and certainly was not in the bag as of early July 1 when we lost Chandler. Cuban admitted it was touch and go before his verbal agreement on the ticket...i was listening live when it happened. He told Sturm exactly that.

Furthermore, all the reports out of LA said the same thing. DJ is torn. You have pulled this "in the bag" BS from your own ass hoping people don't see your blatant lying.

Liking our chances is completely different. I'm sure we did like our chances.

Just like I'm also sure the pursuit of DJ prevented us from having Tyson as our backup plan.

The fact that you aren't acknowledging the risk of going after DJ here is just silly. Everyone around the team that knows anything...all agree this summer was DJ or bust after the first few hours of free agency.

You pretending otherwise is just once again more evidence that you will never adjust your positions and try to bend reality to your narrative.

You come off looking weak here. You come in hurling insults...claim I'm a waste of time...spend 2 pages arguing....then run away when you are caught absolutely making shit up.

Tim MacMahon...a guy that has done an excellent job throughout this whole thing and has been piped in. I guess he's nuts as well...just read his article and he ended it with this:

The Dallas decision-makers knew this was a DeAndre-or-doom summer. The latter is here, and it's not a lot of fun.

But yea...they had him in the bag the whole time.

Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-09-2015 at 03:50 PM.

lol @ DMAVS41 aka NBASTATMAN aka gyno and his brothers

do you have a fcuking life?

anyway i this thread

kentatm: 1

DMAVS41: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Mavericks fans fighting? You'd never see this with Clutch City.

DMAVS41 not a Mavericks fan. he's a sad case

I don't like that move for a borderline playoff team. Tyson is only getting worse year by year...while the rest of the team is on a different trajectory if things work out well.

Just not a signing that makes a ton of sense without the chance at LMA...

Yet he's coming off one of the better seasons of his career. If he gives them two good seasons as a starter, and then a solid backup after, he is worth it.

The Suns are a better team with Chandler than without. Even if they miss the playoffs, at some point you need some veteran leadership in your locker room to keep things on an even keel.

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    Yet he's coming off one of the better seasons of his career. If he gives them two good seasons as a starter, and then a solid backup after, he is worth it.

The Suns are a better team with Chandler than without. Even if they miss the playoffs, at some point you need some veteran leadership in your locker room to keep things on an even keel.
    I'd go down a different route.

Don't see a real upside here without being "live" in a chase for LMA.

But I admit I'm lower on Tyson than most when it comes to how much I'd spend of real cap space on him. The reason I wanted him in Dallas was because we had his bird rights and could go over the cap with him.

Just feels like a situation similar to the Knicks for the Suns...just won't have enough and you guys will be looking to get rid of him in a couple years.

But we'll see....it might work...never know.