Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Orlando Magic offer Paul Millsap 4yrs $80mil

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Teams will line up for Frye.
    Yep - people complain about that signing but honestly, I think the Magic did the right thing tying him up long term. At only $8mil, with the new cap situation that's a very attractive contract for the right team shoring up their bench for the playoffs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    Yep - people complain about that signing but honestly, I think the Magic did the right thing tying him up long term. At only $8mil, with the new cap situation that's a very attractive contract for the right team shoring up their bench for the playoffs.
    Yep. Said that last year.

I don't like this Millsap stuff at this point, but I need to see what they are going for.

I generally don't like stuff like that on teams like the Magic...just seems forced and Millsap is good and all, but not elite. He's also gonna be 30.

I'd like this a lot more if he was 26.

We'll see though.

Tobias Harris may be a part of a sign and trade with sap going to orlando

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Tobias Harris may be a part of a sign and trade with sap going to orlando
    could happen but doubt it

I don't get the hate.

Rebuilds should only take so long. Once you have a collection of assets, you get a proven vet and make a run. Look to trade assets to poorly performing teams mid-season to get a star who a team is looking to dump for cheap.

Especially in the East... this is definitely a playoff team now. 6-8 at worst. Higher if everyone meshes.

College superstar

LOL @ ORL. Signed a stretch 4 for 32M last year. Drafted a 4 with a top 4 pick last year. Player on the team with the best upside is a 4.

1 minute into FA and they offer 80M to an older 4.

Seems awfully early to give up on Gordon, Harris, Frye. And as a Bucks fan I promise you Skiles/Harris is a bad idea. I was pretty shocked when he was named HC for just that reason. It meant Harris was gone.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    I don't get the hate.

Rebuilds should only take so long. Once you have a collection of assets, you get a proven vet and make a run. Look to trade assets to poorly performing teams mid-season to get a star who a team is looking to dump for cheap.

Especially in the East... this is definitely a playoff team now. 6-8 at worst. Higher if everyone meshes.
    I think the hate is that we don't think Millsap is the guy you look to make a run with.

Very good NBA starter

Don't go to Orlando Milsap! You're committing career suicide. Better off staying with the Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    I don't get the hate.

this

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    LOL @ ORL. Signed a stretch 4 for 32M last year. Drafted a 4 with a top 4 pick last year. Player on the team with the best upside is a 4.

1 minute into FA and they offer 80M to an older 4.

Seems awfully early to give up on Gordon, Harris, Frye. And as a Bucks fan I promise you Skiles/Harris is a bad idea. I was pretty shocked when he was named HC for just that reason. It meant Harris was gone.
    1. gordon isn't a 4 and even if he was it doesn't matter. orlando took BPA
    2. best upside player is probably oladipo or mario
    3. harris is a 3 that can play 4, not reversed
    4. skiles/harris relationship is overstated.
    keep up or you look like a ****ing retard

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    1. gordon isn't a 4 and even if he was it doesn't matter. orlando took BPA
    2. best upside player is probably oladipo or mario
    3. harris is a 3 that can play 4, not reversed
    4. skiles/harris relationship is overstated.
    keep up or you look like a ****ing retard
    1. If he isn't a 4 he might as well be out of the league because he shot 19/71 from >10 ft. If he isn't a 4 there is no way he was BPA.
    2. We've never seen Mario in the league. Thats jumping the gun. And Dipo is 2 mos younger than Harris. Might be Dipo. But Harris has had a higher PER the last three years than Dipo has ever had. And again, they are the same age.
    3. No. Its. Not. I watched it blow up first hand. I promise you Harris wants to leave and I promise Skiles wants him to leave.

Its admirable that a 12 year old has some passion about the game. But your knowledge and understanding of the game is not at the level where you should be calling other people retards.

What is the deal with Harris? How is a 22 year old putting up 17/6 and shooting well from outside getting so little attention?

Why would his own team favor a 30 year old who puts up equivalent stats over a 22 year old on the upswing of his career?

Headcase? Is he that bad of a defender?

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    1. If he isn't a 4 he might as well be out of the league because he shot 19/71 from >10 ft. If he isn't a 4 there is no way he was BPA.
    2. We've never seen Mario in the league. Thats jumping the gun. And Dipo is 2 mos younger than Harris. Might be Dipo. But Harris has had a higher PER the last three years than Dipo has ever had. And again, they are the same age.
    3. No. Its. Not. I watched it blow up first hand. I promise you Harris wants to leave and I promise Skiles wants him to leave.

Its admirable that a 12 year old has some passion about the game. But your knowledge and understanding of the game is not at the level where you should be calling other people retards.
    1. He's 19 years old. His shot needs work most definitely, but it was actually better than I expected. Who should we have drafted that wwas supposedly so much better? Exum? Sucked. Randle? Broke his leg. Vonleh? Sucked.
    2. Upside is about POTENTIAL. If you asked me who the best player on this team was right now I'd say Vucevic.
    3. Skiles and Harris have kept in touch, and sources inside say the Skiles-Harris dynamic is nothing and if he wants to leave that has little to do with it. "I watched the Bucks" doesn't mean jack shit so shut the **** up.
    Stop saying shit when you have no idea what in the everloving **** you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    What is the deal with Harris? How is a 22 year old putting up 17/6 and shooting well from outside getting so little attention?

Why would his own team favor a 30 year old who puts up equivalent stats over a 22 year old on the upswing of his career?

They aren't. They can sign Millsap and sign Harris. Millsap has nothing to do with Harris right now.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves

Because GM's are stupid. I think he's a player that the Lakers should target with a full max offer. And if Orland signs Milsap, it just makes it less likely that they'll match Harris.