Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Default Mavs should have done the sign and trade

DJ for Tyson Chandler. They got rid of Chandler because they had no intentions of helping the Clippers out and it kind of backfired.

As a Clippers fan I don't really know what to say about all this drama, you know how the media always finds the most dramatic spin to all this but here's my take.

I think the Clippers didn't do anything wrong (moratorium period, plus Deandre contacting Doc and Blake and saying he didn't want to sign for the Mavs).

2 people are guilty here, Deandre and his agent.

Agent thought he had so much power, threatening Doc giving him an ultimatum saying if he didn't trade CP3 Deandre wouldn't resign. Then pushing Deandre to agree with the Mavs (debatable whether he wanted to or not, he may have wanted to and then changed his mind and acted like he never wanted to). Why would you as an agent push your player to sign somewhere he doesn't want to sign? Either he owed Mark Cuban a favor or was going to get compensated for the few mils Deandre was leaving on the table for leaving the Clippers (illegal, I know.. but do you really think they don't do under the table stuff in the NBA?)

As for Deandre, how do you let your agent make a decision for you in terms of where you're going to sign? Assuming what Deandre and his family said was true... Why would the agent "pushing" you to go to the Mavs make any difference? Say no and resign with the Clippers and save the Mavs and their fans a headache.

Anyways, I feel for you Mavs fans (the ones that wanted Deandre to sign)... Here's to a good year and no hard feelings. I was cool with Deandre leaving because it's the nature of free agency, and I'm cool with him staying as well. Whether we lost him or not, I wouldn't have been mad. Let's just see if he can actually improve his free throws and become an asset this year rather than a one sided player.

Local High School Star KelticForce1349's Avatar

Default Re: Mavs should have done the sign and trade

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
    DJ for Tyson Chandler. They got rid of Chandler because they had no intentions of helping the Clippers out and it kind of backfired.

As a Clippers fan I don't really know what to say about all this drama, you know how the media always finds the most dramatic spin to all this but here's my take.

I think the Clippers didn't do anything wrong (moratorium period, plus Deandre contacting Doc and Blake and saying he didn't want to sign for the Mavs).

2 people are guilty here, Deandre and his agent.

Agent thought he had so much power, threatening Doc giving him an ultimatum saying if he didn't trade CP3 Deandre wouldn't resign. Then pushing Deandre to agree with the Mavs (debatable whether he wanted to or not, he may have wanted to and then changed his mind and acted like he never wanted to). Why would you as an agent push your player to sign somewhere he doesn't want to sign? Either he owed Mark Cuban a favor or was going to get compensated for the few mils Deandre was leaving on the table for leaving the Clippers (illegal, I know.. but do you really think they don't do under the table stuff in the NBA?)

As for Deandre, how do you let your agent make a decision for you in terms of where you're going to sign? Assuming what Deandre and his family said was true... Why would the agent "pushing" you to go to the Mavs make any difference? Say no and resign with the Clippers and save the Mavs and their fans a headache.

Anyways, I feel for you Mavs fans (the ones that wanted Deandre to sign)... Here's to a good year and no hard feelings. I was cool with Deandre leaving because it's the nature of free agency, and I'm cool with him staying as well. Whether we lost him or not, I wouldn't have been mad. Let's just see if he can actually improve his free throws and become an asset this year rather than a one sided player.

This is a very classy post and ISH needs much more of this.

DJ essentially turned down an extra ~$8m to stay in LA.

I don't think he wanted to play in Dallas to begin with. He has the mental capacity of a four year old.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

We couldn't have given them Tyson because Tyson left before DJ decided originally.

But we could have done the Pacers trade...and you are dead on imo...I said this earlier.

It's under-rated how much not facilitating Hibbert to Clippers plays a role in this. No way the Clippers are this desperate that way.

Once again Cuban being unwilling to build a team cost us. Hilarious...all to chase KD next summer. Good luck with that now Mark.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Well with LMA signing with the Spurs, us Suns have no need for Tyson anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    Well with LMA signing with the Spurs, us Suns have no need for Tyson anymore.
    Yea...that looks pretty awful right now.

Also, with the cap increase to 70...you guys didn't have to trade all those guys away.

Hilarious the fallout of chasing free agents you don't pretty much have in the bag or have good contingency plans as well.

Still can't believe the Suns did that....

Chandler clearly didnt want to go to the Clippers so I dont know why you think that was an option.

if he was cool going there he would have waited.

since he didnt he obviously wanted to be elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

Once again Cuban being unwilling to build a team cost us. Hilarious...all to chase KD next summer. Good luck with that now Mark.
    not facilitating a S&T w/LA has nothing to do with trying to keep money open for Durant

youve been making things up in your head the last few days.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    not facilitating a S&T w/LA has nothing to do with trying to keep money open for Durant

youve been making things up in your head the last few days.
    actually it does.

just like spending all the cap on Parsons last summer didn't lead to these decisions?

making that up as well?

not sure what else has to happen for you Pro-Parsons crowd to just take the L....

actually it does.

just like spending all the cap on Parsons last summer didn't lead to these decisions?

making that up as well?

