Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Steve Kerr is too dumb not to give David Lee big minutes

I honestly have no idea why Kerr plays Bogut so many minutes. I realize Bogut is supposed to be some great defensive player, but is anyone truly afraid of him while on the court? To me, he is a total liability on offense and isn't even all that much of a game changer on defense (anyone afraid to drive the lane and dunk on Bogut??), so I really have no idea why he gets so many minutes, especially when David Lee is on the roster.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    I honestly have no idea why Kerr plays Bogut so many minutes. I realize Bogut is supposed to be some great defensive player, but is anyone truly afraid of him while on the court? To me, he is a total liability on offense and isn't even all that much of a game changer on defense (anyone afraid to drive the lane and dunk on Bogut??), so I really have no idea why he gets so many minutes, especially when David Lee is on the roster.
    Yes

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Yes
    I don't think so. The guy is slow, can't jump, plays with zero energy, and just isn't intimidating at all. Sure, maybe a 6'1 PG may think twice, but that's about it.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Every time they put Lee, Lebron gains more confidence in driving + would take less midrange/3 pointers.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    I don't think so. The guy is slow and can't jump, not intimidating at all. Sure, maybe a 6'1 PG may think twice, but that's about it.
    He is slow but he has GOAT positioning and anticipation. He is always in the right spot at the right time defensively. The main reason he shouldn't play over 20 minutes is his conditioning. He's 7'2'' and probably weighs 300 pounds and is on the wrong side of 30. He gets gassed real quick.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

He had 5 fouls in like 10 minutes

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    David Lee isn't some key to unlock the Cleveland defense. Cavs have a short rotation and they were drained by the time Lee was put in the game.
    He is though with Draymond choking plus having no midrange game.. with the way they double curry Lee can wet 15 footers all day.. Draymond can't hit anything besides a dunk

I'm down with HRC

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    David Lee isn't some key to unlock the Cleveland defense. Cavs have a short rotation and they were drained by the time Lee was put in the game.
    He's better offensively than the other options on GS because in addition to his scoring, he's a much better passer. This can seriously open up the pick and roll with Curry who the Cavs are doubling hard. Cavs have been focusing on

Curry
    Curry
    Curry
    Klay

the rest

Draymond Green seems to have no confidence in his shot. So GS needs a third option.

I'm down with HRC

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    He is slow but he has GOAT positioning and anticipation. He is always in the right spot at the right time defensively. The main reason he shouldn't play over 20 minutes is his conditioning. He's 7'2'' and probably weighs 300 pounds and is on the wrong side of 30. He gets gassed real quick.
    I haven't seen much of Bogut before these playoffs and his positioning is really, really good.

NBA rookie of the year

With Lee in, they'll at least be able to match scores with Cleveland. Green is screwing up on both ends so far..

rank sentamentalist

start festus ezeli and andre iguodala with curry, klay, green

your best shot at slowing at slowing lebron is to start iguodala on him and have green on him late. it's strange but barnes belongs back on the bench. play him with bogut with lee on the second unit with livingston and one of the gunners. barnes has proven that he can let his 'role' on the team get to his head. right now he's way outmatched at each frontcourt position and he's wilting under the pressure. play him against james jones and jr smith when the cavs play small ball. he'll find his stroke and hopefully give you better minutes late in the game.

ezeli has been proving himself all postseason. he's shown confidence making baby putbacks. he's also your biggest strongest guy and your best shot of slowing down the relentless attack of tristan thompson. i thought green could do it but thompson is too long and quick. stick green on mozgov, that's an easier cover, less need for lateral movement and exhausting boxing out.

as the game gets late, green takes lebron. you go offense/defense with bogut and ezeli, to play against thompson or mozgov whoever is out there. david lee is nowhere to be seen because there is no place for him against any combination of lebron/thompson/mozgov. barnes plays small forward depending on iguodala's level of exhaustion.

ezeli would be a perfect out of nowhere hero. **** matthew dellavedova.

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    You just described small ball in 1 sentence.

You just explained why Draymond Green isn't a max player in 1 sentence.

You just showed why people who think Carmelo should move to the 4 are idiots in 1 sentence

You just showed your arrogance in three sentences.

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

Please let Kerr sit both his shot blockers so we can see a parade of alley oops from the cavs at the q. Crowd will love it, layups and threes, regular season offense will be back!

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Good Lord, you know you're at rock bottom when David Lee is supposed to be your savior. Win or lose, this Warriors team is an absolute joke.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Good Lord, you know you're at rock bottom when David Lee is supposed to be your savior. Win or lose, this Warriors team is an absolute joke.

Lee was an All star, 20/10 guy. He would be a starter in most of the teams in NBA. Steve kerr needs to make some adjustments.

Starting Line up should be :
    Curry
    Klay
    Iggy
    Lee
    Bogut

But yea, thiis Warriors team is pathetic af as of now