Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Will Chris Paul catch heat for chasing Jordan off the Clippers?

Quote Originally Posted by sfballa13
    Jamal Crawford and CP3
    for
    Kyrie Irving and Varejao

CP3/Delladova
    Shumpert/Crawford
    Lebron/JR Smith
    Love/Thompson
    Mozgov
    JR and Crawford on the same team
    The freakin rim would fall off.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Some sources said that DJ was not black enough for Chris Paul.

I rule the local playground GoSpursGo1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    So much truth here and above.

CP3 is a great...all time great point. No doubt, but people under-rate Curry. No, I don't think Curry is on the Lebron level in impact, but he's was as good or better than anyone else this year...

I like the Dirk comparison for a variety of reasons.

One being that Curry plays under-rated defense at this point in his career. Like Dirk, he struggled very early on, but has rounded into being a plus average defender at his position.

And yes...his impact off the ball and on pick and rolls, like Dirk, is historic.

People need to stop acting like Curry isn't already an all time great player. He is and has been for a couple years now....
    How can you be considered an all time great when you have not won an MVP or even got to the Finals? This means Carmelo is an all time great then. So is Tracy Mcgrady

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpursGo1984
    How can you be considered an all time great when you have not won an MVP or even got to the Finals? This means Carmelo is an all time great then. So is Tracy Mcgrady
    This seams like semantics, but I think CP3 deserves to be considered better than Carmelo for example.

I think how a player plays is always this most important thing...and Paul has routinely played very well overall in the playoffs.

Way way way way better than Melo has in the playoffs.

As for T-Mac...he's hard to place because of his injuries...a healthy T-Mac is definitely an all time great player. LOL

I rule the local playground GoSpursGo1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    This seams like semantics, but I think CP3 deserves to be considered better than Carmelo for example.

I think how a player plays is always this most important thing...and Paul has routinely played very well overall in the playoffs.

Way way way way better than Melo has in the playoffs.

As for T-Mac...he's hard to place because of his injuries...a healthy T-Mac is definitely an all time great player. LOL
    My argument was not for who was better it was just you can not call CP3 an all time great then not call others like Carmelo not an all time great both have achieved about the same thing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

My argument was not for who was better it was just you can not call CP3 an all time great then not call others like Carmelo not an all time great both have achieved about the same thing.
    And my answer is that Paul is a clearly better player than Melo.

You do realize that people actually care about how well players play the damn game...right?

ISH at times is this fake world where people only think about rings. This just isn't how the real world of basketball works.

People care about things like scoring efficiency, playing defense, not being a ball stopper on offense...etc.

The reason Paul is known as an all time great and better than Melo...is because he's a better basketball player.

It's not hard to follow if you can free your brain from the idiotic "ring count" ISH...

Now, I'm not saying winning doesn't matter or anything, but you have to first look at how good a player is. It's easily the most important thing.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Basketball is a team sport, this isn't tennis retard.

Kobe peak/prime as a player, he was missing playoffs and exiting first round... ability and performance of a single player doesn't always mean championships.

LOL at CP3 not being an all time great, top 3 PG ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Clippers say yes and Cavs say no imo. Kyrie's making $19M/year for at least 4 more years. CP3 makes more per year, can leave in two years, and we should expect him to decline physically over that time. Dumping Varajao's deal is good for the Cavs cap-wise, but LBJ wants him around.
    As much as I love watching Kyrie, there's no way you trade for CP3 for him him after he's injured his left knee 4 times in the last four years.