Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Better player: Kawhi or Melo?

Kawhi and it's not close.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    You say that with so much conviction as if you were a GM in this league. Yet, you're a simple warrior on ISH...poor at that.....

How's that Gino account btw...? Not sure which team to rep this season, Spurs, Mavs...? At least one thing is known to be constant with you, Kobe hate - however it's disguised - and funnily you try. Not that it's hard to see why "Spur" fans hate Kobe....the kid is what you call, a Spurs killer.

And NO. Not "every other" team in the league would pay that amount.

A few things:

1. Your response is typical of a child or somebody that doesn't have a real response so you end up talking about an anonymous poster on the internet...

2. This has literally nothing to do with Kobe

3. I know because I know the game and the league. I know because it's blatantly obvious that Leonard on a 5 year 90 million dollar deal in this environment is amazing.

Reggie Jackson just got a 5 year 80 million dollar deal. It's absurd the actual value Leonard has at his price. And any team would love it if they could fit it in on their team...regardless of team make up. Why? Because Kawhi can play a variety of roles and doesn't need the ball to have a great impact.

He's better than Melo at this point...sorry

If you asked 30 GMs who they would take right now, I'm pretty sure 30 would pick Leonard. There is tremendous value for a long, athletic, two-way wing player. Basketball is played on two ends and a wing who can give you D at an elite level and offense at a solid level (and improving) is valueable.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    If you asked 30 GMs who they would take right now, I'm pretty sure 30 would pick Leonard. There is tremendous value for a long, athletic, two-way wing player. Basketball is played on two ends and a wing who can give you D at an elite level and offense at a solid level (and improving) is valueable.
    There are some really dumb GM's in the league who would probably take Melo. But yeah, the smart ones are taking Kawhi.

Melo is basically what Kobe detractors pretend Kobe was: an inefficient iso player who is subpar in almost every aspect except scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    True this.

One of the biggest things that are trending in the league, along with spacing and small ball, is 3&D players. Add to the fact that Leonard is athletic enough to guard 4 positions aand he has room to improve his offense in the future ? He can definitely carry the Spurs once Tim Duncan calls it a career.

By the way DMAVS, what kinda off salary would be appropriate to Leonard given a cap increase ?

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Leonard deservedly got the max contract - $90m/5 for a FMVP/DPOY just turned 24 years old is a FANTASTIC deal. Here are some of the deals Spur players are getting from other teams:

Glad for them. And yes, any team including yours would be ecstatic to get Leonard. (and especially so at that price).
    Absolutely not. The guy is not an offensive threat for any other team in this league - dude lives and thrives under the Pop bubble. He's not a franchise player, simply put. It's nice to play for a team who has legitimate scoring threats 1-5. You don't command all the attention defensively and you can pick off easy baskets as the result of the threat your teamates pose, along with the occasional mismatch or the well ran set. An all energy guy with decent athleticism and large wingspan. His offensive skills however, that's a work in progress that even his high energy play won't improve much past what they already are. There is a difference between being one of the guys and being the guy. I guess with Aldridge being a Spur he will never taste that.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 07-06-2015 at 02:44 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    True this.

One of the biggest things that are trending in the league, along with spacing and small ball, is 3&D players. Add to the fact that Leonard is athletic enough to guard 4 positions aand he has room to improve his offense in the future ? He can definitely carry the Spurs once Tim Duncan calls it a career.

By the way DMAVS, what kinda off salary would be appropriate to Leonard given a cap increase ?
    He's a full max player.

I agree that Kawhi right now is clearly better than Melo. But I just don't get why Kawhi seems to get zero flack for completely wetting the bed in the playoffs this year. Like no one is talking about this. The guy gets hyped up like a top 10 player should, but gets absolutely none of the blame. Seriously, if Carmelo puts up 14 ppg on 41% TS in the last 3 games of a 7 game series that he loses, the guy would get shredded on here. Same goes for any top 10 player like Westbrook, Harden, Curry, etc. The guy put up 13 ppg on 39% TS in the 2 closeout games of the series, and they lost by an average of 4 points in those 2 games. And you can't even point to his defense either, his defense in those games was nothing special, he was at best the 3rd defender on the Spurs and it was him lacking his usual defensive intensity and focus leading to easy Clipper buckets.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    A few things:

1. Your response is typical of a child or somebody that doesn't have a real response so you end up talking about an anonymous poster on the internet...

