Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Orlando Magic offer Paul Millsap 4yrs $80mil

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    They aren't. They can sign Millsap and sign Harris. Millsap has nothing to do with Harris right now.
    Is Harris not a little redundant if they bring in Millsap though? You're going to give big money to two PF's while trying to develop a third?

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Is Harris not a little redundant if they bring in Millsap though? You're going to give big money to two PF's while trying to develop a third?
    Harris is a SF. He plays the majority of his minutes there too

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Because GM's are stupid. I think he's a player that the Lakers should target with a full max offer. And if Orland signs Milsap, it just makes it less likely that they'll match Harris.
    No. It. Doesn't.
    They WILL match Harris at any cost.

Decent college freshman

My take:

Harris is too slow-footed to be a good perimeter defender as a SF. He's not strong enough to guard PFs full-time. Gordon being picked last year was sort of a "fit" pick, even if Henni thought he was BPA (I didn't) because he should be able to match up defensively against the better forward. Tobias kills PFs with his speed offensively and is too big for most SFs to guard him in the post. True tweener. Also, his outside shot isn't super wet yet or anything. He will be a great weapon if he can knock down 3s. Same for AG I suppose.

Magic are smart to get a guy who commands a max-type salary now, sure, but him playing 30mpg will take PT away from Gordon and potentially Harris. They can/should make the playoffs and maybe develop Gordon was a supersub, but that seems like not giving AG enough time to develop.

Henni is trying to get as much outside shooting from the frontcourt on this team as possible with Elfrid and Dipo needing driving lanes, so it makes sense. They can trade Frye this offseason if they'd like- I guess it depends how much they value O'Quinn/Nicholson/Redmon going forward.

Not a bad get at all for ORL if he chooses them over ATL, but he's so much older than their core guys that I guess he'll transition to the bench by the end of this contract.

College superstar

1. He's 19 years old. His shot needs work most definitely, but it was actually better than I expected. Who should we have drafted that wwas supposedly so much better? Exum? Sucked. Randle? Broke his leg. Vonleh? Sucked.
    2. Upside is about POTENTIAL. If you asked me who the best player on this team was right now I'd say Vucevic.
    3. Skiles and Harris have kept in touch, and sources inside say the Skiles-Harris dynamic is nothing and if he wants to leave that has little to do with it. "I watched the Bucks" doesn't mean jack shit so shut the **** up.
    Stop saying shit when you have no idea what in the everloving **** you are talking about.
    He shoots less than 1 shot from >10 ft per game. Usually meaning he is wide open when he takes it. And he shot 28%. ON THE SEASON. If that is better than you expected you need to demand more from professional basketball players.

Yes, it is. Yes, you are probably right. But age has everything to do with potential. The point was that Harris and Dipo are the same age even though Harris has been in the league longer. And since he has been better and has the same amount of time to get better he very well might become better.

Inside sources is the team leaking out that they two love one another even though the two were at each others throats so much after Harris went from starter to playing 5 min a game and then ultimately shipped out for a half a season of JJ Redick. Maybe Harris has grown in the last two year but he played the Bucks later that season and put up 30/19/5 and hit a game tying 3 with sec left in regulation and played that game ready to die to beat the team and the coach that gave up on him and gave him away. The two did not get along before the trade. Period. And I watched that. Thats why it IS relevant.

Its like Nance and Portis trying to walk back their tweets. You can't change history.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    He shoots less than 1 shot from >10 ft per game. Usually meaning he is wide open when he takes it. And he shot 28%. ON THE SEASON. If that is better than you expected you need to demand more from professional basketball players.

Yes, it is. Yes, you are probably right. But age has everything to do with potential. The point was that Harris and Dipo are the same age even though Harris has been in the league longer. And since he has been better and has the same amount of time to get better he very well might become better.

Inside sources is the team leaking out that they two love one another even though the two were at each others throats so much after Harris went from starter to playing 5 min a game and then ultimately shipped out for a half a season of JJ Redick. Maybe Harris has grown in the last two year but he played the Bucks later that season and put up 30/19/5 and hit a game tying 3 with sec left in regulation and played that game ready to die to beat the team and the coach that gave up on him and gave him away. The two did not get along before the trade. Period. And I watched that. Thats why it IS relevant.

Its like Nance and Portis trying to walk back their tweets. You can't change history.
    “First off, me and Scott have a great relationship,” Harris said. “What people don’t understand is that when he first coached me, I was 18 years old. And from 18 to being about to turn 23 now, I’m a completely different player. Even in Milwaukee, where I didn’t play as much, we still had a great dialogue. He just wanted me to work harder. He just said, ‘Your time is coming.’ So he was always encouraging for me.

“Today, we communicated. He wants me to be a leader. He wants me to lead. He’s a fantastic coach. I think he’s the perfect coach for our team. Actually, I know he’s the perfect coach for our team. And he’s a coach I want to play for. He’s a fiery guy. He gets after you. He has that passion to win, that fire to win. Me and him, we have no problems. That passion, that’s the passion that I play with, so that’s what I love in a coach.”
    What Harris actually ****ing said >>> your opinion.
    now f*ck off

Decent college freshman

What Harris actually ****ing said >>> your opinion.
    now f*ck off
    Are the Magic going to start Gordon this year or try Frye once more?

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Are the Magic going to start Gordon this year or try Frye once more?
    it really depends. i can't tell you tbh

Decent college freshman

it really depends. i can't tell you tbh
    Ah ok, thanks man. Hopefully he's healthy all year so we can see what he can do.