Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Should LeBron James Win Finals MVP Even If Cleveland Loses?

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Any smart betting man would do a parlay of the Warriors winning and Stephen Curry winning the FMVP. It's either both happen or neither happen. Definitely no in between. I wonder what the odds are on that? I'd bet $100 on that.
    I feel stupid now for not betting Cavs to win and Bron to get Finals MVP... I saw good value at 6 bucks and a bit, and took it, instead of trying to be rational and think about it. I hardly ever bet, but you'd think I would have thought about it some more. Pretty sure Bron was like 6 bucks to win FMVP at that point too...

50 on a 6.50 is nice... but sure would have been nice to get a 50 on a multi of two 6 buck bets...

FML.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Any smart betting man would do a parlay of the Warriors winning and Stephen Curry winning the FMVP. It's either both happen or neither happen. Definitely no in between. I wonder what the odds are on that? I'd bet $100 on that.
    There can be an in between.... Keep in mind the FMVP is the player from the winning team who performed best/had best stats in those 4-7 games.... not for 10-20 games, not for the playoffs, not for the regular season, not for the entire year....... all you have to do is drop somewhat better stats than your ACTUAL best player of the team, that he had better stats/performance in 95% of all other games means crap.... Its only what you do in 4-7 games....

...and Klay Thompson is somebody who is definitely capable of dropping better stats than Curry in 4-7 games....

It has happened a couple of times before where a 2nd or even arguably a 3rd fiddle took the fmvp away from THE MAN of that team.... even Magic in his prime lost an fmvp to Worthy....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Of course.

Iggy has been the 2nd best player in this series and it's a distant 2nd to say the least.

Unless something drastically changes... Lebron will be fmvp.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamwarrior
    Nah, it'd be a pointless award. I would hate to win FMVP is my team lost. If GSW wins it, it's going to be on Curry's or Barnes back. If either of those guys had shot well they'd be up 3-0.
    Under almost any circumstance, yes, the award would go to someone on the winning team. But the fact that LeBron is doing so much with so little is indicative of an usual circumstance. It's at least worth mentioning. The truth is very apparent in this series, we see who the true MVP of the league is. No doubt.

Guess what im trying to say is.... He should, but he wont...

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Of course.

Iggy has been the 2nd best player in this series and it's a distant 2nd to say the least.

Unless something drastically changes... Lebron will be fmvp.
    Curry will have the numbers regardless of what happens. Unless Klay goes nuts statistically , Curry will win FMVP. There have been plenty of instances where the most impactful player (IGGY, as this would be an awkward bloodbath if he wasnt there) doesnt win FMVP. I cant see that changing now.
    Last edited by navy; 06-11-2015 at 12:48 AM.

So far, yes.. but there's still some games to go.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Kinda related, but James is a $1.70 favourite to win the FMVP despite the Warriors still being the favourite to take the title at $1.87.
    That's because even if the Warriors do come back to win, their fmvp isn't clear cut. Could be Curry, could be Thompson. With the Cavs winning, it's very clear cut -James. Plus they're up a game.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

If it were just based on these three games, yes. I'm disappointed in Curry. He has not adjusted so far.

He should for playing one of the most stacked teams ever.

College superstar

Keep in min what Kawhi's first two games looked like last year. The series is just warming up. Far too early to give away FMVP...

Very good NBA starter

Someone will get the credit if Warriors wins 3 more games.

That person will get the FMVP.