Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tristan Thompson is dominating this series.

The numbers don't tell the whole story. He is completely controlling the interior with his hustle, rebounding and tipped balls to teammates on missed shots. He is giving his team so many additional possessions it's not even funny. I know he's getting SOME press but I think he's dominating the interior and making Green look like a little boy and anyone else who tries to guard him.

Outside of Bron, he is without a doubt their biggest factor on why they are winning. Sure, Dell is doing great also but there is no substitute for controlling the interior and giving your team extra possessions time and time again.

I rule the local playground

Default Re: Tristan Thompson is dominating this series.

He's been absolutely invaluable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's 42 rebounds in these 3 finals games? Him and lebron are cleaning up on the glass

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMarkus
    He's been absolutely invaluable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's 42 rebounds in these 3 finals games? Him and lebron are cleaning up on the glass
    The rebounds only tell part of the story. He's tipped so many balls to his teammates off of missed shots to keep possessions alive and has drawn multiple fouls because the GSW bigs couldn't keep him off the boards. Without TT, the Cavs would be in big trouble.
    Last edited by ClipperRevival; 06-10-2015 at 10:53 AM.

He's the Dennis Rodman/Ben Wallace for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

I did have a good laugh when he tipped Bron's layup out when it was clearly about to go through the basket as though he were trying to sabotage Bron's FG%, but gotta give it up to the dude, he is a monster. He has got the GS frontline shook, perhaps as importantly as Delly has got Curry shook. How he keeps getting into position to grab offensive rebounds and draw fouls when Bron bricks a shot is incredible.

Dude is aggressive on the boards, especially the offensive glass. Gets a ton of loose ball fouls to go his way because of his effort this series. Its the things you don't see on the stat sheet (besides offensive rebounds) that really make a difference in a series.

I rule the local playground unknowns8's Avatar

its criminal how much room the GS front line are giving TT this series, 'boxing out' is a school boy level b'ball fundamental that the GS big simply aren't doing

Quote Originally Posted by unknowns8
    its criminal how much room the GS front line are giving TT this series, 'boxing out' is a school boy level b'ball fundamental that the GS big simply aren't doing
    This series is showing how lost the modern day bigs are when it comes to boxing out when they have to face a monster rebounder like TT. Against a lot of guys, having inside position is enough to grab the rebound but not against a relentless guy like TT. You need to put a body on him, feel him throughout when the shot is in the air and box him out. How many times have we seen a GSW big have inside position but not box out and TT maneuvers to another spot and draws the foul?

College superstar

The commentators said last night that Draymond Green always has problems with players that hustle as hard as he does. That's the issue with TT. He not only hustles harder than Green. He is also bigger than Green.

His name is Christian, and he is a wind defender.

Anyone who has played the game knows how effective boxing out can be if utilized properly. You can push bigger guys back as long as you time your box out properly. Get low, get leverage and push back. You only need to hold that position for a second or two. It's an art. And you need to time it. It's just not a big factor in today's game and it's a shame because it can help you grab a ton of rebounds.

GSW bigs are getting dominated inside by TT and Mosgov because they aren't boxing out. Most bigs today don't box out regularly. It's simply a fact. There is a difference between having inside position and boxing out.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    His name is Christian, and he is a wind defender.
    What's the origin of this joke?

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    What's the origin of this joke?
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=377707

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    The commentators said last night that Draymond Green always has problems with players that hustle as hard as he does. That's the issue with TT. He not only hustles harder than Green. He is also bigger than Green.
    Exactly. And the fact that TT jumps higher than Green magnifies this issue. Green really has no chance against TT down low. It's like a boy playing against a man.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Exactly. And the fact that TT jumps higher than Green magnifies this issue. Green really has no chance against TT down low. It's like a boy playing against a man.
    David Lee, the Answer.