Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bush personally offended by Trump's remarks

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    It works in the midterms when minorities and youth, who make up the Democrat's base, don't show up but it'll cost them again and again in the Presidential elections. And I'm not only talking about winning and losing. The GOP has gone off the rails to the right the past couple years to the point that great Republican Presidents like Eisenhower would get criticized today for being a "RINO" or "too liberal" despite being pretty conservative.

America in general has move too far to the right in the past 30 years and it's a swing that I believe hasn't helped us. We as a country need to move to the left because far right wing politics is just hurting us
    Are you joking?

How the hell has America moved to the right?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Are you joking?

How the hell has America moved to the right?
    The US has absolutely moved to the right since the 80s. Our Democrats are considered right wing in Canada and Europe

The US has absolutely moved to the right since the 80s. Our Democrats are considered right wing in Canada and Europe
    This doesn't explain how the United States has moved to the right. You just re asserted it without explanation.

And no, people in Canada and Europe do not consider the democrats to be right wing. They are quite clearly understood to be the left wing party.

This doesn't explain how the United States has moved to the right. You just re asserted it without explanation.

And no, people in Canada and Europe do not consider the democrats to be right wing. They are quite clearly understood to be the left wing party.
    Specifically Reaganomics and the following Presidents have continued that. It started with decreasing government and now we've got candidates wanting to gut Medicare and hacks like Jindal and Brownback in office

Left wing in terms of American politics. Not in terms of their politics

It hasn't.

And since blacks (95%) and Hispanics (80%) vote Democrat, with their continued insistence to **** like stoned rabbits (thus more free shit), the country will continue to move farther and farther left.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    It hasn't.

And since blacks (95%) and Hispanics (80%) vote Democrat, with their continued insistence to **** like stoned rabbits (thus more free shit), the country will continue to move farther and farther left.
    Never got this idea. From how I see it, the Republicans have alienated the minority vote but they've came up with this idea that Democrats are tricking them with free stuff. Ok, let's say that Nixon applying the Southern Strategy and gaining the support of the racist Dixiecrats had nothing to do with it. Let's even assume Reagan expanding the War on Drugs had nothing to do with it and it's just because of 'free stuff'.

Why do most minority groups vote against Republicans? Asians are a pretty successful group yet voted for Democrats at a even higher rate than Hispanics. Jewish Americans are the most successful group in the country. Also overwhelmingly voted Democrat. I think Republicans need to stop crying about 'free stuff'. They've spent the last 40 years courting and pandering to the Evangelical crowd and are now feeling the consequences. Time to face it head on instead of complaining about 'free stuff'

Specifically Reaganomics and the following Presidents have continued that. It started with decreasing government and now we've got candidates wanting to gut Medicare and hacks like Jindal and Brownback in office

Left wing in terms of American politics. Not in terms of their politics
    You know "Reaganomics" is not actually a thing, right? It's just a political buzzword.

People generally use it to mean things like lower taxes and a market with minimal government interference. The reality though is that Reagan actually raised taxes a bunch of times. Not like 2 or 3 times either. Double digits.

Give some specific policies that you believe have moved significantly to the right since the 80s.

Never got this idea. From how I see it, the Republicans have alienated the minority vote but they've came up with this idea that Democrats are tricking them with free stuff. Ok, let's say that Nixon applying the Southern Strategy and gaining the support of the racist Dixiecrats had nothing to do with it. Let's even assume Reagan expanding the War on Drugs had nothing to do with it and it's just because of 'free stuff'.

Why do most minority groups vote against Republicans? Asians are a pretty successful group yet voted for Democrats at a even higher rate than Hispanics. Jewish Americans are the most successful group in the country. Also overwhelmingly voted Democrat. I think Republicans need to stop crying about 'free stuff'. They've spent the last 40 years courting and pandering to the Evangelical crowd and are now feeling the consequences. Time to face it head on instead of complaining about 'free stuff'
    Blacks vote democrat because they are told to. If voting Democrat was so awesome, why are they worse now they before Obama took office? They are worse off now in nearly every, single, statistical category you can find. They fall farther and farther behind every decade. So why do they continue to vote for Democrats? Your guess is as good as mine, maybe you can help explain it.

In my world, you work for your welfare. You saw what happened in (I believe) New Hampshire when they instituted a 20 hour work week for welfare? 76% of the welfare recipients didnt apply again.

I believe in a world where hard work pays off. It has in my world. Minorities, especially the black community, don't (not all blacks, so spare me the 'you're a racist drivel). 'Reparations, son, money son, **** all that education bullshit gimme my money.' I have several friends (white and black) who are still saying the same shit. And they are still losers.

The only Hispanics who vote Republicans are the religious ones. The rest, guess what, want more shit. It's not hard to figure out. Relaxed border control. More welfare programs they can (illegally) exploit. How much is LA County paying for illegals? Way too ****ing much, but it aint my money so more power to them (for as long as they can, obviously, as they are about to default).

And your Asian voting point isn't relevant, because its not like they 'overwhelmingly' voted for one party or the other. Not to mention they make up less than 5% of the country.

