Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: LaMarcus Aldridge Is A Diva

Quote Originally Posted by blazerftc
    I actually remember another article, also by Quick I believe, written after we had to amnesty Brandon Roy. He had an interview with LMA where he said something like "people forget that I was the number two pick in that draft."

It's been happening for a while. Beat writers aren't in the business of running down players on the current roster, however.
    Perhaps there have been a reports of him being a little sensitive but as Kahn said above, the league is infused with egomaniacs. It's nothing out of the ordinary. This bitter beat writer produced a piece that epitomizes click bait. Whiney nuisance or not, the guy busted his off for that team for nearly a decade. He didn't deserve to be lowballed like this. Especially not for the sole purpose of selling a story. Which is exactly what this little punk was trying to do

the WHITE side

"I am."

You're ready to lose 50 games each year? Hahaha!

Rest in piss, portLand!!!!

Whining to the media that you're not an all-star = being a diva

This must be true i remember Aldridge's puclic temper tantrum when he wasnt selected for the All-star game... oh wait.

Even if this was true, there is no way to write this and not come off sounding salty as hell at this point.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Meh...

For 9 or whatever years, we haven't heard a single peep about LMA being a Prima Donna of any sort. He takes his talents elsewhere and all of sudden he's the worst thing the city has seen since the Jailblazers Typical media robot attempting to capitalize on a gaping opportunity.
    No way, even ESPN picked up on Aldridge's insecurities. This isn't anything new if you're a Blazer fan.

espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/5762/lamarcus-aldridge-handle-with-care

This article pretty much confirms Aldridge's emotional issues and paranoia....from having management cater to his needs to holding a grudge against a nice teammate like Brandon Roy because Roy forgot to invite Aldridge to a BBQ.

The guy is great and I'll miss him but he was nuts....like a psychotic ex-GF.

As for the Oregonian article? Jason Quick is a douchebag and Portland fans don't like him either. He wrote a similar article attacking various personalities when he "left" the Blazers...only to return the next year.
    Last edited by Joshumitsu; 07-04-2015 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshumitsu
    No way, even ESPN picked up on Aldridge's insecurities. This isn't anything new if you're a Blazer fan.

espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/5762/lamarcus-aldridge-handle-with-care

This article pretty much confirms Aldridge's emotional issues and paranoia....from having management cater to his needs to holding a grudge against a nice teammate like Brandon Roy because Roy forgot to invite Aldridge to a BBQ.

The guy is great and I'll miss him but he was nuts....like a psychotic ex-GF.

As for the Oregonian article? Jason Quick is a douchebag and Portland fans don't like him either. He wrote a similar article attacking various personalities when he "left" the Blazers...only to return the next year.
    Yeah after doing a bit of digging I've heard the same about Quick.

I just find it a little irksome that he went in on him like that and sugar coated it with hollow compliments. It just came off as classless and infantile to me. With that said, I alsoalso wasn't aware of the flaws in LMA's character either.

Anyways... Cest La Vie

I rule the local playground Svendiggity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Lillard doesn't care about making sure everybody knows he's a star?

Is that why he bitched and moaned his way onto the all-star team?
    stfu with this already. All he did was say he felt disrespected. If you knew anything about Lillards story you would know he doesn't cry about anything in Basketball. He's not afraid to voice his opinion, it's a sign of strength, not weakness.