Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default Re: Woj: Kings sending Stauskas, Jason Thompson, Landry to Sixers

What's with Sac constantly drafting lotto picks and then trading them after year 1 or 2?

Stauskus is kinda perfect for Philly since none of our guards can shoot and we will get play time. I'm actually kind of excited because the Sixes will have some real players now.

Not surprised to see Hinkif pull a trade with the Kings tho since they are the easier opportunity to fleece someone.
    Last edited by Jailblazers7; 07-01-2015 at 11:30 PM.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Stauskus is kinda perfect for Philly since none of our guards can shoot and we will get play time. I'm actually kind of excited because the Sixes will have some real players now.

Not surprised to see Hinkif pull a trade with the Kings tho since they are the easier opportunity to fleece someone.
    Exactly, Stauskas is there to help space the floor for Okafor and Embiid. Also, as long as Saric is not in the trade deal, Sac got fleeced lol.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Ok I'm happy with this. I don't think that Stauskas is some all star in waiting but he shot well in college and he's athletic enough. I actually wanted him with their second pick last year (but he was already gone. Eight was too high for him).

So in addition the Kings are giving a future 1st rounder and the option to swap 1st round picks in multiple drafts.

Decent college freshman

I knew Philly would end up doing some type of trade to take on Landry/Thompson at some point. Just seemed like it would happen lol. Can't believe they got Stauskas, future 1st, and two pick swaps rofl. I think Thompson can be moved to another team. Maybe Minnesota (Bennet + Buddinger who both can expire next year) or straight flip to a team that needs an NBA-caliber big like the Knicks. Landry will probably fill role the role that J-Rich did unless they find a taker for him, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Ok I'm happy with this. I don't think that Stauskas is some all star in waiting but he shot well in college and he's athletic enough. I actually wanted him with their second pick last year (but he was already gone. Eight was too high for him).
    I thought you guys would have taken him @ 10, too. I don't know which prospects you guys gave up that are stashed abroad, but this is quite a haul.

Hinkie gonna Hinkie.

Btw, wouldn't SAC be much better off trying to get CoJo & Ellis than going for Rondo? I understand wanting Wes Matthews, even coming off such a bad injury, but not Rondo.

Yeah, I think it's a good deal. Honestly, if Hinkle is trading with them it's probably going to be good.

And the funny thing is, you're talking about around $20 mil in total salary over the course of 2 seasons to give up all of that in exchange, in today's money that isn't shit, holy crap the Kings are a terribly run team.

So how long until the Kings get sold? This dude is clearly over his head and he will realize it eventually.

Sunshine State

Sixers and Kings are just putrid right now

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    I knew Philly would end up doing some type of trade to take on Landry/Thompson at some point. Just seemed like it would happen lol. Can't believe they got Stauskas, future 1st, and two pick swaps rofl. I think Thompson can be moved to another team. Maybe Minnesota (Bennet + Buddinger who both can expire next year) or straight flip to a team that needs an NBA-caliber big like the Knicks. Landry will probably fill role the role that J-Rich did unless they find a taker for him, too.
    I thought you guys would have taken him @ 10, too. I don't know which prospects you guys gave up that are stashed abroad, but this is quite a haul.

Hinkie gonna Hinkie.

Btw, wouldn't SAC be much better off trying to get CoJo & Ellis than going for Rondo? I understand wanting Wes Matthews, even coming off such a bad injury, but not Rondo.
    I'm sure I will be made fun of for this, but I actually want Bennett. I don't think that Thompson or Landry will get you that. I would gladly give up some shitty future first for him or take back a bad contract. There's something that intrigues me about him. Anyway, I doubt they'll get him too but I'd be happy if they did.

I used to like Bennett but I think I've given up. He hasn't shown the work ethic or natural confidence I expected. I see a bigger/worse version of Tim Thomas in him.

Decent college freshman

I'm sure I will be made fun of for this, but I actually want Bennett. I don't think that Thompson or Landry will get you that. I would gladly give up some shitty future first for him or take back a bad contract. There's something that intrigues me about him. Anyway, I doubt they'll get him too but I'd be happy if they did.
    Bennett's destiny was to be on the same team as Embiid, so I think it works out haha.

They could make it a multi-team deal where send out Thompson and take on Bennett. Or just absorb him lol with all that cap space you still have. I think Minny was trying to package AB/31/36 in the draft for a pick in the 20s. He's still gettable, even for a second rounder.

Thompson still has some value, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him gone soon. Seth Partnow, I think that's his name, tweeted that Doc should look into acquiring him. Maybe Crawford for JT, but no clue if Clips can fit that into their cap sheet.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    1...2...3...nik Rocks!
    I love this

STAUSKAS?!

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    1...2...3...nik Rocks!
    vivek is a moron.