3. While Asian Americans identify with the Democratic Party by a 20-point margin, currently they favor Democrats in the 2014 election by a smaller, 14-point margin, 42-28.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...e-in-5-charts/
    I'm not rich, nor am I (entirely) white, so why do I vote Republican? Because our country is fat, lazy, stupid as shit, constantly 'offended' and only getting worse by the day, and I can point to Democrat policies (and, in general, left leaning policies) as a direct result.
    Last edited by UK2K; 07-06-2015 at 03:35 PM.

You know "Reaganomics" is not actually a thing, right? It's just a political buzzword.

People generally use it to mean things like lower taxes and a market with minimal government interference. The reality though is that Reagan actually raised taxes a bunch of times. Not like 2 or 3 times either. Double digits.

Give some specific policies that you believe have moved significantly to the right since the 80s.
    Decreasing marginal tax rates, removing regulations on banks, housing, and many other markets (Clinton also gets blame for this), end of many Great Society welfare programs etc.. A lot of this was also under a Democratic Presidents so I wonder why 'Conservatives' hate Bill Clinton and Obama

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Blacks vote democrat because they are told to. If voting Democrat was so awesome, why are they worse now they before Obama took office? They are worse off now in nearly every, single, statistical category you can find. They fall farther and farther behind every decade. So why do they continue to vote for Democrats? Your guess is as good as mine, maybe you can help explain it.

In my world, you work for your welfare. You saw what happened in (I believe) New Hampshire when they instituted a 20 hour work week for welfare? 76% of the welfare recipients didnt apply again.

I believe in a world where hard work pays off. It has in my world. Minorities, especially the black community, don't (not all blacks, so spare me the 'you're a racist drivel). 'Reparations, son, money son, **** all that education bullshit gimme my money.' I have several friends (white and black) who are still saying the same shit. And they are still losers.

The only Hispanics who vote Republicans are the religious ones. The rest, guess what, want more shit. It's not hard to figure out.

And your Asian voting point isn't relevant, because its not like they 'overwhelmingly' voted for one party or the other. Not to mention they make up less than 5% of the country.

I'm not rich, nor am I (entirely) white, so why do I vote Republican? Because our country is fat, lazy, stupid as shit, constantly 'offended' and only getting worse by the day, and I can point to Democrat policies (and, in general, left leaning policies) as a direct result.
    But why? Blacks used to vote Republican back in the day even when they still received free shit. So what changed. I don't see why you're ignoring the Southern Strategy when the RNC has admitted and apologized for applying it.

In American politics, the Southern strategy refers to a Republican Party strategy in the late 20th century of gaining political support for presidential candidates in the Southern United States by appealing to regional racial tensions and history of segregation.[1][2]

The Democratic Party in the South defended slavery before the American Civil War. After regaining power in state governments in the 1870s, Democrats imposed white supremacy. At the end of the century, southern states passed new constitutions and laws making voter registration and voting more difficult, resulting in disenfranchising most blacks and many poor whites. The South became a one-party region, maintaining political exclusion of minorities well into the 1960s. The Solid South and its political power in Congress was achieved at the expense of African Americans. In the years after World War II, African Americans pressed for civil rights. White Southern Democrats gradually stopped supporting the national party following its adoption of the civil rights plank of the Democratic campaign in 1948 (against which the Dixiecrats formed), support for the African-American Civil Rights Movement, passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, and push for desegregation.

In the mid 1960s, a period of social turmoil, Republican Presidential candidates Senator Barry Goldwater[3][4] and Richard Nixon worked to attract southern white conservative voters to their candidacies and the Republican Party.[5] Barry Goldwater won the five formerly Confederate states of the Deep South (Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, and South Carolina[6][7]) in the 1964 presidential election, but he otherwise won only in his home state of Arizona. In the 1968 presidential campaign, Nixon won Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Tennessee, all former Confederate states, contributing to the electoral realignment of white voters in some Southern states to the Republican Party. After federal civil rights legislation was gained via bipartisan votes, including the Voting Rights Act of 1965, more than 90 percent of black voters registered with the Democratic Party. The VRA provided tools to end their decades-long disenfranchisement by southern states. Hundreds of cases have been litigated to change election systems, such as at-large voting, that have prevented even significant minorities from electing candidates of their choice for city and county positions.

As the twentieth century came to a close, most white voters in the South had shifted to the Republican Party. It began to try to appeal again to black voters and rebuild the political relationship that had lasted through the 1920s, though with little success.[5] In 2005, Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman formally apologized to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), a national civil rights organization, for exploiting racial polarization to win elections and ignoring the black vote.[8][9]
    Asians will vote Democrat again in 2016. Midterm elections favor the Republicans in general that their base shows up to vote.

The 'free shit' doesn't really work and is just conservative talking point nonsense. Democrats have always supported such programs since the 40s but Blacks didn't start voting overwhelmingly for Democrats until the 80s. Try and find a reason why. I think I've provided enough tidbits as to why they'd do that.

No one says that you shouldn't work hard. But it's true that in recent decades, economic mobility has stalled. The American Dream has been dead for a while. The Boomers might say they worked really hard for what they have but they were given tons of handouts after WWII. Funny that they turn around and try and force everyone else to work their way up with no assistance
    Last edited by KingBeasley08; 07-06-2015 at 03:39 PM.

