Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: you can tell who never played bball.Steph Curry gets trapped all game...

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Just goes to show how one dimensional his game is. Maybe learn how to shoot mid range, post up, split doubles, move without the ball, etc like you know... actually great players did before him.
    Dude is an elite midrange player. Dude is great at splitting double teams on the perimeter.
    Moving without the ball? One of, if not the best in the league at it.

The only thing he isn't great at it posting up, and nor should he focus on it. He is 6'3 and useful on the perimeter and playmaking.

One dimensional... how bland and more incorrect could your analysis be? Elite shooter, playmaker, off the ball player, and ball handler and you call him one dimensional?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: you can tell who never played bball.Steph Curry gets trapped all game...

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Green is a good 3 point shooter on the season, but he's been choking in the playoffs. That wouldn't happen with a better playmaker/leader in LeBron.

Iggy is 5-13 for the series. Not shabby at all, but I'd rather have him take them than Klay/Curry. Forcing others to score gets GSW out of their game plan, and doesn't let the splash brothers find their rhythm. That's more the point of having them shoot. They are good 3 point shooters, but not as good as the best shooting backcourt all time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Wanna go into detail on what you think Steph Curry's correct course of action should be when he gets trapped at the 3 point line?
    Yeah, don't get trapped at the 3 point line

Dude is walking into those traps on some bunny rabbit shit.

Like I said, if he wasn't such a one dimensional chucker, he'd have the tools to beat a simple trap.

Splitting the trap/double like Wade, Kobe, Mark Price, etc

Moving without the ball ala Rip, Jordan, Reggie, etc

He could learn how to post up like past PGs Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, etc

He has options.

But chucking 15 3s seems to be his strategy. More power to him.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Nice rebuttal. Has Igudola been shooting the 3 poorly in the finals? I think he's been better than any of LeBron's spot up shooters. BTW, what was Green's 3P% in the season?

Wow, the MVP of the league is getting doubled... wow. Never seen that before. No wonder the guy just broke the record for most missed 3s in a single finals game. Because of traps.

Just goes to show how one dimensional his game is. Maybe learn how to shoot mid range, post up, split doubles, move without the ball, etc like you know... actually great players did before him.
    Steph Curry needs to learn to move without the ball? Wow.

Like I said, if he wasn't such a one dimensional chucker, he'd have the tools to beat a simple trap.

He has options.

What was he today? 7/13 from 3, and his shooting directly brought his team back into the game... A bad thing though...

He has options.

Those youtube clips suck dicc. Garbage regular season highlights vs the suns and shit. Whole different animal then playing a great defensive team in the finals where they are allowing lots of contact. Epic fail.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Dude is an elite midrange player.
    Now would be a great time to showcase that. Try moving without the ball to open spots and show us that elite mid range game. I haven't seen it.

Dude is great at splitting double teams on the perimeter.
    Sure could've fooled me

Every time he runs into a double he does some awkward playground level dribble that more times than not has led to some costly and completely unnecessary turnovers. Dude hasn't shown he has the ability to read and react to defenses like other great perimeter players I've seen.

He's literally walking into traps. And he has no idea how to deal with them other than TOs or chucking 3s.

Moving without the ball? One of, if not the best in the league at it.

Klay>>>>Curry at moving without the ball and even then his skills are average at best. Steph is useless without the ball in his hands.

Klay>>>>Curry at moving without the ball and even then his skills are average at best. Steph is useless without the ball in his hands.
    Holy shit bro, credibility just lost.

I'm not debating with you anymore. You have to be an actual retard to think Curry is not a great, let alone poor off the ball player.

You're my dude Dadda, but the fact that I didn't know you were retarded for this long makes me respect you even more now. Hollywood is paying off my dude, you had me believing the whole act of you not being remedial.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    What was he today? 7/13 from 3, and his shooting directly brought his team back into the game... A bad thing though...
    Yeah when they were down by 20 and the Cavs took their foot off the gas. When he was getting that Delly D in the first half, wasn't he like 1-8 with 3 points?

Then once again, when the game was on the line and the Cavs clamped down and put pressure on him it was dumb TO after dumb TO. Dude was pulling some And-1 behind the back passes to some fans in the front seat and dribbing straight into traps

The problem is that the Warriors think that the shit they ran vs the soft ass Western Conference is going to work in the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Springsteen
    what are you opinions on klay? didnt you say he couldnt create his own shot?
    i was wrong

Top 1 Bball Mind.

....of all people to call you useless without the ball in his hands you choose Steph Freaking Curry...

he's more useful off-ball than 90% of people to ever play if he just walks to the corner and stands there.