Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: That KLove/Wiggins trade most likely killed a dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    One simple question. How many guys drafted drafted 11 years apart formed a dynasty?

[COLOR="White"]Answer: once, with Kareem/Magic, and Magic was so NBA ready he won fMVP in his rookie year. Wiggins won't reach that level for at least 3 more years.[/COLOR]
    KAJ and Magic

Obviously I'm not saying Wiggins = Magic but a really good young scorer would've helped LeBron in these Finals after KI's injury. A healthy KI, even with Love out, would've given the Cavs a legit chance. I was picking Cleveland to win these Finals up until KI was declared done.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    You have to remember that as LeBron declines, Love will still be in his prime, and Kyrie will be entering it.
    In his prime but not with the cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    KAJ and Magic

Obviously I'm not saying Wiggins = Magic but a really good young scorer would've helped LeBron in these Finals after KI's injury. A healthy KI, even with Love out, would've given the Cavs a legit chance. I was picking Cleveland to win these Finals up until KI was declared done.
    Which is exactly what I said and explained - Magic as a rookie is head and shoulders more impactful than Wiggins as a rookie. On this team right now, Wiggins wouldn't add very much. Not to mention if Love was healthy it wouldn't even be close. This argument is so weak that even in hindsight, it's close.

Decent college freshman

I don't think that they would have had a better shot to get through the RS and playoffs with Wiggins. Granted, he'd have helped theoretically past the first round, given Love's injury.

Pretty sure though that Wiggins, by net rating, wasn't even an averagely impactful player this year. I still think he'll hit super-stardom in a couple years, but the timing was way off with LBJ back in town. As Shuttlesworth said, Love was starting to hit a nice groove right until he got hurt. Wiggins is still figuring out how to play NBA ball. He probably would struggle in a Finals right now.

Now, I thought CLE gave up too much to acquire Love, but that's an entirely different discussion altogether...A healthy Cavs team seriously could have won the title this year. You usually go for those odds instead of trying to develop young talent en route to a title.

Local High School Star

If the OP at least waited to see if Wiggins actually develops into an all-star before posting this nonsense, he'd at least not look like a complete imbecile.

By all accounts, Wiggins lacked mental toughness in college. His game is still fairly raw. No one knows if he'll evolve into a Tmac hybrid or just a crappier, lankier version of Glenn Robinson.

Wiggins is not a transcendental star. when Lebron came on the Cavs, he immediately had an impact so much so that the Cavs stopped being in the lottery immediately.

trade was good because it brought Lebron James back. that's all that could be said, really.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Wiggins was not that great, let's be honest

Local High School Star

Note:

If you've not heard of Glenn Robinson, it's because you weren't even a mistake that should have gone on your mother's stomach/face/thigh when he was drafted #1 overall ahead of Jason Kidd and Grant Hill.

It's also because the guy wasn't anything special. Borderline AS talent who would never made it to an AS game without the East having been so thin on talent at SF in the 2000 and 2001 seasons. He made it twice at a time when the east's forwards were total garbage. Grant Hill (only one worthy), Glenn Robinson, and Dale fcuking Davis were the LEast's AS forwards in 2000. Tmac (same), Glenn, Antonio Davis, Anthony Mason rounded out the LEast's forwards in 2001.

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

As a cavs fan who cares about a dynasty, one championship would be enough. Hard to win one let alone get lucky enough to have several. Can we please stop acting like the cavs were not vastly better with love on both ends of the court this year. Wiggins wasn't even an average NBA starter on either end this year, shouldn't even be mentioned in the same tier as love till he actually does something.

A few touched on this fact but the real issue I see here is that Kyrie and Love are injury prone.

So with that said you may have mortgaged your future for a chance at players now that may not be able to keep it together to win a title.

It's a gamble but given this year they must focus on that trio being healthy during the right time of the season

The only issue I have is people calling the Kyrie and Love injuries "freak" injuries. I'm sorry to say, but both these guys appear to be injury prone. Kind of ironic, LeBron left Miami because he knew Wade couldn't stay healthy...

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    The only issue I have is people calling the Kyrie and Love injuries "freak" injuries. I'm sorry to say, but both these guys appear to be injury prone. Kind of ironic, LeBron left Miami because he knew Wade couldn't stay healthy...
    I actually would agree that Kyrie is injury prone, but there's nothing you can do about someone ripping your shoulder out of it's socket. That doesn't happen because you're "injury prone"

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    I actually would agree that Kyrie is injury prone, but there's nothing you can do about someone ripping your shoulder out of it's socket. That doesn't happen because you're "injury prone"

In 5 seasons as an NBA starter K. Love has missed 28% of games played do to injury. He's definitely bordering on injury prone.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

In 5 seasons as an NBA starter K. Love has missed 28% of games played do to injury. He's definitely bordering on injury prone.
    Sure, but him being injury prone wasn't the reason he's out for the season. Put anyone else in that same scenario, and they are out for the season. That is the perfect example of a freak play.. whether or not it was dirty.

It wasn't as if he aggravated a former injury like his back.

5 x 82 = 410

410 x 28% = 115 games missed.

Yeah...that's alot..lol