You know, Ann Coulter made an incredible point on this exact matter.

People always talk about the various minority votes, but...... what about the white vote? Everybody says the republicans need to try to get more Hispanic votes. Why? The republicans would need to get 40% of the Hispanic vote just to make it close. Why bother? If the republicans simply picked up another 3% of the white vote? they will win by a landslide. Isn't that actually astonishing?

Keep in mind, that the republicans already comfortably win the white vote every election. Would it really be that difficult to pick up another 3% of whites? Imagine if the republicans decided to start openly pandering to whites the way the democrats pander to minority groups?

You, Ann Coulter made an incredible point on this exact matter.

People always talk about the various minority votes, but...... what about the white vote? Everybody says the republicans need to try to get more Hispanic votes. Why? The republicans would need to get 40% of the Hispanic vote just to make it close. Why bother? If the republicans simply picked up another 3% of the white vote? they will win by a landslide. Isn't that actually astonishing?

Keep in mind, that the republicans already comfortably win the white vote every election. Would it really be that difficult to pick up another 3% of whites? Imagine if the republicans decided to start openly pandering to whites the way the democrats pander to minority groups?
    Well, they already do and I'm not saying they shouldn't. I was replying to his point that Blacks only vote Democrat for free stuff. I argued that Republicans have been pandering to the White Vote and neglected all minorities. That's a bigger reason why Blacks don't vote GOP just like Hispanics, Asians, Indians etc..

And they have been pandering to the White vote. The Evangelical voting bank is the strongest base of the GOP by far and it has been since they began targeting those voters in the 60s. Let's not act like both parties don't pander to their base. That's politics

Decent playground baller

I'm personally offended by another Bush running for president.

Well, they already do and I'm not saying they shouldn't. I was replying to his point that Blacks only vote Democrat for free stuff. I argued that Republicans have been pandering to the White Vote and neglected all minorities. That's a bigger reason why Blacks don't vote GOP just like Hispanics, Asians, Indians etc..

And they have been pandering to the White vote. The Evangelical voting bank is the strongest base of the GOP by far and it has been since they began targeting those voters in the 60s. Let's not act like both parties don't pander to their base. That's politics
    No they don't. In the south, they pandered to the racist white vote. That's a fact. But they have never at a national level pandered to the white vote.

When have you ever heard politicians talk about whites the way they do with blacks, gays, women, Hispanics? You haven't. Politicians never say shit like "how we can help white people", "policies that will benefit whites families" or any of that kind of nonsense. And rightfully so. In my opinion, politics should't be pandering to ANY identity group.

And people are right to say democrats tricked minority groups into voting for them. The republican was always known as the party for the black man.

The democrats were pro slavery, pro confederacy, pro KKK, pro segregation, etc... The democrats were the enemy of the black man for the entirety of American history, but then LBJ came along and said "give them a little something. Nothing that makes a difference... I'll have these [COLOR="Black"]ni[/COLOR]ggers eating out of our hands for the next 200 years".

Decreasing marginal tax rates, removing regulations on banks, housing, and many other markets (Clinton also gets blame for this), end of many Great Society welfare programs etc.. A lot of this was also under a Democratic Presidents so I wonder why 'Conservatives' hate Bill Clinton and Obama

But why? Blacks used to vote Republican back in the day even when they still received free shit. So what changed. I don't see why you're ignoring the Southern Strategy when the RNC has admitted and apologized for applying it.

Asians will vote Democrat again in 2016. Midterm elections favor the Republicans in general that their base shows up to vote.

The 'free shit' doesn't really work and is just conservative talking point nonsense. Democrats have always supported such programs since the 40s but Blacks didn't start voting overwhelmingly for Democrats until the 80s. Try and find a reason why. I think I've provided enough tidbits as to why they'd do that.

No one says that you shouldn't work hard. But it's true that in recent decades, economic mobility has stalled. The American Dream has been dead for a while. The Boomers might say they worked really hard for what they have but they were given tons of handouts after WWII. Funny that they turn around and try and force everyone else to work their way up with no assistance
    "Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference... I'll have them ******s voting Democratic for the next two hundred years".

That is the strategy... but not of Republicans. Who said that quote? Any guesses? The last KKK member in Congress, what party did he belong to? You got this, it was only about six years ago.

My dream is alive and well. I've come up from nothing to living a sweet life. Because the American Dream is dead for those who won't sacrifice for it, doesn't mean its dead for everyone. No matter where you grew up, what race, or wealthy your family is, you can be anything you want, if you are willing to sacrifice. Because most aren't, that's their fault, and I have no sympathy.

Just like most democrats on political message boards I speak with, you will run and throw out excuses as to why you can't be something. Excuses, not reasons. Everyone has hardships in their lives. Not everyone has excuses.

Everything that has happened to me, good and bad, is because I did or didn't do something. That's a fact. In everyone's lives.
    Last edited by UK2K; 07-06-2015 at 04:16 PM.

Damn Beasley murdering our resident rednecks