Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Dunking on everybody in the park TrueBlue89's Avatar

Default Re: Where are your Gods now efficiency dorks

This thread is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    It's his most impressive. He's finally showing a touch of heart, and strong leadership. He's not caving to a more stacked team for a change. Like I said, not near the scorer MJ was. But he's still getting the necessary production in terms of volume. He's doing what he needs to do for the Cavs to win. And I tip my hat to un-cowardly play, which has been indicative of how he's played from 2010 - 2014.
    I think he's shown a ton of heart and I very much like this LeBron, finally playing with a no fvcks given attitude.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Being more efficient is always better. Always.
    First off, what is 'better'? If a player shoots 42% in one game and loses, yet shoots 38% in another game and wins hitting two 3's in the 4'th quarter: which is better? You're saying that the loser is better and you're wrong.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    It's his most impressive. He's finally showing a touch of heart, and strong leadership. He's not caving to a more stacked team for a change. Like I said, not near the scorer MJ was. But he's still getting the necessary production in terms of volume. He's doing what he needs to do for the Cavs to win. And I tip my hat to un-cowardly play, which has been indicative of how he's played from 2010 - 2014.
    lebron had his jordan 'choke' game (1989: game 5 vs detroit) in 2011, but yea, since then, he has shown a lot of heart. in the last 4 finals he's been UNREAL. this finals has been something you could look up in the future e.g. 50s and 60s stats, and think 'no way those numbers are legit' - they're like peak chamberlain/oscar numbers but of the modern day.

what GOAT's are made of

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    lebron had his jordan 'choke' game (1989: game 5 vs detroit) in 2011
    No that was an all time worst choke series and his team was favorites to win ... were up in the series. Wasn't a singular game. Way different. LeBron had his game 5 '89 Jordan moment of frustration when he quit mid way though the 2010 ECSF. LeBron didn't play like this with heart even in last year's Finals. He folded when the going got tough, then switched back to Cleveland for more talent again.

This is surprisingly similar to a 01 Sixers situation, with Lebron being a larger Iverson. Great defense with an inefficient but do-it-all player as the life force of his team's offense

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    First off, what is 'better'? If a player shoots 42% in one game and loses, yet shoots 38% in another game and wins hitting two 3's in the 4'th quarter: which is better? You're saying that the loser is better and you're wrong.
    All things held equal... How does that not make sense.

If all things are held equal, the player who shoots 42% while taking the exact same shots as the one that shoots 38% wins every time.

Nothing wrong about it.

Local High School Star Johnni Gade's Avatar

With the win the other day, two next homecourt games will be won. Thats 3-1, which is pretty much GG GS.

On cue ... Front page of ESPN.com

"Why numbers don't tell Lebron story"

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015...on-numbers-lie