I rule the local playground Fork's Avatar

Default Re: 2016 Eastern Conference Playoff Teams

Why are the Bulls so overrated every damn season

They're like the Clippers of the East

Quote Originally Posted by Fork

Because Jordan win 6 championships many many years ago. For some reason that makes their current team more hyped.

I rule the local playground Fork's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Because Jordan win 6 championships many many years ago. For some reason that makes their current team more hyped.
    I'm not questioning the historicity of the franchise, I'm just referring to these past couple seasons. Furthermore, I compared them to the Clippers not because they are the same historically (The Bulls are way better obviously), but because of how during these last few seasons the Clippers are always hyped up and said to go to the Finals and WCF

NBA sixth man of the year

Cavs
    Bulls
    Hawks
    Bucks
    Raptors
    Celtics
    Wizards
    Heat

The Cavs should win the east this year if they stay healthy.The Hawks could fall further... They mostly escaped injury until the end of the season last year and they were far worse in the 2nd half of the season than the first. Their wings are basically all backups this year... And we know Splitter will miss 20-30 games because he does so every year. They will regress this year.

The Bulls should get 2nd seed if they stay reasonably healthy. I suspect they will do that. The rest is tough because most every team will be in the playoff race this year. There might be only one or two teams that end up with no shot to make the playoffs in the east.... Boston played much better in the 2nd half, and The Wizards haven't improved their team and that front line is getting older and older. The only way they get a top 4 spot in the east is if someone like Otto Porter explodes.

The Bucks will better with Monroe... They might even jump to number 3 seed and ahead of the Hawks. I think the Heat will get 8th seed due to Whiteside. He will make the all star team this year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RIP CITY
    Yeah, unfortunately I have to agree. I think the Pistons improved their depth, maybe slightly improved the starting Forward positions overall, at least in terms of how the pieces fit together but I don't see them making the Playoffs. I could see them possibly making a push for the 8th Seed if the chemistry is good but I just don't see us making the Playoffs.

They made some solid cheap additions but they are still lacking in talent top to bottom.
    I just don't know what's wrong with the Pistons. They have had some good players on their roster since their last Conference Finals appearance, but just haven't been able to get over the hump.

I'm missing the Palace in the playoffs and I'm missing the Palace being packed with fans. I do think Stanley Johnson is a step in the right direction, as was Andre Drummond, and acquiring Reggie Jackson. Now Stan Van Gundy needs to prove himself as a GM that he can turn this team around by flipping assets and surrounding this team with unselfish but effective role players and hope to recreate the mid 2000s Detriot Pistons where they grind wins.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fork

The Bulls are supposed to be the team that can beat Lebron, but haven't been able to stop him. They have Jimmy Butler and Joakim Noah, that's a good start for an elite defense, but their offense isn't stable without guys that can knockdown three pointers. Either Derrick Rose or Jimmy Butler is gonna have to start becoming knockdown shooters because the offense of those two players are predictable and containable.