Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default What do you see from Parker and Randle this year

The unfortunate injuries have really pushed these guys under the radar, are they both expected to make 100% recoveries, and if so how much impact can they have?

I know that Randle is key for the Lakers (simply from reading the sheer volume of posts from Laker fans) but what about Parker, what role does he fit now that the Bucks have Giannis, Khris Middleton and Greg Monroe. Will he be featured? Is there a chance he is a 6 man?

Also, is Randle eligible for ROY?

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: What do you see from Parker and Randle this year

Julius Black Michelin Man Randle is gonna be flat out scary

dude might be strongest player in the NBA right now, cats literarlly gonna be bouncing off of him

shhhhhhh

The ROY for Randle is vague but there is discussion on it.

I've asked a couple beat writers and they don't know, one said he asked somebody within the NBA and they didn't know, the NBPA rep the writer asked thought the NBPA was going to make a formal request.

Technically the answer is no but the one writer felt the NBA may lean towards a yes but it would have to be addressed by some committee that deals with these things.

Randle played a game last year making him ineligible. I don't see how Parker isn't still a massive part of what the Bucks hope to build here. He's no 6th man

Banned

julius randle and d'angelo russell are gonna beast all day together in the pick and roll

randle will get 5 easy layups/dunks a game and average 12-13ppg with 8-9rpg

Lakers fans on here are insanely overrating Randle. Not saying he's bad, but he's no Karl Malone and will never be. Come on dudes...

Parker on the other hand seems pretty legit. He truly might be an elite scorer along the lines of Melo. He's got some sick length too. I'm definitely going to be watching a few Bucks games this year to check out this kid.

randle will just be ok
    he dropped for a reason

Jabari is the franchise. Or 1/2 of it at least, with GA. Any hope of this team contending depends on him becoming a star.

Word is our GM wanted Bobby Portis in the draft but Kidd said no specifically because he's a PF and he thought drafting a PF would undermine Jabari's worth to the franchise. Shitty logic imo but it puts into perspective just how much Jabari is valued in MKE.

People are going to see a Blake Griffin/Charles Barkley type player in Randle. Someone who can take it coast to coast off a defensive rebound and create for himself or others. He's also going to be strong as a bull down low. He'll absorb contact and play through it. He will be deadly when facing up the basket from 15-18 feet because he has unreal quickness and first step for a 4. He might rely a little too much on taking guys off the dribble if his post game or jumper isn't working. I don't see him being a dominant rebounder or anything like that given his average wingspan, so maybe 8-9 boards a game.

Where he will absolutely excel is in transition. The guy moves like a guy smaller than him. He can really run up and down the court while maintaining good coordination. A lot of bigs can get up to speed after a few strides but struggle to stop and start again. Randle can really move with fluidity.

So the points in transition and face ups will be there. The big question of how good he will be will depend on his jumper and post up game. He'll get some points by playing through contact but we'll have to see if he can consistently score down low when he faces taller/longer 4s. He can't bull his way in the post every play. He'll have to have a reliablr post game to take that next step.

I think assuming he plays starter minutes, I expect about 15 ppg, 8-9 rpg, and maybe 3-4 apg (he can pass). And I am being generous here. If his jumper is consistent and he develops his postgame, he could easily score 18-20 ppg.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    randle will just be ok
    he dropped for a reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt8pMZ7Gg-M

"just alright"

picture this guy on the break or cutting/pnr with russell or kobe drawing his man

National High School Star

If Randle truly did bulk up massively as the Lakers FO claims he did (or at least the rumors claim), then he should do very good.

Didn't get much chance to watch jabari, but hopefully he stays healthy, seems like he's going to be a star eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Lakers fans on here are insanely overrating Randle. Not saying he's bad, but he's no Karl Malone and will never be. Come on dudes...

Parker on the other hand seems pretty legit. He truly might be an elite scorer along the lines of Melo. He's got some sick length too. I'm definitely going to be watching a few Bucks games this year to check out this kid.
    Why bother commenting on a guy you never saw play? Do you see me commenting about Parker? No, because I didn't see him play and I'm not going to talk out of my ass and throw some shit out there and hope it sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

"just alright"

picture this guy on the break or cutting/pnr with russell or kobe drawing his man
    aww
    that was adorable

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

"just alright"

He aint aaron gordon baaaaaaaabbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Besides being an athletic tall guy who can dunk doesn't necessarily mean you will be a good player. Ask the Bucks with Joe Alexander

edit: @ Clips revival- I saw him last year ya dope. Parker really has a knack for knowing how to move on the offensive end. He's just got to put it together now. He showed some great stuff.

edit #2: I'd be happy with Randle if he turned out to be Antonio McDyess 2.0
    Last edited by Dbrog; 07-07-2015 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay
    If Randle truly did bulk up massively as the Lakers FO claims he did (or at least the rumors claim), then he should do very good.

Didn't get much chance to watch jabari, but hopefully he stays healthy, seems like he's going to be a star eventually.
    Actually the word is he has slimmed down. So he'll be more quick and explosive.