2. This has literally nothing to do with Kobe

3. I know because I know the game and the league. I know because it's blatantly obvious that Leonard on a 5 year 90 million dollar deal in this environment is amazing.

Reggie Jackson just got a 5 year 80 million dollar deal. It's absurd the actual value Leonard has at his price. And any team would love it if they could fit it in on their team...regardless of team make up. Why? Because Kawhi can play a variety of roles and doesn't need the ball to have a great impact.

He's better than Melo at this point...sorry
    #1: The only thing you know is your opinion.

#2: I know you better than most - the child claim is a little rich coming from a clown with multiple alts.

Take the L brother.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I agree that Kawhi right now is clearly better than Melo. But I just don't get why Kawhi seems to get zero flack for completely wetting the bed in the playoffs this year. Like no one is talking about this. The guy gets hyped up like a top 10 player should, but gets absolutely none of the blame. Seriously, if Carmelo puts up 14 ppg on 41% TS in the last 3 games of a 7 game series that he loses, the guy would get shredded on here. Same goes for any top 10 player like Westbrook, Harden, Curry, etc. The guy put up 13 ppg on 39% TS in the 2 closeout games of the series, and they lost by an average of 4 points in those 2 games. And you can't even point to his defense either, his defense in those games was nothing special, he was at best the 3rd defender on the Spurs and it was him lacking his usual defensive intensity and focus leading to easy Clipper buckets.
    The guy is overrated as hell back and forth. Dude is a great role player and borderline star depending on who you ask but you take him out of the system he thrives in and well, you don't have much to work with, other than what makes him survive in this league in the first place. Nothing wrong being enamored with the guy but that's about it. He's Artest with a sweet attitude and less offensive skills thriving under Pop and the other players around him. He will continue to thrive in that same vein with LMA on the roster. Once Parker, Gino and Duncan retire it will be interesting to see who the Spurs pair him up with and what his production is. The Spurs will need a 20 points per game average guy in the PG spot least.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 07-06-2015 at 03:07 AM.

You say that with so much conviction as if you were a GM in this league. Yet, you're a simple warrior on ISH...poor at that.....

How's that Gino account btw...? Not sure which team to rep this season, Spurs, Mavs...? At least one thing is known to be constant with you, Kobe hate - however it's disguised - and funnily you try. Not that it's hard to see why "Spur" fans hate Kobe....the kid is what you call, a Spurs killer.

And NO. Not "every other" team in the league would pay that amount.
    what are you talking about? Mavs41 is surely one of the best and most obejctive posters here on ISH. And you? another annoying Kobe stan. You know what, at least there are some Kobe stans who are funny like MR. Jabbar or a little bit objective like specialque. You are just another annoying Kobe Stan visiting every day the salt factory.

edit: Dmavs41 has alts? :ISHFACE:
    Last edited by pastis; 07-06-2015 at 03:15 AM.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    what are you talking about? Mavs41 is surely one of the best and most obejctive posters here on ISH. And you? another annoying Kobe stan. You know what, at least there are some Kobe stans who are funny like MR. Jabbar or a little bit objective like specialque. You are just another annoying Kobe Stan visiting every day the salt factory.

edit: Dmavs41 has alts? :ISHFACE
    Is that so? I guess by now he has a solid following.... nonsense spreads fast in this forum. If Pauk, Silk and others can get a following, you have to figure a try hard in this forum will too. 22k post - sweet Jesus.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 07-06-2015 at 03:22 AM.

Is that so?
    He's more objective than you, that's for sure.

melo gets so much flack but two seasons ago he was 3rd in MVP voting. . So does dwight. But I think if melo did not have messed up knee it would be him but now its Kawhi.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Springsteen
    He's more objective than you, that's for sure.
    I don't pretend to be. I tried when my account was in its infancy.... I quickly learned what ISH is all about. Great for game threads - that's about it.