Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: Lakers got too cute and it's biting us in the ass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Needed best talent available, which I agree with Lakers FO is Russel and not Okafor, just give it a few years.
    he gets it....

College superstar

Wait up i thought Russell was the next Magic?

We did the right thing and took the BAP. Russell will be a star and be better than Okafor imo. You don't draft for need and think just a year or two ahead. You draft for the future and who you think will be the best player. That was Russell.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Unless something crazy happens...it all comes down to this year and their draft pick.

If they get a top 3 pick...they'll have an extremely bright future and will absolutely be able to attract guys in free agency starting next summer.

If they have to give the 5th pick or something to the Sixers...it's ****ing brutal and an epic disaster.

Just tank for Ben Simmons...I'm sure the NBA will rig it up to him to LA anyway.
    Even if we lose our pick, I like our future odds. With Kobe coming off the books, and hopefully a Nick Young trade in the future, we'll be able to offer two max contracts next summer. There's no guarantee we sign anyone, but at least our team will have a direction. The last few years have been horrible. We've been stuck between rebuilding and trying to get pieces to help Kobe go out with a bang.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    do you not credit jim buss for running a good organisation?
    of course but they've been living off their off season from 96 for the past 20 years...

also makes your job easier when all you have to do is add role players to your team for 20 years while two top 10 goats peak on your team..

Lol Russell was the best available player for us.

For what it is worth, I think the Lakers made the right move in the draft regardless of free agency. Many people saw Russell as the better player and a guy with true superstar potential. I think its a delayed gratification move but a few years down the road, Lakers fans will be thrilled that they got this guy.

Forget all the on-court stuff, Russell seems to be pretty mature for his age, has that work ethic and mentality that I think will lead him to being a damn good player in the NBA, the way people talk about his attitude and mindset reminds me of another Russell.......Wilson.

Yeah the Lakers won't be competing for shit next year but it'll make it that much sweeter when Randle and Russell develop and they add some more talent through FA. I do agree with Windhorst that Aldridge gave the Lakers a wakeup call and I believe that they'll be all the better for it as they adjust going forward.
    Last edited by PejaNowitzki; 07-04-2015 at 06:32 PM.

Shows how great Jerry Buss was dudes rollin in his grave