Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Spurs would be Western favorites with LMA

Jordan Schultz
    @Schultz_Report
    Source: Suns are getting closer to signing LaMarcus Aldridge. No more meetings between the two sides unless he visits PHX.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

They shouldn't be more favored than the Warriors with LMA at this point. Not that the Spurs wouldn't be amazing...they would be...and you trust Pop/Duncan to make this work.

Tpols has a good point about Parker...and that is definitely a concern...especially if Manu is back as well...that just isn't they pairing it used to be obviously...and it's hard to understand how those guys don't keep getting worse.

I have concerns about LMA...his scoring efficiency has been very poor for 3 years now and is trending even worse in the playoffs. You combine that with his seemingly lack of willingness to play center and allow his teams to go small (which will be vital for any team contending with him)...and there is legit cause for concern.

My guess would be that if he goes to the Spurs all those things work themselves out because LMA is awesome and Pop/Duncan generally get the best out of everyone.

Really interesting though it's taking this long...there seems to be a lot of truth to LMA just never wanting to do the dirty work and play center. If that is the case...I'm not sure the Spurs are a great fit. Part of what makes the Spurs is guys willing to take on any role....LMA doesn't strike me as that guy right now.

Could be, but I'd be a bit worried as a Spurs fan.

The loss of Splitter hurts them if they don't get LMA, but they'd still have a lot of cap room and a guy like David West and another piece or two might be just as good or better short term...

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Jordan Schultz
    @Schultz_Report
    Source: Suns are getting closer to signing LaMarcus Aldridge. No more meetings between the two sides unless he visits PHX.

The epitome of a dark horse.

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Jordan Schultz
    @Schultz_Report

Well...this makes sense. The Suns are like the one team in the league that wouldn't need LMA to ever play center...as long as they keep Len next to Tyson.

Damn...did not see this coming 4 days ago. Well played Suns...

Still don't like that Knight contract...and giving up Markief Morris in this sign and trade will hurt them more than most think imo, but still a great haul if they get this done.

Check that...sorry Suns...WOJ Bomb:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m2 minutes ago
    Free agent LaMarcus Aldridge will sign with the San Antonio Spurs, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

The universe makes sense after all...

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Spurs got a year older.
    Every season I see this shit. I mean, yeah, logically it's true, but a season ago when they were old and done they completely dismantled the Super Friends and won a championship. Age apparently doesn't factor in with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Every season I see this shit. I mean, yeah, logically it's true, but a season ago when they were old and done they completely dismantled the Super Friends and won a championship. Age apparently doesn't factor in with this team.
    They also have this guy named Leonard...who is one of the most valuable players in the league and on a great contract locked up long term now.

Leonard is like at worst the 10th best player in the league. He's amazing...and he's only going to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    They also have this guy named Leonard...who is one of the most valuable players in the league and on a great contract locked up long term now.

Leonard is like at worst the 10th best player in the league. He's amazing...and he's only going to get better.
    Yeah. People here always ignore the other younger, great players on this team, as if every team is as top-heavy as the Thunder, the Cavs, etc.

Does this mean 2/7 guaranteed?