Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Woj: Kings sending Stauskas, Jason Thompson, Landry to Sixers

So this is really just one of the dumbest trades in NBA history unless I'm missing something....given what this cap space is likely to lead to....which is overpaying players that don't make sense on this team at all.

Why wouldn't the Kings just do a move like this and trade for Lawson? That makes a lot of sense and he's definitely a better fit than Rondo/Ellis on this team.

It's amazing that a NBA team could be this inept. Just disgusting.

And damn...the Sixers just continue to be the smartest guys in the room. That isn't a guarantee the Sixers plan works on the court, but they are putting themselves in the best situations consistently because of their vision.

The Kings? ROFL....

College superstar

Thanks. That was a pretty awkward showing.

As for the deal, I'll wait until all the details surface. As of now, the only thing we KNOW is the three players the Kings are sending over.
    http://www.nba.com/2015/news/07/02/k...s=iref:nbahpts

Realism seems to be out the window this offseason (different rant for a different thread), but I'll try my hand at it anyway, and let's remember how badly rumors can be misunderstood at times...

If the Kings did NOT send picks, then I can see the rumor being misguided, and having the Kings receiving a protected first and/or rights-to-swap. That wouldn't be unreasonable, depending on protections and how the Sixers feel about Stauskas.

If the Kings DID send a first and a right-to-swap, then it's only logical to assume that the Kings also received back something of value. As for what the Sixers possess that is valuable and they are willing to move, I'm not sure.
    But what about...
    Saric? IF the Sixers are scared he won't come over?
    Embiid? Injury concerns and Okafor falling in to their laps makes him "expendable for the right price" and I daresay that essentially 3 first round picks is a haul for an injured player that has never played an NBA game.

I'd just caution everyone to keep that open mind. I distinctly remember a time (just can't remember the actual trade) when everyone on ISH was reporting players and picks going to a team, with nothing known of what was going back... when the trade became official, we had all the pieces correct -- same players, same picks -- just players went to one team in return for said picks. So that's a recent example of us getting rumors/reports wrong before the trade is official.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Thanks. That was a pretty awkward showing.

As for the deal, I'll wait until all the details surface. As of now, the only thing we KNOW is the three players the Kings are sending over.
    http://www.nba.com/2015/news/07/02/k...s=iref:nbahpts

Realism seems to be out the window this offseason (different rant for a different thread), but I'll try my hand at it anyway, and let's remember how badly rumors can be misunderstood at times...

If the Kings did NOT send picks, then I can see the rumor being misguided, and having the Kings receiving a protected first and/or rights-to-swap. That wouldn't be unreasonable, depending on protections and how the Sixers feel about Stauskas.

If the Kings DID send a first and a right-to-swap, then it's only logical to assume that the Kings also received back something of value. As for what the Sixers possess that is valuable and they are willing to move, I'm not sure.
    But what about...
    Saric? IF the Sixers are scared he won't come over?
    Embiid? Injury concerns and Okafor falling in to their laps makes him "expendable for the right price" and I daresay that essentially 3 first round picks is a haul for an injured player that has never played an NBA game.

I'd just caution everyone to keep that open mind. I distinctly remember a time (just can't remember the actual trade) when everyone on ISH was reporting players and picks going to a team, with nothing known of what was going back... when the trade became official, we had all the pieces correct -- same players, same picks -- just players went to one team in return for said picks. So that's a recent example of us getting rumors/reports wrong before the trade is official.
    All reports say Saric is not part of the deal.

Of course if the details change...our take on the trade will change. Evidence is going to drive logical conclusions and takes.

But, as of now, based on the evidence we have....this seems like one of the dumbest moves I can remember.

It makes no sense on any level.

Honestly, all you need to see is that "Kings make a deal with the Sixers" to know that Hinkie probably robbed those dumbasses.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

It says something about Vlade that he wouldn't just up and quit after everything that's gone wrong this last month. What that something is, I'm not sure. He can't see the walls crumbling down around him? He's got a real passion and heart for the city and its fans to put up with this shit? He's part of the problem and in over his head?

