Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Where Would You Rank Peak Kevin McHale Today?

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    He'd be worse defensively but better offensively in today's league.
    Why, worse defensively?

Better offensively? Probably when you look to the current crop of bigmen yea, but wouldn't make HIM necessarly better.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Best big man for sure, top 5 player
    can u fcking imagine Mchales torture chamber of a postgame with the arsenal of shots and footwork in todays league with these post defenders he was a really good defender and rebounder too
    are the current bigs right now THAT bad from the defensive standpoint? I thought the complaint was always the lack of DRob/ Dream-esque 2wayers.

Anyway, McHale had beast defensive versatility. Dude was 6'10 with 7'5 wingspan and was able to guard Dominique Wilkins as well as anyone could have so I have no doubt he'd do a pretty decent job on KD and Lebron. Maybe not my first choice as a defensive anchor, but no slouch. Smart cutter and elite post skills means he'd be hanging around 20 ppg. Maybe 7-10 rebounds(I know big descrepancy) depending on who his teammates are and what kind of defensive role he was put in. He was a better rebounder than his numbers suggested though, it's just that he played with Bird and Chief and one of the best bench centers ever: bill Walton.

NBA Legend

One of the game's most underrated players.

Dudes like him, Kidd, D-Rob etc don't get their due on all time lists because of all the rings/sidekick/fmvp retard rhetoric. I'd take any of those guys over Kobe, EASY.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    Why, worse defensively?

Better offensively? Probably when you look to the current crop of bigmen yea, but wouldn't make HIM necessarly better.
    Big men have to come out on hard shows or switches a lot more. He'd have trouble not fouling quick guards (as everyone does). Offensively, he'd put up better numbers not because of a weaker crop of big men as much as the way the game is officiated now. His game is very conducive to drawing ticky tack fouls.

Do these things make him worse or better? Maybe not but the results on the course would be as such.