Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: My definitive clutch discussion of Bran, Kobe, Curry, Jordan, etc

Quote Originally Posted by nzahir
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/5/1...-winning-shots
    End thread, another shit post by another shit user.
    Im only here to enlighten people but you guys just dont understand basketball.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I know you're probably too dense to understand the point I'm trying to make though, since you're using an article as a means of attempting to disprove actual stats.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by LeFraud James
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I know you're probably too dense to understand the point I'm trying to make though, since you're using an article as a means of attempting to disprove actual stats.
    Too bad the article has ACTUAL stats in it

GAWDBE LEAVING A MARK WHERE IT MATTERED THE MOST.

and DIRKULEZ RUNS THIS TOWN!

NBA All-star

five minutes left to the game, 300 seconds,
    divided by 24, and you have about 12.5 possessions
    with time outs, not counting fouls, we leave it to around the average of 18

now, I'll be coming at you with a full agenda right at this clutch stat

would you say that your ranking also shows that players perhaps had the least amount of movement prior to the last five minutes of the game.

since Shaq and Allen Iverson were included, and Dirk as your number 1
    I would be hard pressed not to include height/weight in this say calculation

How about you do playoffs entirely? shocking reveal: MJ, Dirk, Bron have been the most consistently clutch in the final 5 minutes, 2 minutes, last second shots.... it doesn't matter what, Kobetards yap about the criteria being the wrong one.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    How about you do playoffs entirely? shocking reveal: MJ, Dirk, Bron have been the most consistently clutch in the final 5 minutes, 2 minutes, last second shots.... it doesn't matter what, Kobetards yap about the criteria being the wrong one.
    What are you talking bout you clown?

This was for the entire playoffs, and uses the common sense clutch time frame of 5 minutes left in the game when the game is within 5.

Tolerant Liberals

did you use data for one season per player or something?

So you basically chose small sample size, out of an already small sample size, to try to fit your agenda?

How about using data for their whole career, regular and postseason ?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    did you use data for one season per player or something?

So you basically chose small sample size, out of an already small sample size, to try to fit your agenda?

How about using data for their whole career, regular and postseason ?
    They are all great players.

I did it for all postseasons where they got to the finals. How much more data is there than that?

For Bron this was 6 postseasons of data, Kobe had 7 postseasons of data, Shaq had 6...etc.

It is quite broad I'd say. What agenda would you like to promote? I didnt even put anything agenda driven in the information. It is all facts. The only definitive, non questionable conclusion is that Dirk was an all time great clutch performer in 2011. Everything else can be interpreted multiple ways.

Dirk, MJ and Kobe

It's funny that even before looking at this thread, I figured them to be clutch beasts. MJ especially obv.

Huge LOL @ '15 LeBron turning out dead last in these categories. Why am I not surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz

I did it for all postseasons where they got to the finals. How much more data is there than that?

For Bron this was 6 postseasons of data, Kobe had 7 postseasons of data, Shaq had 6...etc.

It is quite broad I'd say. What agenda would you like to promote? I didnt even put anything agenda driven in the information. It is all facts. The only definitive, non questionable conclusion is that Dirk was an all time great clutch performer in 2011. Everything else can be interpreted multiple ways.
    Nah good stuff. Its great that you pulled up these stats, because people get too carried away with walk off shots, not realizing THESE stats include not only walk off shots, but other waning moments in the 4th which MUST be accounted for.

What's Clark Kent without a telephone booth basically..

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz

in the OP you said

The players that I took a look at were:

2014-2015: Curry and Bran
    2010-2011: Dirk
    2009-2010: Bryant
    2005-2006: Wade
    2000-2001: Bryant, Shaq, and Iverson
    1996-97: Jordan and Pippen
    So I thought you meant the stats were for 14-15 for bran, 10-11 for dirk, etc which is using 1 season per player. Did you mean you would use data UP TO '10 for kobe, '06 for wade, '97 for jordan, as to only keep the data relevant to their primes?

If so, then I think it would make your data more meaningful if you also took away their pre-prime years, aka kobe benchwarmer years, mj 1-9 years, etc. But then the discussion digresses to "which years count as this player's prime?"
    Last edited by ISHGoat; 06-29-2015 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Nah good stuff. Its great that you pulled up these stats, because people get too carried away with walk off shots, not realizing THESE stats include not only walk off shots, but other waning moments in the 4th which MUST be accounted for.

What's Clark Kent without a telephone booth basically..
    agreed, going down the wire all these things are essential...

LeBron James is 43/96 45% (great)

Kobe Bryant is 30/88 34% (well below league average)

t's funny that even before checking those stats, I figured LeBron to be a clutch beast. Last second shots, 5 minutes, whole quarter, doesn't matter...
    Huge LOL @ 'Kobe Bean... HE THRIVES IN THE CLUTCH DOE' turning out dead last in these categories. Why am I not surprised?

^Wait, shots to tie or take the lead? What would be the point of a 5 margin under that criteria?

Correct your lists, and maybe I'll take you seriously. Godspeed young foreigner.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    agreed, going down the wire all these things are essential...

LeBron James is 43/96 45% (great)

Kobe Bryant is 30/88 34% (well below league average)

t's funny that even before checking those stats, I figured LeBron to be a clutch beast. Last second shots, 5 minutes, whole quarter, doesn't matter...
    Huge LOL @ 'Kobe Bean... HE THRIVES IN THE CLUTCH DOE' turning out dead last in these categories. Why am I not surprised?

I love the east hehe - Chris Bosh in 2013

And don't forget the shameless statspadding.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    ^Wait, shots to tie or take the lead? What would be the point of a 5 margin under that criteria?

Correct your lists, and maybe I'll take you seriously. Godspeed young foreigner.
    be honest, I got you per usual

LeBron James is 108 of 253 43% (above league average)

Kobe Bryant is 88 of 238 37% (way below league average)

you just applauded someone clutch for no reason, padawan.

Why am I not surprised at you being this off?

don't make me do this to you again, native.