No it doesnt. Flat out does not. Yes, you are making shit up in your head.

From saying the Chandler deal is horrible, to saying the Mavs were punting on this next season by signing DJ, to making up that the Mavs were trying to make room for Durant by not wanting to do a 3 way S&T w/the Clips and Pacers.

You are completely full of shit making stuff up to suit your own narrative, sniff your own farts b/c nobody cares enough to have an endless debate with you, and may as well be Euroleague w/the way you have been applying logic.

I honestly think LAC was prepared to move on until Jordan called Rivers himself on Monday to express his regret. How can you really blame a team that developed an asset to not try and recoup what they'd lost?

The fault lies squarely with DAJ and his agent, as you said. Mavs fans that are pissed off or annoyed are justified and I would never defend the "DeAndrecision" fiasco (hah) that occured yesterday.

Mavs fans, you guys are cool and Dirk deserves better.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    No it doesnt. Flat out does not. Yes, you are making shit up in your head.

From saying the Chandler deal is horrible to saying the Mavs were punting on this next season by signing DJ.

You are completely full of shit, sniff your own farts, and may as well be Euroleague w/the way you have been applying logic.
    Someone is mad. I don't blame you...terrible day for our franchises history. But you are just making emotional arguments at this point.

If we opened up 10 million in a sign and trade for our cap...and used it...why would we open it up and not use it...it eats into our cap next year. Parsons isn't opting in....and we don't have his bird rights. So bringing back Parsons and a max free agent if we used that 10 million in cap is essentially impossible...even with Dirk opting out to help us again. Same reason we weren't looking to really move Felton in a real way...we take on a guy on multiple years and it eats into what we can do in free agency next year. Always looking to the next year and never building a real team.

LOL

And yes...trading Calderon/Larkin for Tyson for a year rental is a ****ing horrible trade if you have no plans to keep Tyson. The whole reason that makes sense is because you have his bird rights and can go over the cap to bring him back. If the goal is to go after DJ...that trade is straight up retarded....

And they were "punting" on this coming season. Read anyone with a brain after the DJ signing...everyone agreed the Mavs wouldn't contend in this coming season, but would after next summer.

You just don't know this stuff man.

You still think signing Parsons didn't directly lead to all this shit? You gonna be good with paying Parsons 100 million or more on a 5 year deal after this season?

It's just ****ing laughable at this point...this went way worse than I ever even imagined. The fact that you clowns can't admit the Parsons signing was bad at this point is just a joke. It was devastating to this franchise....devastating...
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-09-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Yea...that looks pretty awful right now.

Also, with the cap increase to 70...you guys didn't have to trade all those guys away.

Hilarious the fallout of chasing free agents you don't pretty much have in the bag or have good contingency plans as well.

Still can't believe the Suns did that....

A good defensive center playing for about the same money as Robin Lopez, not sure what is awful about that. Chandler isnt 40, I expect they get three good years about of him with Len taking over sooner or later. Chandler is coming off one of his better seasons, considering the Suns training staff and their history of working with guys like Nash, Hill, Shaq and more, I think its a worthwhile gamble.

The Suns Achilles heel last season was a complete lack of veteran leadership, bringing in a respected veteran into that environment cant hurt.

Meanwhile the Suns dumped a locker room cancer in Marcus Morris, Reggie Bullock who was at the far back of the bench and Granger who didnt play a minute for them. They really didnt lose anything with the trade, TJ Warren impressed enough that he'll be the backup SF, making all 3 of those guys redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    A good defensive center playing for about the same money as Robin Lopez, not sure what is awful about that. Chandler isnt 40, I expect they get three good years about of him with Len taking over sooner or later. Chandler is coming off one of his better seasons, considering the Suns training staff and their history of working with guys like Nash, Hill, Shaq and more, I think its a worthwhile gamble.

The Suns Achilles heel last season was a complete lack of veteran leadership, bringing in a respected veteran into that environment cant hurt.

Meanwhile the Suns dumped a locker room cancer in Marcus Morris, Reggie Bullock who was at the far back of the bench and Granger who didnt play a minute for them. They really didnt lose anything with the trade, TJ Warren impressed enough that he'll be the backup SF, making all 3 of those guys redundant.

I don't like that move for a borderline playoff team. Tyson is only getting worse year by year...while the rest of the team is on a different trajectory if things work out well.

Just not a signing that makes a ton of sense without the chance at LMA...

Like I said, nobody cares enough to debate your bullshit b/c you go on endlessly in an eternal effort to get the last word in.

I've read your garbage the last few weeks and just didnt feel like engaging b/c Ive read you enough to know you'll dig in and throw a wall of text at whoever disagrees with you.

Sorry but you are dead wrong and are full of shit on this.

Saying shit like they never intended to keep tyson is flat wrong. They had an intention to keep Tyson UNTIL they thought they had a great shot at getting DJ. Things change during the year, its all fluid.

and since I dont care to debate a person who pretends that their opinion is fact, I'm done with this thread.
    Last edited by kentatm; 07-09-2015 at 02:01 PM.