Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Re: So what's next for the Clippys?

Quote Originally Posted by RIP CITY
    Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 5m5 minutes ago
    Hearing Clippers have interest in David West in light of DeAndre Jordan departure
    Who is this Ramona Shelburne **** whose name keeps popping up?

Looks like the mavs and clippers both managed to get worse..

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Had no idea before this offseason, only know who she is because Marc Stein keeps re-tweeting her, she was the first to tweet the Belinelli deal as far as I can tell. Seems to be in the loop on alot of other goings on from reading her timeline.

shhhhhhh

I thought you said you lived in LA? She's one of the top LA basketball writers... possibly the best covering LA sports to be honest

if she says it's true, it's true... she's not like Brossard of some of these other clowns who throw crap up against the wall every 20 minutes hoping it will stick

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    I thought you said you lived in LA? She's one of the top LA basketball writers... possibly the best covering LA sports to be honest

if she says it's true, it's true... she's not like Brossard of some of these other clowns who throw crap up against the wall every 20 minutes hoping it will stick
    I'm in San Diego, not LA.

I don't live here officially yet, but by September, i'll have my own place and everything moved

PADRES BABY. STAY WINNING

shhhhhhh

What can they do? They have no legit center.. they have Hawes and Big Baby.

Are they even in position to be able to sign a center or are they over the cap?

looks like Clippers have about 3 million in cap space without counting the cap holds.... so there's that and however they work it

Man Clippers really missed a window last two years...

shhhhhhh

I'm in San Diego, not LA.

I don't live here officially yet, but by September, i'll have my own place and everything moved

PADRES BABY. STAY WINNING
    aha... keep track of Shelbourne she's an ESPN writer and does quite a bit of fill in for ESPN 710 radio

I love San Diego, we try and get down there a few times a year

Point Loma seafoods for clam chowder, fish and chips a little smoked albacore for the ride home....

Banned

There's a rumour they could make a move for channing frye. Don't know if he is what they need though

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    aha... keep track of Shelbourne she's an ESPN writer and does quite a bit of fill in for ESPN 710 radio

I love San Diego, we try and get down there a few times a year

Point Loma seafoods for clam chowder, fish and chips a little smoked albacore for the ride home....
    I've been enlightened to "California Burritos"

GOOOOD DDAAAMN

Local High School Star

i dont see how you can NOT pay a guy a max contract and you still have no money ?

how does this all work ? why cant they use the money they wouldve spent on him and spend it elsewhere ?

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by icewill36
    i dont see how you can NOT pay a guy a max contract and you still have no money ?

how does this all work ? why cant they use the money they wouldve spent on him and spend it elsewhere ?
    bird rights (named after larry bird)... bird rights allow a team over the cap or near the cap to re-sign their own guy

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Tell me again why the Mavs would try and help the Clippers when they are in the same conference? Lebron did it for Cleveland because he left Cleveland a mess, the Mavs giving the Clips TE gives them a good shot at acquiring Hibbert, it would be dumb of them especially when a S&T is completely unnecessary. They are under the cap. Unless the Clips decide to include Crawford in the deal to sweeten it up...but I doubt it.
    To take Felton (and his $4.5M expiring contract) off the Mavs' hands. Pretty sure that enables them to free up just a little money (<$4M) and then use the Room Exception to round out their rotation.

Still able to do a S&T until the league receives paperwork after the moratorium ends. Do the Mavs have to do anything? No. Will they? Who knows- DJ can kinda force that to happen I guess.

Magic Johnson

It has begun - the Clippers fall from "prominence" and the Lakers return to greatness. Step one: Draft the point guard of the future, get back Randle, re-sign Sacre. Step two: Clips lose Jordan. Step three: Summer of 2016.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Clippers need to pick up Javale McGee ASAP. If theres anyone who can tap into his potential its Chris Paul. Doc Rivers can essentially use McGee in the same way he utilized DJ. He may be a lot dumber but a lot of his attributes are there.

Decent college freshman

Hmmm maybe this isn't feasible, but here goes...

Memphis is willing to facilitate a S&T for Koufos. A contract as a result of a S&T is required to be at least 3 years long, but only 1st year guaranteed. Clippers would need Dallas' help in putting this deal together, so you never know what they decide. They probably don't want to help a rival, but whatever.

Trade 1:
    Mavs Receive: DJ
    Clips Receive: Koufos ($30M/3 years, only 1st year guaranteed), Felton
    Grizz Receive: $10M TPE, 2020 2nd round pick (via LAC)

Trade 2:
    Clips Receive: Jason Thompson
    76ers Receive: Felton, 2019 LAC top 12 protected first round pick

Clippers net badly-needed frontcourt help (with minimal salary commitment beyond 2015-2016), Grizz get a big TPE & second rounder (for somebody who wants out), Philly saves cap space this year and next + gets another first round pick, and Dallas clears out Felton's contract.