Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I rep Lakers!

Default Lakers got too cute and it's biting us in the ass!!!

On draft night we should have taken the best player available which was Okafor. We only took Russell because we thought we could land a Big in FA. Stupid!! We mortgaged our entire future on something we have failed at the last 2 seasons.

As a Lakers fan I wasn't even overly excited about this FA period because we had the #2 pick and we had control of our future. We should have a core of Clarkson/Randle/Okafor + some solid FA who could contribute.

I rep Lakers!

Default Re: Lakers got too cute and it's biting us in the ass!!!

In my mind the Front office looks like this.

Shit I hope when Kobe retires he buys the team from these entitled idiots and runs the Lakers like the Alpha he is

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

just goes to show that our FO is overrated af and honestly just got extremely lucky in 96 and have literally been eating off that for the past 20 years..

The ISH'ers Champion!

Our weakness has been the PG position for the longest time. With Kobe out in a few years who's out there to fill the heavy scoring load on the guard spots?

Dreaming of Westbrook and Durant? Cause Bron ain't coming....

We'll get a solid big sooner or later. This decade is a bit experimental when it comes to free agency and such - LeBaldo started a precedent, accentuated by the new CBA. Perhaps mister Buss who may RIP should of been stubborn and dirty and made his voice heard, lash out etc like clowns with less power like Cuban, Gilbert and company do....

Stern (Chris Paul trade) and the new CBA ****ed us up. Simple as that. Buss heeded and posed no opposition to anything in the owner meetings when we had and commended power. Now we raking.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 07-04-2015 at 02:04 PM.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    Our weakness has been the PG position for the longest time. With Kobe out in a few years who's out there to fill the heavy scoring load on the guard spots?

Dreaming of Westbrook and Durant? Cause Bron ain't coming....

We'll get a solid big sooner or later.
    We had Clarkson. And I don't even see Russell as a PG. He's going to be a ball dominate SG like Harden.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    We had Clarkson. And I don't even see Russell as a PG. He's going to be a ball dominate SG like Harden.
    He doesn't have the size to be a true SG and he doesn't have the athleticism to mimick (combo-guard) one either. He's a big PG.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Unless something crazy happens...it all comes down to this year and their draft pick.

If they get a top 3 pick...they'll have an extremely bright future and will absolutely be able to attract guys in free agency starting next summer.

If they have to give the 5th pick or something to the Sixers...it's ****ing brutal and an epic disaster.

Just tank for Ben Simmons...I'm sure the NBA will rig it up to him to LA anyway.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Unless something crazy happens...it all comes down to this year and their draft pick.

If they get a top 3 pick...they'll have an extremely bright future and will absolutely be able to attract guys in free agency starting next summer.

If they have to give the 5th pick or something to the Sixers...it's ****ing brutal and an epic disaster.

Just tank for Ben Simmons...I'm sure the NBA will rig it up to him to LA anyway.
    not really

JC, Russ and Julius are pretty much locks to be pretty good NBA players, with Russ having superstar potential..

and with the ability to give any FA the max and the option for them to bring along any other FA they want with them next year is huge

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    He doesn't have the size to be a true SG and he doesn't have the athleticism to mimick (combo-guard) one either. He's a big PG.
    He does have the size. He's 6'5 like Harden he just needs to bulk up. And he is not athletic but he can gets to his spots on the floor and he is crafty with the ball and he can shoot. He can also play on or off the ball so it makes sense he would play at the 2.

I rep Lakers!

Screw the draft. We need to sign guys who can contribute right now and help us win. If we tank this year we are the 76ers of the West and that is just pathetic. They can have our pick for all I care.

We have a young core already. We didn't even take the best players with our 27 and 34th picks we took a senior (Nance) and a 5th year senior (Brown). Lakers aren't trying to get younger.

Good college starter

Yeah, nice try Dirk Stanley.

Regardless of what happens with this years pick or not the Lakers future is brighter than the Mavs one. It has nothing to do with picking the pick or not,*its about letting DRussell, Randle and Clarkson get some run together and have free agents take notice like Greg Monroe did with the Bucks young squad.

Screw the draft. We need to sign guys who can contribute right now and help us win. If we tank this year we are the 76ers of the West and that is just pathetic. They can have our pick for all I care.

We have a young core already. We didn't even take the best players with our 27 and 34th picks we took a senior (Nance) and a 5th year senior (Brown). Lakers aren't trying to get younger.

It's this mentality that has gotten them in trouble though. That young core you're talking about? We don't even know how they're going to turn out.

IMO Clarkson is solid but a tad bit overrated. I'd like to see him again this year with some more experience under his belt.

Randle and Russell are question marks right now. This needs to be a slow careful process. Can't always go swinging for the fences in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    just goes to show that our FO is overrated af and honestly just got extremely lucky in 96 and have literally been eating off that for the past 20 years..
    do you not credit jim buss for running a good organisation?

they had a decent shot at getting one of the three of LA, love or cousins. it just didnt work out

russell isnt much worse as a prospect than okafor, it was worth the risk imo.

On draft night we should have taken the best player available which was Okafor. We only took Russell because we thought we could land a Big in FA. Stupid!! We mortgaged our entire future on something we have failed at the last 2 seasons.

As a Lakers fan I wasn't even overly excited about this FA period because we had the #2 pick and we had control of our future. We should have a core of Clarkson/Randle/Okafor + some solid FA who could contribute.
    Needed best talent available, which I agree with Lakers FO is Russel and not Okafor, just give it a few years.