This is the breakdown from ESPN draft grades by Kevin Pelton:

Kevin Pelton, ESPN Staff Writer

The Deal

Kings get: Rights to Arturas Gudaitis and Luka Mitrovic

76ers get: Guard Nik Stauskas, forwards Carl Landry and Jason Thompson, a top-10 protected pick beginning two years after the conclusion of the Kings' obligation to the Chicago Bulls, two future pick swaps in 2016 and 2017

Sacramento Kings: F

LOL

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    This is the breakdown from ESPN draft grades by Kevin Pelton:

Kevin Pelton, ESPN Staff Writer

The Deal

Kings get: Rights to Arturas Gudaitis and Luka Mitrovic

76ers get: Guard Nik Stauskas, forwards Carl Landry and Jason Thompson, a top-10 protected pick beginning two years after the conclusion of the Kings' obligation to the Chicago Bulls, two future pick swaps in 2016 and 2017

Sacramento Kings: F
    If those are the actual facts, then my post could not have been more wrong... well, other than the "wait and see". Now that I've seen? Dear jesus that's horrible.

If those are the actual facts, then my post could not have been more wrong... well, other than the "wait and see". Now that I've seen? Dear jesus that's horrible.
    I copy pasted it from ESPN.

Everyone in Philly is laughing with this robbery , er, trade, sorry.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    I copy pasted it from ESPN.

Everyone in Philly is laughing with this robbery , er, trade, sorry.
    The Serbian connection, that you mentioned in the other thread about this trade, with Vlade and Civic, or whatever that PGs name is, is likely a big piece of this robbery. Both players acquired by Kings seemed to have Serbian roots or something.. I googled them quickly, and think I remember seeing Serbia mentioned.

I hope Monta doesnt go to the Kings.. what a terrible situation. He's gotta head to Indy

The Serbian connection, that you mentioned in the other thread about this trade, with Vlade and Civic, or whatever that PGs name is, is likely a big piece of this robbery. Both players acquired by Kings seemed to have Serbian roots or something.. I googled them quickly, and think I remember seeing Serbia mentioned.
    I was worried that Vacilije Micic, a Serbian 6'5 PG, playing in the Euroleague was included in the deal, but unfortunately for Sactown, not even.

We feel really sorry for what Hinkie did to them. Let's observe a moment of silence.

The legendary ingame flopper is starting his flopping as a gm

Seriously, this is probably worse than Kahn's Darko deal.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    So this is really just one of the dumbest trades in NBA history unless I'm missing something....given what this cap space is likely to lead to....which is overpaying players that don't make sense on this team at all.

Why wouldn't the Kings just do a move like this and trade for Lawson? That makes a lot of sense and he's definitely a better fit than Rondo/Ellis on this team.

It's amazing that a NBA team could be this inept. Just disgusting.

And damn...the Sixers just continue to be the smartest guys in the room. That isn't a guarantee the Sixers plan works on the court, but they are putting themselves in the best situations consistently because of their vision.

The Kings? ROFL....
    What's hilarious is that if DMC demands out of town, 76ers are probably the first team Vlade calls hoping to land some of their young guys + picks

I was a little dismayed by Hinkie's relatively quiet draft, given he's made draft day trades the previous 2 years, but this is probably the biggest haul he's made. Stauskas may end up a poor man's JJ Reddick (or he could be amazing), but these pick swaps basically give him extra lotto combinations the next 2 years. Also hilarious that these pick swaps actually protect 76ers in case lotto reform comes about.

It's hard for people to be patient, but Hinkie is legit running his team like a PE firm and given all the chances he's giving himself, he should hit on a couple players at some point. I just laugh at how good this guy is at stocking the cupboard with picks & young guys.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    If Kings land Wes and Lawson, it'd be sick.

If Kings land Monta and Rondo, I'll be sick.
    What do you have left to trade to get Lawson? More pick swaps and Ben McLemore? If anything, you guys should have put together a package to land Lawson or some other perimeter players. Now you're banking on 2/3 of Rondo/Wes/Ellis and reports say you would be fine with Rondo + Ellis. That's terrible team construction imo.

Sam Stinky strikes again.