Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: 2015 FIBA Under-19 World Championship Greece Vs. USA Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fandarko
    Well, Greece only had Rentzias and Kakiousis.

And Marbury dominating the Chinese league (which was even more a joke than today back in his time) don't mean shit.
    I believe Kalaitzis and Papanikolaou were also on that team.

Anyway, just like I said, if Charalampopoulos would have been healthy, Greece would have won the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    gabepizza and his alt account needs to take a 3 day ban.
    Don't have a clue who Gabepizza is, nor do I care.

But, let's have your excuses on the Greece loss and subsequent Papagiannis meltdown.

Papgiannis...from 1st pick in the '16 NBA draft...to probably not making a US college team.

Well, there is always Euroleague, where NBA flops go on to dominate.

Anyway, just like I said, if Charalampopoulos would have been healthy, Greece would have won the game.
    Oh...here it comes...

A team of US scrubs whips the best of Greece..and in a game in which Papagiannis was a non-factor...

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

this idiot from arkansas is still touting greece hoops?

Quote Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
    this idiot from arkansas is still touting greece hoops?
    So USA beat Greece that was playing without 3 of its 5 best players, that was playing without its starting back court, that had its 2nd best player playing with a bad injury, and only won the game due to missed free throws..........

Wow, I am so IMPRESSED with what Team USA did.

MIND BLOWN.

They would have lost by 15-20 points if Greece had their starting guards.

It's actually quite a pathetic performance by Team USA. If anything, it only showed the level of Greek basketball is higher than I thought it was.

With 3rd string guards they only lost to USA because of missed free throws.

The only idiots are the idiots like you that believe any NBA team could hang for one second with a European team.

My God, a Pan European team would beat them by 50 points.

So USA beat Greece that was playing without 3 of its 5 best players, that was playing without its starting back court, that had its 2nd best player playing with a bad injury, and only won the game due to missed free throws..........

MIND BLOWN.

It's actually quite a pathetic performance by Team USA. If anything, it only showed the level of Greek basketball is higher than I thought it was.

The only idiots are the idiots like you that believe any NBA team could hang for one second with a European team.

Let's compare actual talent in 2-3 years from now, shall we? I strongly suspect that the best of the US in today's game will look nothing at all like the best of the US draft picks in '17 and '18.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Let's compare actual talent in 2-3 years from now, shall we? I strongly suspect that the best of the US in today's game will look nothing at all like the best of the US draft picks in '17 and '18.
    Why is this racist piece of shit still posting?

NBA Superstar

MIND BLOWN.

Damn, you've fallen off.

Papagiannis, in the biggest game of his career, and against mostly scrubs from the US...

10 points, on 5-9 shooting (NO FTAs either), with 4 rebounds..

So ends this ridiculous argument that he would be a 1st round NBA draft pick in 2016.

I doubt he even enters the draft, and likely will wind up as a backup in the Euroleague.

And if the US would have sent some quality players...can you imagine the carpet-bombing the US would have blasted the Greeks with?
    Last edited by LAZERUSS; 07-04-2015 at 06:11 PM.

Papagiannis dunking all over the "athletically superior" Team USA........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN6dbshRLts

Too bad they didn't also show the clips where he was swatting the shots into the stands also.

Yeah, sure looks like a "big slow, non athletic stiff that can't jump or dunk".

Papagiannis dunking all over the "athletically superior" Team USA........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN6dbshRLts

Too bad they didn't also show the clips where he was swatting the shots into the stands also.

Yeah, sure looks like a "big slow, non athletic stiff that can't jump or dunk".

Did you actually watch that footage?

The US players were running wild and throwing down thunderous dunks all over the place.

BTW, I saw exactly THREE wide-open dunks by Papagiannis in that 1:36 "highlight" reel. And judging by his overall stats...that was the complete extent of his game.

You just made yourself look ridiculous.

Papagiannis...the next Uwe Blab.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    And if the US would have sent some quality players...can you imagine the carpet-bombing the US would have blasted the Greeks with?
    According to USA Basketball itself, the coaches spend months on end scouting all over all of the top high school AAU and EYBL circuits, as well as NCAA Division I and Nike Hoops Summit, McDonald's All American game, Jordan Brand Classic, etc., top pick the top 36 players available.

Then out of that top 36 players a pool of 24 are selected to form a the best "team concept", not just a group of all stars thrown together.

Then those 24 players have to go into a long and extended training camp and earn a place on the 12 man roster.

And just so you know, several players projected to go high in the NBA lottery were in the training camp and got cut.

Oh, and one more thing.....---->