Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jeff Teague recruiting LaMarcus Aldridge

https://mobile.twitter.com/Talk_NBA_...59080697647104

This would be fantastic for LaMarcus. Have a real chance to contend in Atlanta. I think for what Atlanta needs he's an upgrade over millsap. What do you guys think?

Banned

Default Re: Jeff Teague recruiting LaMarcus Aldridge

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Talk_NBA_...59080697647104

This would be fantastic for LaMarcus. Have a real chance to contend in Atlanta. I think for what Atlanta needs he's an upgrade over millsap. What do you guys think?
    I think they're still gonna get swept next playoffs regardless.

you need a lebron, carmelo, wade, kobe type player to get you over the top if your LMA, LMA was the man in portland on a stacked team and couldnt do it in a stacked west

if your LMA, you go east to a team with a star that can take games over at will..going to the hawks will just duplicate what hes been doing in portland...he would be expected to shoulder the scoring load in every playoff game and have shown that he cant do it

San antonio already have a core of guys that proved to be winners so its a no brainer to go there to just be a piece in an already winning recipe

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    you need a lebron, carmelo, wade, kobe type player to get you over the top if your LMA, LMA was the man in portland on a stacked team and couldnt do it in a stacked west

if your LMA, you go east to a team with a star that can take games over at will..going to the hawks will just duplicate what hes been doing in portland...he would be expected to shoulder the scoring load in every playoff game and have shown that he cant do it

San antonio already have a core of guys that proved to be winners so its a no brainer to go there to just be a piece in an already winning recipe
    I disagree. For starters I think the Hawks are a better team than Portland. I also think the way the Hawks play can win in today's NBA. The Cleveland series was a pretty catastrophic meltdown and a bit of a wake up call that someone like Jeff Teague isn't a guy you can give the ball to and tell him score consistently like many Hawks fans thought. The Hawks are missing a couple things:

1. Go to scorer. LaMarcus Aldridge is a guy you can give th ball and tell him to score consistently. More so than millsap in my opinion. Millsap is great but is those ISO situations he often times looks really out of control. LaMarcus fits exactly what the the Hawks need.

2. Size. Hawks fans are really hoping for Edy Taveras (draft pick stock piled in Spain) to come over seas and be good. He's 7'2 and he dominated in Spain l. Great shot blocker, rebounder, good touch inside. Basically what the Hawks need.

I feel those two can make massive impacts on the Hawks and push them the extra step of all goes well. Obviously we'd fill holes in other ways but o feel like those two can make the biggest impact

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

So he's trying to get him to sign with the understanding that if he does Paul can't come back?

Or do the Hawks have more cap space than I've been led to believe?

I can see recruiting people as a touchy subject in locker rooms. What does Teague say to Paul if he decides to come back? Eagles bruise easily in the NBA. Lamar Odom totally melted down just because the Lakers tried to trade him.

Went from a not quite All Star on a contender to an absolute nobody overnight.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    2. Size. Hawks fans are really hoping for Edy Taveras (draft pick stock piled in Spain) to come over seas and be good. He's 7'2 and he dominated in Spain l. Great shot blocker, rebounder, good touch inside. Basically what the Hawks need.
    He doesn't have a good touch inside and doesn't have any offensive game whatsoever. His points come from pick and roll and putbacks. He's not a type of player that you would normally imagine in a type of offense that Hawks run.

Also he's still pretty raw, I don't know if you can rely on him in an important game like conference finals. But I do agree it might be worth of a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    So he's trying to get him to sign with the understanding that if he does Paul can't come back?

Or do the Hawks have more cap space than I've been led to believe?

I can see recruiting people as a touchy subject in locker rooms. What does Teague say to Paul if he decides to come back? Eagles bruise easily in the NBA. Lamar Odom totally melted down just because the Lakers tried to trade him.

Went from a not quite All Star on a contender to an absolute nobody overnight.
    I don't know that anything has really come out yet but I get the sense that Millsap is good as gone. Having him and Demarre on short 2 year deals worked great for us but it's kind of hamstrung us now that we don't have bird rights on either.

Also @ Taveras I'm not sure he's even going to come this year, he already said he wasn't coming to Summer League. Not sure we can even afford to pay him more than he's going to get in Europe right now.

I am your soldier!

When the hell has Portland been stacked since 2000?

Millsap gone then?
    Dont think Aldridge much better than him at all TBH. Millsap is a much better defender and passer..........hes a better shooter too actually

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    they had for the past 2 seasons a rising star in lilard, got a good wing in wes mathews and aflalo and a great wing defender in batum and decent role players playing the garbage role and dooing a good job at it

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    In the very short period when the RAMBO lineup (Roy, Aldridge, Miller, Batum, Oden) was healthy

they had for the past 2 seasons a rising star in lilard, got a good wing in wes mathews and aflalo and a great wing defender in batum and decent role players playing the garbage role and dooing a good job at it
    stacked?

Quote Originally Posted by zizozain
    stacked?
    if wes didnt go down, they would have advanced deeper

College star

if wes didnt go down, they would have advanced deeper

Decent college freshman

That's great and all but if LMA goes to Atlanta that likely means both Carroll and Millsap are gone, which is a good huge blow. Maybe if they drop some bench guys (Mack, Scott) they can retain Carroll. Depends on what he commands I guess.