Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Woj: Kings sending Stauskas, Jason Thompson, Landry to Sixers

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Your not being harsh at all I just don't think some people realised what they were attempting. They obviously could/should have gone in a different direction but it is what it is.
    The FO wanted 2/3 of Wes/Rondo/Ellis and got 1. I understand why Vlade took that risk, but that was a mega offer for just a salary dump.

No going back now, so it's whatever lol. I think Vivek/Vlade wanted to clear the space in hopes of fielding the most exciting team he could. Just a ballsy gamble that went terribly wrong imo. I wouldn't have attempted to do that at all but it's moot now.

Best of luck this year

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    No problem at all.

Actually, the problem in Philly now is some fans were worried that the Kings would back out of the deal, but now it seems it seems safe because they already signed 2 players.
    Unless they wanna tick off RR/MB and their agents by reneging their contract offers, they don't even have the cap space to take back Stauskas/Landry/Thompson. I think you guys are in the clear!

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    The FO wanted 2/3 of Wes/Rondo/Ellis and got 1. I understand why Vlade took that risk, but that was a mega offer for just a salary dump.

No going back now, so it's whatever lol. I think Vivek/Vlade wanted to clear the space in hopes of fielding the most exciting team he could. Just a ballsy gamble that went terribly wrong imo. I wouldn't have attempted to do that at all but it's moot now.

Best of luck this year
    Pretty much , but I rather them gamble than being 25 win team (which the Kings might end up being anyway )and watching Thompson/Landry while trying to develop Ben and Nik (who I think will be a decent player but we should have never drafted) for no reason at the same position which makes zero sense.

I'm just disappointed they didn't go via the trading Rudy Gay route at 13million per season I think we could have got 1-2 starting players back for him like Gerald Henderson + something else from the Bobcats.

Pretty much , but I rather them gamble than being 25 win team (which the Kings might end up being anyway )and watching Thompson/Landry while trying to develop Ben and Nik (who I think will be a decent player but we should have never drafted) for no reason at the same position which makes zero sense.

I'm just disappointed they didn't go via the trading Rudy Gay route at 13million per season I think we could have got 1-2 starting players back for him like Gerald Henderson + something else from the Bobcats.
    You're a Kings fan?

What happened with Nik in his rookie year? I understand he shot 42% from 3 after the ASB, but generally struggled. What's up with that?

Decent college freshman

You guys definitely reached on Stauskas and it seems like a waste trading him away that soon. I actually think Charlotte would have been intrigued in trading for Rudy, especially locked into that contract. I bet you could have gotten the same package in return. Heck, if you took back Lance in that trade (before LAC got him), you probably could have gotten their lotto pick this year.

I get wanting to go for an improvement through FA, but I just disagree with the timing of the salary dump I guess. Some trade would have materialized imo had they just waited and gotten commitments.

You're a Kings fan?

What happened with Nik in his rookie year? I understand he shot 42% from 3 after the ASB, but generally struggled. What's up with that?
    Nik sadly had a tough time adjusting to the NBA, coming in one of his strengths was his cockiness but the guy had zero confidents out there and at this point in time he's physically not strong enough which resulted in him being in foul trouble or getting abused on D.

I think Nik's skillset would have been a perfect fit but it sucks he just didn't show anything really. I think he will be a solid rotation player once he gets stronger, he smart/sneaky hops and is skilled.

Nik sadly had a tough time adjusting to the NBA, coming in one of his strengths was his cockiness but the guy had zero confidents out there and at this point in time he's physically not strong enough which resulted in him being in foul trouble or getting abused on D.

I think Nik's skillset would have been a perfect fit but it sucks he just didn't show anything really. I think he will be a solid rotation player once he gets stronger, he smart/sneaky hops and is skilled.
    Hopefully a change of environment will do him wonders.

Lots of shooters struggled in their first year though. Some writers in Philly dug up many shooters who struggled like Nik and they include JJ Reddick and Kyle Korver.

Some have said his floor would be a JJ Reddick and maybe his ceiling would be Klay thompson with inferior defense?

Possible?

You guys definitely reached on Stauskas and it seems like a waste trading him away that soon. I actually think Charlotte would have been intrigued in trading for Rudy, especially locked into that contract. I bet you could have gotten the same package in return. Heck, if you took back Lance in that trade (before LAC got him), you probably could have gotten their lotto pick this year.

I get wanting to go for an improvement through FA, but I just disagree with the timing of the salary dump I guess. Some trade would have materialized imo had they just waited and gotten commitments.
    I'm hoping LMA goes to the Suns and that they dump Markief Morris (another head case but quality player) if they need to clear cap space. Ideally if we could get a skilled 3/4 man like Wilson Chandler/Kef and these types (since the Kings still got 12mil I cap space after all the deals) than things change a bit. It's another long shot but maybe some teams need to dump salary and the Kings still could get one more starting level piece.

I've also heard us taking on Nene's deal (Nene/Cuz/WCS/Gay is not a bad frontline).
    Last edited by andremiller07; 07-04-2015 at 03:55 AM.

Hopefully a change of environment will do him wonders.

Lots of shooters struggled in their first year though. Some writers in Philly dug up many shooters who struggled like Nik and they include JJ Reddick and Kyle Korver.

Some have said his floor would be a JJ Reddick and maybe his ceiling would be Klay thompson with inferior defense?

Possible?
    I'd say he's more athletic JJ Redick with the ability to one day fill in at point guard or be lead guard from the two (best case scenario). He actually reminded me a lot of former Nugget who played terrific for the Magic in Evan Fournier (not sure if your familiar with him) he just plays less European than him.

Our coach, Brett Brown, really wanted him last year in the draft. It was rumored that we had Nik higher than Saric, who we drafted 12th.

Decent college freshman

I'm hoping LMA goes to the Suns and that they dump Markief Morris (another head case but quality player) if they need to clear cap space. Ideally if we could get a skilled 3/4 man like Wilson Chandler/Kef and these types (since the Kings still got 12mil I cap space after all the deals) than things change a bit. It's another long shot but maybe some teams need to dump salary and the Kings still could get one more starting level piece.
    Agreed. That would be a good deal for you guys if you can land one of those pieces.

I'm surprised you didn't make a big offer to Tobias Harris honestly. Thought for sure you'd go for him once Wes went to Dallas and before you signed Rondo.

I'd say he's more athletic JJ Redick with the ability to one day fill in at point guard or be lead guard from the two (best case scenario). He actually reminded me a lot of former Nugget who played terrific for the Magic in Evan Fournier (not sure if your familiar with him) he just plays less European than him.
    Well, an athletic JJ Reddick who might be able to fill in some at PG would be welcome with the 76ers. We see a future with him. Not necessarily as some sort of savior, but a piece in a title contending 9 man rotation.

thanks

Agreed. That would be a good deal for you guys if you can land one of those pieces.

I'm surprised you didn't make a big offer to Tobias Harris honestly. Thought for sure you'd go for him once Wes went to Dallas and before you signed Rondo.
    Yeap in particular since they are planning on playing Rudy @ the 4 those two could have just swapped around.