Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone feel like Curry adds too much unnecessary flashiness to his game?

Eh, it's what also makes him so dangerous to guard. Since he's typically on, I'd say it's more of a positive.

But yeah. When he's off, he just looks like a dumbass out there over dribbling and chucking up god awful shots like the world's most annoying pick up teammate.

Default Re: Anyone feel like Curry adds too much unnecessary flashiness to his game?

"flashiness" has some unnecessarities to it.

Local High School Star kenny817's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Springsteen
    It's fine (see: Kyrie's handles).

The one thing that irked me tonight though was after shooting like 2-16, he got fouled by JR on a 2-point attempt and celebrated to the crowd like he just recieved a 4-point play. Dude's gotta level himself down a little.
    No he didn't. He was signaling 3 as to say he wanted 3 free throws instead of 2. He wasn't celebrating

NBA rookie of the year

He's way too loose with the ball. Needs to value possessions better.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    I think that oracle is so live that it's okay though. That arena is just ready to erupt every play.
    As great as that crowd is I wonder if their eagerness to explode is actually a detriment at times. From what I've seen the Warriors tend to play a little smarter when they're away, especially early. Seems they want to give the people highlight reel plays and it leads to some of the sloppiness (like those Green lobs that were nowhere near the mark).

I mean you'd take the Roaracle as a home base any day of the week, but sometimes the players need to just play instead of being too tricky to get a standing O

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    "flashiness" has some unnecessarities to it.
    ^This

You could even argue that he'd be less "effective" otherwise, but anyways, just how his game goes.

At least he's not quite like a Pistol Pete with it or something (even though Maravich played without the 3pt line, in a non-guard oriented league, in a time where that type of flashiness was frowned upon by many and a lot of teammates weren't that susceptible to flashy-passes or so).

I feel when he's on his game like you mentioned, its a thing of beauty to watch. But, when his game is off like in Game 2 it looks like a train wreck.

We've rarely seen him have a game like this, so the questions will rise when we see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    I feel when he's on his game like you mentioned, its a thing of beauty to watch. But, when his game is off like in Game 2 it looks like a train wreck.

We've rarely seen him have a game like this, so the questions will rise when we see it.
    I wasnt really talking about Game 2. That was just a bad game not due to trying highlight plays imo. But that behind the back pass to Barbosa was just cringe worthy

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

what about that point black wide open lay up that tied it. He went more crazy about that than Bron after the win.

Double edged sword. Will keep Curry from being a TRUE great. Not that I thought he had the potential to be mentioned with the GOATs in the first place, but he's too careless to a fault at times.

Curry was a TO machine early last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Springsteen
    It's fine (see: Kyrie's handles).

The one thing that irked me tonight though was after shooting like 2-16, he got fouled by JR on a 2-point attempt and celebrated to the crowd like he just recieved a 4-point play. Dude's gotta level himself down a little.
    I agree.

Also noticed that in game 1, he hit a jumper around the foul line to put GS up by 2 with 53 seconds left. Then proceeded to stand there in that spot for like 5 seconds as if "look what I just did" then finally got back on defense.

I rule the local playground

yeah and his fake ass voice he speaks with now, he's got kd disease trying to pretend to be hard.

NBA sixth man of the year

I think he does too much but its part of his game..Like it helps him keep a rhythm or something. It almost seems organic. But he seems to do a lot for show...Like his dribbling exhibitions before the game and him shooting from the tunnel before every game just feel like showing off.........

That Curry turnover

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

he's still young. he'll get over all those childish antics