Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    kobetard

Default Re: The Lakers Meltdown Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    I hate to break it to you, but kobe is part of nearly half of all their LA championships.

Basically, the lakers have the kobe era (five champs), the showtime era (5 champs), and 1 other championship in LA (the remaining 5 were in Minny).

So, as much as you can claim the lakers are always good, the data shows thats not really true. They had two "dynasty" periods that account for 10 of their 11 titles. and kobe was the lynchpin (if not the most important player) in one of those periods
    And in a few years the D'angelo Russell dynasty era begins.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    Did you mean Kobe fans? Hate to break it to you, but the Lakers have been hanging banners long before the Kobe era. I remember the Cedric Ceballos/Sedale Threat, etc days. I think we will somehow survive this dip in excellence and be back to winning titles in short order.

Enjoy your run and best of luck to your team.
    bingo

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    Did you mean Kobe fans? Hate to break it to you, but the Lakers have been hanging banners long before the Kobe era. I remember the Cedric Ceballos/Sedale Threat, etc days. I think we will somehow survive this dip in excellence and be back to winning titles in short order.

Enjoy your run and best of luck to your team.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IMObjective
    perhaps.....

I think that LAL fans tend to have an entitled attitude (we are always a contender) when thats not really true. They had two incredible dynasties (among the best dynasties in the history of the league). There is no guarantee that will happen again.

I dont know what to think about Russell. My head tells me hes not really that special, but we will see.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IMObjective
    already has begun, don't be surprised when you see him average 27/5/5 this upcoming season while taking home ROY, MVP, and most improved player honors

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    already has begun, don't be surprised when you see him average 27/5/5 this upcoming season while taking home ROY, MVP, and most improved player honors
    i'm pretty sure you don't get most improved player in your first year

anyways.. bunch of butthurt nervous Laker haters around here... you can tell how the lakers future looks based on the # of threads the trolls make... Judging by the sheer volume of threads since the draft Lakers future looks pretty damn good