Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Decent playground baller coolhandsteve's Avatar

Default How does Mudiay project now that he's in Denver?

It's almost like he's been forgotten, people talking about these other prospects.

Also what the Nuggets gonna do with Lawson/Faried? I think that has an impact on Mudiay as well.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Default Re: How does Mudiay project now that he's in Denver?

I assume year one will be rough. He's only 19. Gonna be a lot of mistakes and a lot of learning.

Lawson should be on the block.

Local High School Star

Until he gets a jumper, I project him as mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09

He's got a lot of time to develop one.

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    That whole notion is a myth. He does have one. Mostly mid range. His 3-point is respectable. He's just such a good finisher he doesn't need to rely on his shot.
    His stats were I believe 49%, 32% 3pt, 52% TS. He hit at least one 3 a game his whole time in China.
    By NBA standards that's a shooter. It's better than Westbrook's numbers and he's considered a good shooter.

5-time NBA All-Star

I think he's got a very good shot as rookie of the year. They run and play to his strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    That whole notion is a myth. He does have one. Mostly mid range. His 3-point is respectable. He's just such a good finisher he doesn't need to rely on his shot.
    His stats were I believe 49%, 32% 3pt, 52% TS. He hit at least one 3 a game his whole time in China.
    By NBA standards that's a shooter. It's better than Westbrook's numbers and he's considered a good shooter.
    Westbrook forces some really tough looks, and still shoots decent percentages, that's why he's still considered a good shooter. Degree of difficulty matters.

I haven't seen any of his games l, just highlights, but that 52% from the line scares me

By all accounts he's a good pick and roll player, but there isn't much shooting around him in denver, or a great pick and roll partner.

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Time for Knicks to get in and get Lawson off Denver's hand.

They have cap space and can probably take back some salary from Denver as well.

Mudiay is a streaky shooter right now but I wouldn't label him as someone who has no jumper. That would be MCW. And I like Mudiay upside, if he has a great work ethic he can improve upon his shooting to really become a floor spacer.

I want to see his athleticism in the NBA tho. He seemed slower in China than HS All American game. Wish Sixers had a way to land him. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz
    Time for Knicks to get in and get Lawson off Denver's hand.

They have cap space and can probably take back some salary from Denver as well.

The Knicks have nothing to offer

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    Nor would they want Lawson. Nugs will be able to find a taker for Lawson, but they should've done it 2-3 years ago at a better value.

I think you are severely limiting mudiay' ceiling if you play him at the 2 w Lawson

Decent college freshman

On surface I agree, but I wouldn't mind packaging Lawson + another vet(s) (who's unlikely to be there long-term) to land Porzingis or something. Knicks just signed Derrick Williams and expect him to be contribute this year. I think you can strike a deal with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    He took only like 38 threes in China, so that sample size is really small. He can shoot, like Gobb said, more in mid range, but his mechanics are somewhat inconsistent (from what I read/heard from those who watched his CBA games live). The fact he's shot in the low 60s or worse on FTs the past 3 years is kinda discouraging in projecting his jumpshot.

I think he'll be really good overall but it may take a couple years for his J to be consistent enough for defenses to not dare him to shoot it.

Local High School Star

He's got a lot of time to develop one.
    That almost never happens...

If you're a PG who hasn't figured out how to shoot by now, chances are you'll never be a decent shooter. Mudiay's had over 5 years to figure out how to shoot so get ready for 38-39% shooting and many 5-14 nights.
    Last edited by midatlantic09; 07-04-2015 at 02:38 AM.

Magic Johnson

He's got potential to be an all-star but playing in Denver isn't an ideal situation, simply because that locker room and franchise is a mess. If he gets the proper coaching, plays in the right system, and is surrounded by veterans who can show him the ropes, I think he's got a chance to be special... but given Denver's current situation I could see him being a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Nor would they want Lawson. Nugs will be able to find a taker for Lawson, but they should've done it 2-3 years ago at a better value.

I think you are severely limiting mudiay' ceiling if you play him at the 2 w Lawson
    At this point the Knicks would be happy to take Lawson but it may be in Denver's best interest to not trade him there.

And why would we have traded Lawson 2-3 years ago? There was no reason to at that time.